Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't hate on me for this but in an event like this, WDW is probably going to be one of the last place on earth where I would want to be.

People are going to take risks for a few reasons; For many people, this is once in a lifetime trip and many of those people can't afford not to go if their travel insurance isn't prepared to pay out.Disney have hammered the idea into people that you need to plan your trip down to the hour. You need to book your dining 6 months in advance, you need to stay on site so you can book that FP 2 months in advance. Simply postponing your trip for a few weeks or months means that you lose everything you've planned.

yeah i thought about this,

Don't hate on me for this but in an event like this, WDW is probably going to be one of the last place on earth where I would want to be.

People are going to take risks for a few reasons; For many people, this is once in a lifetime trip and many of those people can't afford not to go if their travel insurance isn't prepared to pay out.Disney have hammered the idea into people that you need to plan your trip down to the hour. You need to book your dining 6 months in advance, you need to stay on site so you can book that FP 2 months in advance. Simply postponing your trip for a few weeks or months means that you lose everything you've planned.
And on top of all of this, WDW and UOR are the type of places to have guests from all over the world.

The cancellations for the Convention Center have begun.
And at the convention hotels, too. I work in a few pretty big convention hotels in the area and they're having cancellations left and right. Starting to look like it's gonna be a rough month at the least for the industry.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Higher Humidity Lowers Flu Transmission. You may be safer from the flu in a humid room than in a dry one, according to a new study from researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.”

I searched flu because it is a virus and because I didn’t want to encounter all the search-engine noise out there surrounding the coronavirus.
And FL is as dry right now as it ever gets

Sorry

Yep :( I'm still going next year, but this is a massive blow for Austin's economy. I've been planning this trip since last summer, and having it all go down the drain a week before really sucks. The virus definitely would've spread into the city if the festival wasn't cancelled, so it's a good preventive measure at least.

Reactions: Coasted and Teebin
Cruises.. but not airplanes where people travel in even closer quarters?

The main difference is the incubation period and length of travel.

You could catch the virus, get on a plane and not pass it on to anybody else before departing the plane. On a cruise, you could feel fine boarding and not become symptomatic until a few days into the cruise.

I don't know how quickly it spreads but maybe it's something to do with being on a plane a few hours vs being on a cruise for a week or whatever. Plenty of time for it to spread around in confined area there.

Geeez, I hadn’t even paid attention to what the news said about incubation period, so I went and looked it up and it is still a bit of an unknown. 1-5-14-24 days incubation are the potentials with 5 being the most common. Perhaps it is faster the poorer ones health?

It is unnerving to think one could be running around for 2 weeks thinking that all is good when it is not...

To me, kids are the scariest thing about it. They can show almost no symptoms. They might not know they have and go about spreading it while touching and licking everything.

Seems like most cases in US originated from cruise ship passengers, somewhere down the line. Makes sense to completely shut them down , which may well be the next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.