Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Myself, I never quote the CDC since their actions & reputation through all of this has been disgraceful. So many mistakes & missteps that I have no faith in their predictions, advice or actions. Generally they have had more of a 50/50 chance of being wrong. May as well just roll the dice to come up with a good answer. Probably an agency that really needs overhauled with a thorough housecleaning of personnel. Seems like there's a lot of Peter Principle professionals(?) and hacks there.

Myself, I never quote the CDC since their actions & reputation through all of this has been disgraceful. So many mistakes & missteps that I have no faith in their predictions, advice or actions. Generally they have had more of a 50/50 chance of being wrong. May as well just roll the dice to come up with a good answer. Probably an agency that really needs overhauled with a thorough housecleaning of personnel. Seems like there's a lot of Peter Principle professionals(?) and hacks there.

The CDC has been consistent and truthful it is the messaging of the Executive branch that is a total mess. Do NOT confuse those two.

Are we thinking of the same CDC? Just because the President went to the CDC and lied a few times doesn’t mean the good people working there haven’t been doing an EXCELLENT job.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
The CDC has been consistent and truthful it is the messaging of the Executive branch that is a total mess. Do NOT confuse those two.
Are we thinking of the same CDC? Just because the President went to the CDC and lied a few times doesn’t mean the good people working there haven’t been doing an EXCELLENT job.
You mean like how the CDC did such a great job releasing the early evacuees from Wuhan and the Cruise Ships back into the USA....with little or no protections for the people processing them. Just one example. Lets not protect incompetence.

Reactions: Andysol
You mean like how the CDC did such a great job releasing the early evacuees from Wuhan and the Cruise Ships back into the USA....with little or no protections for the people processing them. Just one example. Lets not protect incompetence.
The CDC is only incompetent inasmuch as Trump rendered them incompetent: Trump says China "should have told us" about coronavirus. He removed the official meant to do that.

If you're looking for someone to blame here, it's not the CDC, who have done exemplary work given their historical constraints.

CDC pushed to quarantine those people. The State Department overruled them and released them without quarantines.
not referring to when they were in Japan and then transported.Yes, that was a bad move on the State department. I'm referring to once they stepped on American shores. Processing was largely unprotected.

Reactions: Andysol
Reactions: Mad Dog
1) How Likely does this mean HHN not happen this year?
2) Is Nintendo land going to be pushed back an entire year?
3) With rumors of the budget already being low....how bad is it now that they are losing millions of dollars? Will Nintendoland now be the last big project for years?

3) With rumors of the budget already being low....how bad is it now that they are losing millions of dollars? Will Nintendoland now be the last big project for years?

1. Unlikely but we don’t know.
2. Prob not, but We don’t know.
3. We don’t know. Maybe?

if hhn cant be built, on time, it makes me wonder as well... because even if uni opens by august, theres no way a full hhn can happen (plus budget cuts)
maybe they can do a lighter cheaper version of hhn? reusing props? bring old houses back? a year full of old houses? replace houses with "indoor scarezones"? how fast can houses and costumes be made? how quick can houses be built? can a full hhn be made in a couple of months?
who knows, could hhn be moved to january? would people show up?
the answer to How Likely does this mean HHN not happen this year? depends on how quick things open and how quick hhn gets built.

It was likely that USH HHN was going to have a low budget year again like 2017. Since 2019 was a great year for the event, it is likely that the budget was already lower for this year, since that is how things have gone in the past. Now that this has happened, the budget for 2020 USH HHN will likely be even lower than it originally was.

Reactions: Lucky Planet

The IOC has officially commented--the Summer Olympics/Paralympic's in Tokyo has been pushed back no further to Summer of 2021.

____

To comment on something--and I think it is somewhat important..Universal doesn't seem to be stopping construction, on any of their parks. If I am going to wonder--I am curious if NBCUniversal and Comcast are implementing the guidelines, policies, and efforts that they had done for UBR, when China was being effected. I have my doubts on if HHN will happen this year--but I am not going to be shocked if they are going to try to have the event go on.

Reactions: Lucky Planet

If I'm a major company I am making contingency plans for this fall and next spring. That means they can execute decisions quickly, not that it is for sure something happening.

If I'm a major company I am making contingency plans for this fall and next spring. That means they can execute decisions quickly, not that it is for sure something happening.
It will certainly be interesting how HHN is handled this year (assuming it happens as planned), considering the event is nothing but people on top of each other all night every night. That's not even bringing up the scareactor side of things, either.

Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood has extended its closure through April 19

Status
Not open for further replies.