Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

From Theme Park Obsession's most recent video. Is the water level lower than usual or did they add some odd barrier here? Feels like a weird sight.
View attachment 11257
Also, at 7:14, oof...that's a pretty bad malfunction there. Can't even do the proper B-mode movements. I know animatronics tend to mess up too, but hopefully it's been fixed since the video.

I know we need rides....BUT I would be fine with it down for 5 months to get it READY to be at 100 Percent. Maybe do some sort of Dino Show as a "replacement" for the ride from January - late May

I’ve been totally out of the loop with what’s been going on with this ride. Is A-mode I-Rex happening soon or did it already happen?
Not yet. Still holding out hope for a scheduled refurb over the winter where they can (hopefully) finish it, but nothing has been announced as of yet.

I’m a huge Universal Studios Hollywood Fan I went yesterday and road Jurassic world twice its not doing good. The tank scene is not in sync with the boats the water is not hitting the boats the moasuaures screen is resetting before the guests view is out of reach. The cave scene is boring noting to see and with the speed of the boats being slower now its really bad. Then in stegosaurs cove the stegosaurus’s don’t move anymore there completely move less. The dinosaur that pops out the water (sorry cant remember name) does not jump out anymore it just sits there spitting water at you from its nostrils. Predator cove is just nothing. In the show building I noticed it twice the first I do head that bites from above is squeaking so loud. Blue didn’t come out my second ride through and that leaves us with the moveless indo so sad to see those fighting leaked photos a year back and now we have a head with no movement. The only cool part left if the T-Rex himself and its crazy the hardest animatronic the t-rex is the only one that works and it was built 20 years ago how can we not get a head indo working in today’s world. I that brings me back to the water problem on this ride you don’t get wet anymore on this ride that was know for getting you wet unless you get lucky in the mousasures tank your not getting wet sucks.

Also really cool when I was waiting in line for Jurassic world I was wearing a Super Nintendo shirt and the ride op pointed at me and said come back in two years. Then he told me that it’ll be fast, scary, and spins around, nothing we don’t already know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think the ride is due for some maintenance. Mama stego didn’t work when I went on today and I think I could hear squeaking on the I-Rex head as mentioned above.

Not yet. Still holding out hope for a scheduled refurb over the winter where they can (hopefully) finish it, but nothing has been announced as of yet.

Do they usually announce if a ride will be down on social media? I don’t recall that being the case.

Thanks for clarifying at least.

Also, odd, I went on the ride again and this time the mama stego was working.

Though I feel like the ride dispatch rate needs to be adjusted once they do the refurb, since not only do they seem to be doing it in a way that the last mosasaur screen resets before it’s completely out of view, they’re gonna have to account for the I-Rex animatronic resetting, as needless to say, it’s gonna have movements before and during the T-rex appearing, making it more complex than the T-rex.

So it's been..about what, a month now? And still, that JW sign that was latched to the building is still gone, leaving only the steel framing.

Taken via IU's latest Photo Report:

IMG_4938-2-696x464.jpg

I have to wonder..why they haven't brought it back. Because if they have made no intention to remove the steel framing, then I'd think that they're planning to bring it back. But to that end, why leave it like that when it's visible from not just the area--but the valley?

I think I actually saw a small yet noticeable tear in the neck of the Indominus when I went on today.

I’ll see if I can get another pic later on. I wonder if they’ll have to take it out to fix it up on top of finalizing it. Wouldn’t be surprised if the ride closes after today or this week to go into refurb. The ride could really use it right about now.

There is no excuse for a ride this new to have this many maintenance issues. It has only been open since July. Outside of the screens sometimes being dim, the effects on Justice League at Magic Mountain almost always work perfectly, and they likely have a much smaller maintenance budget then USH does.

Jurassic World should be the flagship attraction of USH, not something that is already showing its age after 6 months.

Given how universal supposedly monitors the forums and it’s why no leaks are allowed to be posted here, I do at least hope they take in the feedback here.

At least on the flip side, they had surveyors at the ride exit not long after the ride opened, and then there’s how they’re at least working on the Indominus with the times it went behind a curtain. Let’s just hope they do more with the feedback.

Also, I have pictures of the tear, and I think my first photo shows it the best. Pardon the shaky camera.
C6EB702B-0308-4387-B97A-FDA79AD58CA1.jpeg 91C0B76D-866F-4EF1-906E-D5DDE253381C.jpeg 9815E054-1BDA-4315-9A75-3A5562E86C5D.jpeg
If you need me to circle where, I’ll do what I can.

Given how universal supposedly monitors the forums and it’s why no leaks are allowed to be posted here, I do at least hope they take in the feedback here.

At least on the flip side, they had surveyors at the ride exit not long after the ride opened, and then there’s how they’re at least working on the Indominus with the times it went behind a curtain. Let’s just hope they do more with the feedback.

Also, I have pictures of the tear, and I think my first photo shows it the best. Pardon the shaky camera.
View attachment 11398 View attachment 11399 View attachment 11400
If you need me to circle where, I’ll do what I can.
I have no idea where I'm supposed to be looking

Expect JW to go down for 2 days next week!

Then again mid February through the end of March. (1.5 months)

Was wondering when this would happen, thought it was usually earlier in previous seasons?

Either way 1.5 months to get Indo into A mode, reinstall the JW sign and add SOMETHING to predator cove - not too much to ask?!

Imagine the amount of complaints from tourists being unable to ride the” new adventure “. Like Chris mentioned the ride will be shut down for two days in the next coming week. If the ride were to be shut down for more than a week for a refurbishment, many tourists will be frustrated because the ride just opened, and universal continues to advertise the ride on television, YouTube, etc... So it may even be possible that the refurbishment will occur with the ride remaining open, for an example, a few months ago, we saw curtains up by the i. Rex. This may happen again... Another option would be not having a refurbishment at all. LOL