Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 210 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there are ways to minimize exposure and not take risks. Wear a mask. Socially distance. Or just don't go.

If you are as angry as I am about this then take that anger to the polls in November.

Way ahead of ya on the latter, but the first isn't fair to those who have actually stayed put since March. Everyone else's selfishness keeps us locked up even longer. These billion dollar companies could absolutely stay shut longer and would absolutely get bailed out time and time again, as they already are, if need be. They aren't going anywhere. The policies in place by the parks are nice and all, but the enforcement on how TMs are treated behind the scenes with symptoms and testing is a joke that is eventually going to lead to more cases if it hasn't already.

I think people are just accepting this is going to happen because it is clear there is no real plan in place, and, without one, these places cannot afford to stay closed until a vaccine/strong antiviral arrives.

I think that the European and Japanese (maybe Chinese too) parks will definitely survive this because those countries are, you know, TAKING CARE OF THEIR CITIZENS. Here, I'm not so sure--I think the California parks are toast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive and RevFreako
I think that the European and Japanese parks will definitely survive this because those countries are, you know, TAKING CARE OF THEIR CITIZENS. Here, I'm not so sure--I think the California parks are toast.

I'm still convinced the California is going to cave to the parks once it's confirmed supercharged unemployment is not being extended.

And if CA is toast, FL is sure to follow.

As ridiculous as some might find it, my love for the parks was one of the only things making me really want to stay in the US pre-Covid. If they close forever, I will try like heck to leave (I doubt I'd succeed but hey I can dream).

I think that the European and Japanese (maybe Chinese too) parks will definitely survive this because those countries are, you know, TAKING CARE OF THEIR CITIZENS. Here, I'm not so sure--I think the California parks are toast.
I'll bet you a coke they won't..at least not yet.

As another poster above said if the extended Government unemployment checks are stopped, while I'm not saying I agree with what will happen after...I think people will just accept the virus as the new normal and go out and work. Not everyone but no way will people just sit in their homes lose it over risking getting sick.
Also HHN is still being built....so at least universal thinks it's worth the money to keep working on the parks for now and doubt they would if the parks were going to shut down

As another poster above said if the extended Government unemployment checks are stopped, while I'm not saying I agree with what will happen after...I think people will just accept the virus as the new normal and go out and work. Not everyone but no way will people just sit in their homes lose it over risking getting sick.

You’re assuming everyone is sitting at home just waiting to return to their job, and that their job is in turn waiting for them. PPP money and extended unemployment are going to run out at just about the same time, and it’s not going to be a fun time.

The fact that some people are “making” more with extended benefits than they were at their job speaks more to the sad state of employee compensation than it does anything else.

Here's a question:
At what point do the studios stop moving movie release dates back and put them out in theaters internationaly?

I ask because most of Asia and Europe are now past their peaks and are starting to open up, but movie theatres have nothing new to show (First world problems I know) At the moment it's starting to feel like US theaters won't reopen for months, if at all this year.
I just wonder how long Studios can hang on before releasing internationaly in order to get some revenue coming in?

Here's a question:
At what point do the studios stop moving movie release dates back and put them out in theaters internationaly?

I ask because most of Asia and Europe are now past their peaks and are starting to open up, but movie theatres have nothing new to show (First world problems I know) At the moment it's starting to feel like US theaters won't reopen for months, if at all this year.
I just wonder how long Studios can hang on before releasing internationaly in order to get some revenue coming in?
I don’t see why certain movies couldn’t release overseas and then here whenever theaters open, but Studios seem to want to release either all at once or not at all.

I don’t see why certain movies couldn’t release overseas and then here whenever theaters open, but Studios seem to want to release either all at once or not at all.
I think they are probably concerned about piracy as they will all make their way onto download sites, BUT at some point they need to get some income. I just can't see them not releasing anything this year.

I think they are probably concerned about piracy as they will all make their way onto download sites, BUT at some point they need to get some income. I just can't see them not releasing anything this year.
They also don’t make as much of a % from international release.

I personally am not expecting anything this year and will be happily surprised if we see anything released.

They also don’t make as much of a % from international release.

I personally am not expecting anything this year and will be happily surprised if we see anything released.

Probably the best way to approach it. I just miss going to the movies so much.

I wonder what the next movies to move to PVOD will be, looking forward to watching Greyhound on Apple+ this weekend - a good bit of Tom Hanks escapism

Reactions: rinacee
Probably the best way to approach it. I just miss going to the movies so much.

I wonder what the next movies to move to PVOD will be, looking forward to watching Greyhound on Apple+ this weekend - a good bit of Tom Hanks escapism
Bill & Ted and The New Mutants seem good candidates for PVOD.

Reactions: Grabnar
Status
Not open for further replies.