Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Cup_Of_Coffee

Veteran Member
Aug 7, 2018
With Trumps 'by Easter' statements today, Dave's @Disneyhead guess at a mid April reopening might not be that outrageous after all.
I think this is his only way of trying to inspire "hope". States won't and haven't been following him on what they can for the most part. I still think May for these parks at the very very earliest.

Id presume this ride gets help during this time off, is Disney is going to invest anything into its parks at the moment should be this. The queue seems beautiful too so good time for standby lines.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
The queue seems beautiful too so good time for standby lines.
The queue is actually the most bland part of the whole experience. It reminds me of the caves in the FoP queue. It's also a fairly short queue for an E-ticket - probably can only hold 90-120 minutes worth of queue max. That's the major problem with doing stand-by with this ride before. It would've been snaking all up and down Grand Avenue in all likelihood if they were doing stand-by and not VQ before.

Mad Dog

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2013
Pittsburgh area
I still highly doubt it, considering New York isn't even expected to hit it's peak until the beginning of May. New York is just the beginning of all of this, meaning the rest of the country will trickle behind them with each state's individual peak after that. The "by Easter" was him saying that's what he would "hope" for too, so the goalposts can still be moved.
You're probably right on WDW & Universal. But I think Trump's mind is made up and he'll start reopening within the next few weeks.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
You're probably right on WDW & Universal. But I think Trump's mind is made up and he'll start reopening within the next few weeks.
Trump can't control what the Governor's do though (regarding stay at home orders and gathering sizes), so he can claim that he's restarting, but the heavily impacted places will remain closed. And those pockets are only going to continue to grow and appear more and more around the US in the coming weeks. If he does do it by the 12th, it will be a mistake imo and only prolong this situation. Scientists have warned we could see a second spike if we restart too soon.

Magic Feather

Rookie
Apr 19, 2019
The queue is actually the most bland part of the whole experience. It reminds me of the caves in the FoP queue. It's also a fairly short queue for an E-ticket - probably can only hold 90-120 minutes worth of queue max. That's the major problem with doing stand-by with this ride before. It would've been snaking all up and down Grand Avenue in all likelihood if they were doing stand-by and not VQ before.
Definitely agree on it being bland. Especially the two major switchback rooms towards the beggining of the indoor queue. While we've only seen it hold 90-120 now (which is really more like 60-75 with the ride fully functioning), it will hold a much longer wit once FP+ shows up to slow down Standby. I could see the queue holding roughly 3hrs when accommodating for that. Mind you, MMRR would be lucky to hold a 30 min queue w/o FP+ (and ditto for Rat).
Whenever we eventually see BG's get pulled, I expect that FP will have to come up with it.

Reactions: Alicia and Nick