Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I’m being honest, I don’t think this is such a bad idea.

Same. I like the fact that it’s a modern artist and not a 70s rocker; not that those were bad houses just harder for someone my age to get excited about. A Billie house makes me much more excited than Horrors of Blumhouse 3(unless it had Ma - love that movie) or Purge 5.

I mean I find it odd that a musician will have a presence at the event that has nothing to do with their music, at least I assume since her music wouldn't particularly fit well in a maze, but I guess in theory this might have an interesting room or two. I appreciate mainstream artists being interested in the haunt industry, but depending on how this goes this aint it.

I mean I find it odd that a musician will have a presence at the event that has nothing to do with their music, at least I assume since her music wouldn't particularly fit well in a maze, but I guess in theory this might have an interesting room or two. I appreciate mainstream artists being interested in the haunt industry, but depending on how this goes this aint it.

I've kept myself from talking on HHN (as I've tried to stay out of the loop), but if Billie Ellish is a maze for HHN..why would it not be based off of her music? Personally, I can easily see Murdy taking on her first album, and doing something similar to what he did with Alice Cooper when it came to mixing a album with a maze.

My two cents, but it's an interesting prospect if this is indeed a thing happening.

Last edited:
Answer is in the Orlando thread, figured out by @OhHailInternet95. Honestly not that much of a groaner for me and will probably be a headliner. That said, Hollywood is gonna have a weird time with her artistry and music but I think Murdy will do good with it.

Okay, so I read this comment and haven't read anything afterwards. Based entirely off of context, I'm totally gonna guess Billie Eillish.

EDIT: Qweeeeeeeeen. I'm showing my Gen Z here but I'm pumped lol.

Here's one of her music vids to see what a maze of hers might look like:

I've kept myself from talking on HHN (as I've tried to stay out of the loop), but if Billie Ellish is a maze for HHN..why would it not be based off of her music? Personally, I can easily see Murdy taking on her first album, and doing something similar to what he did with Alice Cooper when it came to mixing a album with a maze.

My two cents, but it's an interesting prospect if this is indeed a thing happening.
The main issue is that from what I've heard at least, none of her music has any horror themes outside of the music videos themselves, which even then isn't a lot to go off of, and her music itself is a lot more low key than the kind of stuff you normally see coming to horror nights, but thats just my two cents.

The main issue is that from what I've heard at least, none of her music has any horror themes outside of the music videos themselves, which even then isn't a lot to go off of, and her music itself is a lot more low key than the kind of stuff you normally see coming to horror nights, but thats just my two cents.

I would argue the same thing could've been said about Alice Cooper in a way. Some of the music that was present, wasn't exactly some of the most booming tracks that would fit for HHN.

What I think could be something to look at, is if the team decides to spin the music itself; to paint a story similar to how Go to Hell was represented. I do think it's one of the most perplexing ideas; but that could be a great choice for some potentially creative and exciting possibilties.

I would argue the same thing could've been said about Alice Cooper in a way. Some of the music that was present, wasn't exactly some of the most booming tracks that would fit for HHN.

What I think could be something to look at, is if the team decides to spin the music itself; to paint a story similar to how Go to Hell was represented. I do think it's one of the most perplexing ideas; but that could be a great choice for some potentially creative and exciting possibilties.
I mean the tracks may not have been as loud, but the persona and subject matter of alice cooper commonly fell within the realm of horror, something that can't really be said of eilish, it would make more sense to have her do new music for a different maze like slash than for it to be based on her music, in my opinion.

Doing more research -- the context is starting to fall into place a little. I think she made a pitch.

She is an L.A. local who grew up near USH and has probably gone to Universal Studios/HHN for years, and she obviously has an interest in horror based on her look/vibe. Also, she's signed to Interscope, which is run by Universal Music Group, and although UMG =/= NBCUniversal, it's not impossible to think that she could get in a room based on that connection, however tenuous it may be. She was probably like, "Hey, I've been to HHN a bunch of times and I have an idea for a maze," and Universal was probably like, "Uh, well, you're clearly a megastar with a huge following, so sure, get in here, tell us your idea," and that was that. Remember, it's all just rumor right now, so they could just be exploring options/concepts for a partnership. Also, I could see Murdy being into it because he is a bit of a star-chaser, name-dropper, and ORL hating it for that same exact reason, so the whole "ORL being dragged into it" thing makes sense.

An interesting development, to be sure. I'm not sure how I feel about it overall. This event (and horror, in general) is just getting so, so mainstream, more than it already was.

The Billie Eilish rumors take me back to the HHN 2011 survey.. after Alice was a hit, they included a new section on the survey dealing with "music acts".. and the usual suspects were listed (Ozzy, Marilyn, KISS, Slipknot etc..) but there was also a survey entry for Lady Gaga.. and how we all shuddered at the thought of a Lady Gaga maze at HHN..

Her music isn't bad. Very pop/commercial, but there's some industrial/dark electro there. That said, I wouldn't expect a potential maze to be based on her music, or really even feature her music. It's probably an original idea she has, and Universal can use her name to promote the event.

So which of legacy’s clues in THIS THREAD was for Billie Eyelash? Also I was at work literally thinking about what a “groaner maze” would be and I thought of Billie Eilish but thought “NAHHHHHHHHHH”

We had planned on going to this last Oct but our 6 week European adventure set us back a few more thousand more than planned, so it killed off the budget for this. But... 2020 is a go so far. And I'm glad as this will now incorporate Disneyland/DCA for GE and MA as well.

One reason the trip was postponed is we wanted the VIP tix since it'll be a one day thing for us. So, I'mma watching this thread closely.

Okay, so I read this comment and haven't read anything afterwards. Based entirely off of context, I'm totally gonna guess Billie Eillish.

EDIT: Qweeeeeeeeen. I'm showing my Gen Z here but I'm pumped lol.

Here's one of her music vids to see what a maze of hers might look like:

She did also attend HHN Hollywood last year. And her first album is Horror Inspired as well. Not my type of music but I can expect most of it to be based off certain lyrics and such or song titles and some on the music videos imagery ("All the Good Girls Go to Hell", "Bury a Friend", etc).

She did also attend HHN Hollywood last year. And her first album is Horror Inspired as well. Not my type of music but I can expect most of it to be based off certain lyrics and such or song titles and some on the music videos imagery ("All the Good Girls Go to Hell", "Bury a Friend", etc).

I’d expect a lot of sleep paralysis and night terror imagery too. The artwork for the album was inspired by that stuff and it influenced a lot of the writing

Status
Not open for further replies.