Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 197 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Maxpass is I think it only works with a smaller amount using it the service, so that's why I think it would have to be limited to Deluxe Resorts if it was still a perk for them. Giving it to all hotel guests would flood the system, as is evident now with FP+.
I was thinking along the lines as a 'fee day of maxpass' , not free, only available to hotel guests entering the parks.

The problem with Maxpass is I think it only works with a smaller amount using it the service, so that's why I think it would have to be limited to Deluxe Resorts if it was still a perk for them. Giving it to all hotel guests would flood the system, as is evident now with FP+.
MaxPass is basically digital paper FP. The paper machines still exist, but the main benefit of MaxPass is that you don't have to go to the machine to get your return time. They don't even collect paper FPs anymore at Disneyland - what prints out is just a reminder and you actually scan your ticket or phone (if you have an AP on there) to redeem your "paper" FP.

A lot of the other benefits are probably inconsequential at scale... you get to book a second one a little bit sooner and I think the return times usually shade about 5-10 minutes sooner than what is posted later in the day. But you still have to have entered the park to make any reservation which makes it more "fair." If you show up at DCA at 9am, you'll get a decent RSR return time instead of all of them being gone 59 days ago.

Last edited:
Big Brother US cast is rumored to be "quarantining" today. Idk how this happens as LA county has a major spike, but we shall see. Would still be one of the first shows in production again.

Doesn't help that 2 of the heavily rumored cast members (Josh *not surprising* and Kaycee) were out partying in Miami in clubs just this past week. So I frankly have lowered my expectations to it not happening.

Also, Survivor is currently working with the Fijian government to get filming back there asap, possibly by the end of next month/early August as they were supposed to film last March, and it seems to be progressing. Lots of staff stays home or is working remotely on site. Players tested and quarantined. Chartered flights to Fiji have been happening, and I believe a few other CBS shows, reality and scripted, film in Fiji. Fiji also has like zero new cases. Should be interesting how this all plays out.
Weren't Josh and Kaycee just on The Challenge, too?

No clue, I think some big brother players do the challenge so wouldn’t shock me if they got them cause they’re BB winners but I’ve never seen The Challenge tbh.

Also like it’d be JUST like 2020 to give me hope that Dan, Ian, Tyler, Dayvonne, Danielle Reyes, and Janelle were all returning JUST for Covid to cancel the season entirely. I’m desperately trying to not get my hopes up that this all still happens as it’d be a wonderful distraction for a bit.

No clue, I think some big brother players do the challenge so wouldn’t shock me if they got them cause they’re BB winners but I’ve never seen The Challenge tbh.

Also like it’d be JUST like 2020 to give me hope that Dan, Ian, Tyler, Dayvonne, Danielle Reyes, and Janelle were all returning JUST for Covid to cancel the season entirely. I’m desperately trying to not get my hopes up that this all still happens as it’d be a wonderful distraction for a bit.
If Danielle Reyes is returning, wouldn't it be something if local Orlando news anchor and former ally of hers, Jason Guy, came back as well :lol:

They’re on the current season, but it was filmed long before all this started. I don’t think they started production on their next season yet (it’s typically late summer).

WWE getting hit with a bunch of COVID cases and friends and family are being asked not to come to the next taping. Worth noting that the WWE Performance Center is right here in Orlando.

Latest word seems to be that it may even be upwards of two dozen individuals.

One source believed the positives to be in the "two dozen range" but PWInsider.com has not yet been able to vet that is accurate beyond confirming that there are multiple positives. The positives are said to be across the board - talents, production and staff.

AEW (films in Jax) also benched two wrestlers today for secondhand contact with someone with COVID, but no new confirmed cases there.

An airline analyst on CNBC now is talking about how they're watching the travel numbers to Orlando to see if the spike in cases will affect flight traffic. And they are watching what's happening at Universal in regards to their reopening to get a snapshot of what's going on. She also said that they are expecting more airline bankruptcies in Europe in the very near future. She also said they're trying to get a grasp of what airline traffic will look like after the Labor Day weekend, when it has a normal drop, but this year may be worst.

An airline analyst on CNBC now is talking about how they're watching the travel numbers to Orlando to see if the spike in cases will affect flight traffic. And they are watching what's happening at Universal in regards to their reopening to get a snapshot of what's going on. She also said that they are expecting more airline bankruptcies in Europe in the very near future. She also said they're trying to get a grasp of what airline traffic will look like after the Labor Day weekend, when it has a normal drop, but this year may be worst.
Looking at the TSA numbers, it looks like things are topping out at 20-23% of the previous year's throughput so far.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Some good news from the Netherlands, life is getting back to (more) normal and it is fantastic. The numbers of infected stay really low too (but will be monitored).
July 1 restaurants may fill up again (reservation needed and they'll ask you if you are sick), theaters and cinema's may hold up to 100 people (can grow to 300 in about 2 weeks time if things go well), and even the sex workers can return to work (I'm not joking). If you are in doubt you can be tested for free and if you test positive they track who you met and they will be tested too and infected will be isolated. It's all quite positive.
Edit: Btw, no masks except for public transportpion. Masks give a false sense of security and used wrong (like touching it) can even make things worse.

Last edited:
Some good news from the Netherlands, life is getting back to (more) normal and it is fantastic. The numbers of infected stay really low too (but will be monitored).
July 1 restaurants may fill up again (reservation needed and they'll ask you if you are sick), theaters and cinema's may hold up to 100 people (can grow to 300 in about 2 weeks time if things go well), and even the sex workers can return to work (I'm not joking). If you are in doubt you can be tested for free and if you test positive they track who you met and they will be tested too and infected will be isolated. It's all quite positive.

Scotland is in a similar position minus the sex workers, unofficially, they never stopped working. If everybody stays sensible, we inch closer to normality every day.

This is what it looks like when all the people on the boat are rowing in the same direction.

At this point, I don't see how movie theaters don't also delay their reopenings. As long as they sell food, they're a risk, and they need to sell food to stay in the black.

At this point, I don't see how movie theaters don't also delay their reopenings. As long as they sell food, they're a risk, and they need to sell food to stay in the black.
The only new movie currently scheduled for the first month of movie theaters being open is Mulan right now. We haven't seen Disney re-start marketing for Mulan yet, which to me says that they aren't locked into the 24th yet. I have to think that Mulan is going to be delayed until August at this rate.

But again, sure, let's open theme parks.

The only new movie currently scheduled for the first month of movie theaters being open is Mulan right now. We haven't seen Disney re-start marketing for Mulan yet, which to me says that they aren't locked into the 24th yet. I have to think that Mulan is going to be delayed until August at this rate.

But again, sure, let's open theme parks.

I still think theme parks /=/ movie theaters and are fundamentally safer, but I see your point.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.