Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

With Trumps 'by Easter' statements today, Dave's @Disneyhead guess at a mid April reopening might not be that outrageous after all.
I think this is his only way of trying to inspire "hope". States won't and haven't been following him on what they can for the most part. I still think May for these parks at the very very earliest.

Id presume this ride gets help during this time off, is Disney is going to invest anything into its parks at the moment should be this. The queue seems beautiful too so good time for standby lines.

The queue seems beautiful too so good time for standby lines.
The queue is actually the most bland part of the whole experience. It reminds me of the caves in the FoP queue. It's also a fairly short queue for an E-ticket - probably can only hold 90-120 minutes worth of queue max. That's the major problem with doing stand-by with this ride before. It would've been snaking all up and down Grand Avenue in all likelihood if they were doing stand-by and not VQ before.

I still highly doubt it, considering New York isn't even expected to hit it's peak until the beginning of May. New York is just the beginning of all of this, meaning the rest of the country will trickle behind them with each state's individual peak after that. The "by Easter" was him saying that's what he would "hope" for too, so the goalposts can still be moved.
You're probably right on WDW & Universal. But I think Trump's mind is made up and he'll start reopening within the next few weeks.

You're probably right on WDW & Universal. But I think Trump's mind is made up and he'll start reopening within the next few weeks.
Trump can't control what the Governor's do though (regarding stay at home orders and gathering sizes), so he can claim that he's restarting, but the heavily impacted places will remain closed. And those pockets are only going to continue to grow and appear more and more around the US in the coming weeks. If he does do it by the 12th, it will be a mistake imo and only prolong this situation. Scientists have warned we could see a second spike if we restart too soon.

The queue is actually the most bland part of the whole experience. It reminds me of the caves in the FoP queue. It's also a fairly short queue for an E-ticket - probably can only hold 90-120 minutes worth of queue max. That's the major problem with doing stand-by with this ride before. It would've been snaking all up and down Grand Avenue in all likelihood if they were doing stand-by and not VQ before.
Definitely agree on it being bland. Especially the two major switchback rooms towards the beggining of the indoor queue. While we've only seen it hold 90-120 now (which is really more like 60-75 with the ride fully functioning), it will hold a much longer wit once FP+ shows up to slow down Standby. I could see the queue holding roughly 3hrs when accommodating for that. Mind you, MMRR would be lucky to hold a 30 min queue w/o FP+ (and ditto for Rat).
Whenever we eventually see BG's get pulled, I expect that FP will have to come up with it.

That heinous virtual queue lottery is back...

At least they’re doing it 3 times a day.

Back when I was planning a DL trip, this lottery was - by far - the most stress-inducing part of the trip. What if we don’t get picked over 3 days? Is 3 attempts enough? What if we want to sleep in during our vacation?!

I’d have 9 chances to get a spot in the new system, which at least sounds less stressful even if overall odds are probably similar.

At least they’re doing it 3 times a day.

Back when I was planning a DL trip, this lottery was - by far - the most stress-inducing part of the trip. What if we don’t get picked over 3 days? Is 3 attempts enough? What if we want to sleep in during our vacation?!

I’d have 9 chances to get a spot in the new system, which at least sounds less stressful even if overall odds are probably similar.

What I don’t understand about this new system is that you can still end up in a backup group. So does that mean all three time slots will be allowing backup groups? If you get a backup group at 10:00 AM, does that mean they’re done for the day before the 1:00 PM time slot opens up? Or will they not even open up the 1:00 & 4:00 time slots once they fill up at 10:00? Cause it does mention you have to sign in at the 3 different times to check availability. We’ll find out on the 15th, I guess.

All I know for sure is I can’t wait for them to just open the regular queue up and let that be that.

What I don’t understand about this new system is that you can still end up in a backup group. So does that mean all three time slots will be allowing backup groups? If you get a backup group at 10:00 AM, does that mean they’re done for the day before the 1:00 PM time slot opens up? Or will they not even open up the 1:00 & 4:00 time slots once they fill up at 10:00? Cause it does mention you have to sign in at the 3 different times to check availability. We’ll find out on the 15th, I guess.

All I know for sure is I can’t wait for them to just open the regular queue up and let that be that.
My gut feeling is that they’ve taken all of the guaranteed groups and split them evenly amongst the three times.

The backup groups probably won’t be evenly distributed over the three times. I would think they would heavily skew towards the morning allotment (if Disney thinks ride will go through groups quicker than given) or evening allotment (opposite).

Either way, I bet that the 1pm timeslot will be the worst for getting a backup group.

Does anyone know what the maximum wait times the queue was built for? Is it possible that they’re employing this just because demand is expected to remain high or is the ride really going to still have tech problems?

Does anyone know what the maximum wait times the queue was built for? Is it possible that they’re employing this just because demand is expected to remain high or is the ride really going to still have tech problems?
I have no idea what it is normally, but from my experience at Magic Kingdom Thursday the social distancing markers cause Mine Train line to spills out into walkways at 30 mins. Space Mountain spills out at 20. Rise already had a shorter queue to start with, so with distancing in place it likely wouldn’t be able to hold anything remotely resembling a manageable standby line, (even if it is running well).

I think interior + exterior was about two hours of queue based on normal operation. Which they haven’t hit.

Not going to link, but based on pictures on Twitter they’ve routed the distanced queue backstage.

Curious to see how this new boarding group system works compared to the old one, especially with social distancing coming into play. It sounds like the 10 AM batch was gone within 2-3 minutes or so. From what I'm seeing on Twitter, boarding groups are moving incredibly slow so far today (likely due to social distancing). As of noon, they were only on groups 7-11 with an hour to go before the 1 PM groups become available. Seems like a wild balancing act that'll take time to perfect.

Curious to see how this new boarding group system works compared to the old one, especially with social distancing coming into play. It sounds like the 10 AM batch was gone within 2-3 minutes or so. From what I'm seeing on Twitter, boarding groups are moving incredibly slow so far today (likely due to social distancing). As of noon, they were only on groups 7-11 with an hour to go before the 1 PM groups become available. Seems like a wild balancing act that'll take time to perfect.

Inconvenient waits....but got to give them credit for trying to fix the distancing issues. I'd guess this attraction is the toughest in Orlando to try to accommodate covid safety, since the pre shows are 'critical' to the ride's entertainment experience.