Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YESSSSSSS

Finally will be able to do things out side again

You can do things outside in LA now! I went to Malibu for the first time today and it was empty. Same for hiking trails around my neighborhood the last few weeks. Just go during the week or early in the AM on the weekend.

Reactions: Mad Dog
How long do they expect the rest of the season to last? I thought I saw that there were like 250 games left. I have August reservations for Coronado so I wonder if they'll shuffle people out of there
If they do end up at Coronado, I would not be surprised to see your August reservation moved. Likely to another Moderate, or maybe even a deluxe.

You can do things outside in LA now! I went to Malibu for the first time today and it was empty. Same for hiking trails around my neighborhood the last few weeks. Just go during the week or early in the AM on the weekend.
Can you park on PCH yet? I was looking it up and not much info on it

They’re also the front runner for MLS.
Can they really have two major sports intermingling at WWoS? I guess the Soccer field are pretty far from basketball courts, so I guess I could see it.

How long do they expect the rest of the season to last? I thought I saw that there were like 250 games left. I have August reservations for Coronado so I wonder if they'll shuffle people out of there
There's still roughly a month and a half of the regular season and they aren't talking about starting until mid-July. That mean that Playoffs won't start until September or so and the playoffs normally last two months, which would put them into Late October/Early November.

Reactions: Yung1522
I was kinda hoping they put all the players in All Star Sports like the Pop Warner kids.
These are Professional athletes that are used to staying in nice hotels when they travel. They aren't going to stay in a motel for 4 months. Plus, if travel comes back to Orlando, the Pop resorts are likely the first thing to fill up. With how expensive the Coronado tower is, this makes too much sense for Disney to have a full time tenant, renting out basically the whole hotel for 4 months.

I thought Joe was being sarcastic....
Joe’s never sarcastic... ;)

I am curious how these games will work in practice. I’ve never been to ESPNs facility at Disney, but are there a enough indoor courts to have multiple games happening simultaneously every night? Would the post season be much longer with no back to back night games? Or would they air some on the weekdays in the daytime too to make up for lack of space?

How does this work at all when basketball players are literally in physical contact with each other?

Man guys, the United States has 1/3, 1/3!!!! of the worlds cases and no grip on it whatsoever, like, what are we f'ing doing??

I thought Joe was being sarcastic....
Perhaps, I guess I took it more seriously because it's an actual suggestion that has been made in the past.

I still don't understand how this is gonna work. The first time someone tests positive they're gonna have to quarantine an entire team for 2 weeks
From what I understand, the teams will basically be quarantined in their hotels the entire time they're here anyway. It won't be a fun experience. They are hoping they can get their hands on a lot of 15 minute tests and be able to administer those so full teams wouldn't have to quarantine if a player gets it.

From what I understand, the teams will basically be quarantined in their hotels the entire time they're here anyway. It won't be a fun experience. They are hoping they can get their hands on a lot of 15 minute tests and be able to administer those so full teams wouldn't have to quarantine if a player gets it.

Those 15 min tests are super inaccurate though. I dunno, just seems like they're gonna play for a week or two and then have to shut everything down again

Joe’s never sarcastic... ;)

I am curious how these games will work in practice. I’ve never been to ESPNs facility at Disney, but are there a enough indoor courts to have multiple games happening simultaneously every night? Would the post season be much longer with no back to back night games? Or would they air some on the weekdays in the daytime too to make up for lack of space?
There's enough courts for them to be having basically the entire league playing all at once if they chose.

Those 15 min tests are super inaccurate though. I dunno, just seems like they're gonna play for a week or two and then have to shut everything down again
And don't forget you have to worry about referees, too.

It's a sticky situation. They still may not go through with it, but they really want to because a lot of money is riding on them finishing out the season. And i'm not talking TV money, i'm talking league salary cap money is what's at stake.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.