Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto.

Been hearing some of the ideas they’re exploring, like staggered opening and closing times for USF/IOA to help spread out crowds. Sounds like they haven’t fully decided on all procedures yet though. Should know more by end of the month as far as the parks go.

Also, I believe TM temperature checks have already begun for anyone coming into work.
Temp checks for employees makes sense. UPMC hospital system here has been doing that since the first week of March with all employees. It's worked well to keep the hospital system clean, and it's fast and easy.

giphy.gif

This temp check thing is silly, stupid, silly. I saw a report a week ago that the vast majority of patients admitted to the NYC hospitals in the past 8 weeks had normal temperatures.

Oh, I disagree. While yes, it's not a guarantee to catch every person with COVID, it still does weed out those who may have COVID and present fevers. Sadly, there are those types of clowns. Better to lessen those odds.

Yeah, If an employee shows up coughing or showing other obvious symptoms you'd send them home. No reason not to do the same with a fever. Yeah it won't catch everyone, but until theres a widely accessible 15 minute or less test, you use the tools you have.

Reactions: Mad Dog
They should install scanning stations like the Tokyo airports have anyways. Weed out the flu people every other year who come to spread it knowingly.

Reactions: Andysol
Heard enough little birdies to know universal is looking to open the parks, resorts, and CityWalk.
Ditto.

Been hearing some of the ideas they’re exploring, like staggered opening and closing times for USF/IOA to help spread out crowds. Sounds like they haven’t fully decided on all procedures yet though. Should know more by end of the month as far as the parks go.

Also, I believe TM temperature checks have already begun for anyone coming into work.
Hollywood is probably on a different track, right?

Heard enough little birdies to know universal is looking to open the parks, resorts, and CityWalk.
As in opening them all at the same time? That probably makes the most sense for UOR given how interconnected the entire facility is (and how isolated it is, requiring a big trek from the garages for day guests). Truly a blessing and a curse.

While yes, it's not a guarantee to catch every person with COVID, it still does weed out those who may have COVID and present fevers
And not just COVID, but any illness.

Do you know how many times people would drag their sick kid to the park or themselves even if they had a fever?
They saved all year for that trip, spent days planning it, months anticipating/hyping it, and they aren't going to miss that nighttime show.
It's something I wish they always had, tbh, and this gives them the excuse and precedent to use it indefinitely if they want.

What's your guess?

I think it's fully dependent on case but could see that being the last extension. But pinned down I say July 15. Italy in the fall would be so nice without the crowds, but I don't think they're going to let anyone in until 2021.

Edit: Sorry mods- just noticed I double posted!

Reactions: JungleSkip
What's your guess?

I think it's fully dependent on case but could see that being the last extension. But pinned down I say July 15. Italy in the fall would be so nice without the crowds, but I don't think they're going to let anyone in until 2021.

Edit: Sorry mods- just noticed I double posted!
arrrrr.....25 lashes for the double post......but using Potter licorice whips ....a true Universal punishment :lol:

I don't think EU will be canceled. Florida is putting to much money into the road work for it to be, IMO. But it'd be easy to cut a ride here or there, which would suck
Beyond this, Comcast has the advantage now of being able to look back at 9/11 and knowing that everything bounced back. I think they will want the resort to be at it's fullest when everything does bounce back, especially since they are trying to extend stays at the resort to compete with WDW.

Open the parks when? Because I have a little birdie who showed me a picture of the parks being overgrown, flowers dead and there's debris everywhere right now. That's something that will take a bit of time to fix and make it guest ready.

Last edited:
Open the parks when? Because I have a little birdie who showed m e a picture of the parks being overgrown, flowers dead and there's debris everywhere right now. That's something that will take a bit of time to fix and make it guest ready.
Everyone through the gate gets a trowel and clippers? Could be an upcharge if they offered "garden at Universal" Maybe there are many that would love to trim, clean and replant as a memory?

Everyone through the gate gets a trowel and clippers? Could be an upcharge if they offered "garden at Universal" Maybe there are many that would love to trim, clean and replant as a memory?
This could be Teebin's @Teebin big chance to get in there and fix those landscaping issues. He'll have the park looking like a gem within a week......and Disney just increased the Rewards Visa Card to 3% for supermarket purchases from now through June of 2021. 3%, up from 2%.....Let the discounting to entice visits began.
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Disneyhead
Open the parks when? Because I have a little birdie who showed me a picture of the parks being overgrown, flowers dead and there's debris everywhere right now. That's something that will take a bit of time to fix and make it guest ready.

How long would it realistically take to fix this? A week, 2 weeks max?

It will probably take longer to get the staff trained and other preparation for reopening.

Status
Not open for further replies.