Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we all just resolve to never complain about large crowds (once they’re safe) ever again? Yes low crowds may be fun on the surface but lots of people’s livelihoods rely on people coming to the parks. Seriously, if you ever DO have that opportunity again (to complain about large crowds), instead just be thankful that people are able to come to the park. /rant

Last edited:
Not sure if it is still a thing but when we lived in Orlando you had the pre-pre-pre-, pre-pre-, pre- and after- black Friday weeks. Than started pre-pre-pre-, pre-pre-, pre- and after- Christmas sale and in January...more sales.

Not sure if it is still a thing but when we lived in Orlando you had the pre-pre-pre-, pre-pre-, pre- and after- black Friday weeks. Than started pre-pre-pre-, pre-pre-, pre- and after- Christmas sale and in January...more sales.

How did you get out of the US? Curious.

I may be thinking...ok, fantasizing about leaving.

Yes...it had gotten to the crazy and almost absurd point.

How did you get out of the US? Curious.

I may be thinking...ok, fantasizing about leaving.
Well we (my parents and I) where on vacation in Florida. The reason was my dad got arthritis and the doctor told him he would end up in a wheelchair. I asked where in the world he wanted to go to and as a 21 year old I did a tour trough Florida and he wanted to do that. So we are from the Netherlands and it was winter and the weather was terrible and dad had a lot of problems with his arthritis but it went great in Florida where the weather was nice during our 4 week trip. So we said, we probably should have a house here. Long story short, they sold their house and moved in with me and they bought a home in Davenport (four corners). It was fun for 11 years but then his health deteriorated so a week before the market crashed we sold the house and they moved back to The Netherlands.
We still sometimes visit for a 10 week vacation where we rent a home.

Can we all just resolve to never complain about large crowds (once they’re safe) ever again? Yes low crowds may be fun on the surface but lots of people’s livelihoods rely on people coming to the parks. Seriously, if you ever DO have that opportunity again (to complain about large crowds), instead just be thankful that people are able to come to the park. /rant

I genuinely wonder how long it will take people to feel normal again in big crowds. It's kind of weird to watch anything now with crowds without having an uneasy feeling.

I genuinely wonder how long it will take people to feel normal again in big crowds. It's kind of weird to watch anything now with crowds without having an uneasy feeling.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Even just watching TV with crowds in it now there's a little catch in your brain that's like "Wait, they should be wearing masks!"

I'm hoping these stick around during cold & flu season here post-coronavirus.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Even just watching TV with crowds in it now there's a little catch in your brain that's like "Wait, they should be wearing masks!"

People still haven't fully adopted them during a pandemic and you expect them to wear them voluntarily during Flu Season? Always good to be optimistic, I guess. :lol:

Doubtful there'll be any international tourism for a good while as cases around the world, in areas that had seemingly contained the virus (Hong Kong, Australia, Japan) start rising again.....and now Europe....Story on the
Washington Post website today..."Europe Scrambles to Avoid a Second Coronavirus Wave, as Infections Rise".

I mean you all do you

But I think Disneyland Crowds are basically just them letting AP's in too much and has less to do with them needing the money and more they just wanting to squeeze every penny from people and making it worst for people who can only come once a year..or lifetime.

Crowds should be light to medium and only fully when its summer or end of the year....year round it sucks

It's an interesting part of other cultures that I would love to see grafted into our culture here. Sick? put on a mask in public

I know I'm going to do it moving forward regardless of Flu/Cold/Etc....Before now I would have been embarrassed

It's an interesting part of other cultures that I would love to see grafted into our culture here. Sick? put on a mask in public

I know I'm going to do it moving forward regardless of Flu/Cold/Etc....Before now I would have been embarrassed

I think I'd feel more embarrassed wearing a mask if I had a cold if things return to normal providing that people finally understand that wearing a mask is to protect everybody else.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I think I'd feel more embarrassed wearing a mask if I had a cold if things return to normal providing that people finally understand that wearing a mask is to protect everybody else.
I am always uncomfortable walking through a cloud of other peoples sneezes or coughs. I can count three times that was the inflection point to my being ill. If masking sticks (I hope) then maybe we all save millions of hours being sick.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
I am always uncomfortable walking through a cloud of other peoples sneezes or coughs. I can count three times that was the inflection point to my being ill. If masking sticks (I hope) then maybe we all save millions of hours being sick.

Depending on what happens with a vaccine in the next few months, I think that masks are here for the rest of the year at least. Flu season will be interesting.

Depending on what happens with a vaccine in the next few months, I think that masks are here for the rest of the year at least. Flu season will be interesting.
IF there's a successful vaccine.....of course....Once they get a good number of people vaccinated, you'll see the masks come off. Mask fatigue will win out over cold/flu concerns, especially in the suburbs and rural areas.

The "roaring 20's" all can be traced back to the 1918-1920 Pandemic and the original World War. Much like now, people had to change how they lived and wore cloth masks just like all of us are having to do. After that came the rise of the Speakeasy to get around prohibition laws. The 1920's bacame known as "the roaring 20's" because people were back from the war and the Pandemic was over which meant it was time to party. That's sort of what I imagine happening once we have a widely available vaccine.

People want to get out and do things. People want to go conventions, concerts, sporting events. I think people will get over crowds a lot quicker than you'd think.

The "roaring 20's" all can be traced back to the 1918-1920 Pandemic and the original World War. Much like now, people had to change how they lived and wore cloth masks just like all of us are having to do. After that came the rise of the Speakeasy to get around prohibition laws. The 1920's bacame known as "the roaring 20's" because people were back from the war and the Pandemic was over which meant it was time to party. That's sort of what I imagine happening once we have a widely available vaccine.

People want to get out and do things. People want to go conventions, concerts, sporting events. I think people will get over crowds a lot quicker than you'd think.
Exactly. You are so right. History in western societies, time and time again, has shown that outcome after a time of crisis and tightening of life styles to accommodate the crisis.....Heck, it already happened on a smaller scale once the one to two month lock down ended in parts of the US, and now it's starting to spring up in Europe too. According to the Washington Post & NY Times stories yesterday and today, European infection is up 20% in the past week, and the bars/restaurants/large gatherings scenario is being attributed as the cause, as masks and social distancing become less universally maintained. .... After a full scale vaccination, it's going to get crazy in the US.

Last edited:
Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick

Yeah, I really don't even think it'll take much time whatsoever. Look at the controversial concerts that have happened over the past month or so (The Chainsmokers, Chase Rice, etc.). Even when we shouldn't be attending, people are packing these things :lol:

I know I'll be right back out there the second things are safe enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.