Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 224 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean you all do you

But I think Disneyland Crowds are basically just them letting AP's in too much and has less to do with them needing the money and more they just wanting to squeeze every penny from people and making it worst for people who can only come once a year..or lifetime.

Crowds should be light to medium and only fully when its summer or end of the year....year round it sucks
I try to be mindful of this when I visit. I’m an AP- because the flex pay makes it feel cheaper than planing a big trip- but I live in SC so I only visit once over summer and once at horror nights (maybe once at Christmas too) so I’m not quite the level of visits as the people on this board, but I never take for granted how often I visit and try to be so nice and mindful of others while I’m there because I know for a lot of people it’s a once in a lifetime trip. The first time I went I sure never thought I’d ever be able to come back. So be nice to people, help people, yada yada.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The "roaring 20's" all can be traced back to the 1918-1920 Pandemic and the original World War. Much like now, people had to change how they lived and wore cloth masks just like all of us are having to do. After that came the rise of the Speakeasy to get around prohibition laws. The 1920's bacame known as "the roaring 20's" because people were back from the war and the Pandemic was over which meant it was time to party. That's sort of what I imagine happening once we have a widely available vaccine.

People want to get out and do things. People want to go conventions, concerts, sporting events. I think people will get over crowds a lot quicker than you'd think.

That seems so obvious now that you've explained it.

The roaring 2020's does have a nice ring to it.

Well we (my parents and I) where on vacation in Florida. The reason was my dad got arthritis and the doctor told him he would end up in a wheelchair. I asked where in the world he wanted to go to and as a 21 year old I did a tour trough Florida and he wanted to do that. So we are from the Netherlands and it was winter and the weather was terrible and dad had a lot of problems with his arthritis but it went great in Florida where the weather was nice during our 4 week trip. So we said, we probably should have a house here. Long story short, they sold their house and moved in with me and they bought a home in Davenport (four corners). It was fun for 11 years but then his health deteriorated so a week before the market crashed we sold the house and they moved back to The Netherlands.
We still sometimes visit for a 10 week vacation where we rent a home.

Just to chime in for a moment. We were living about 200 miles south of there. Once the pandemic hit, my wife started to think of a pool. We somehow found our dream home in Davenport! We've been real happy staying home now, but it is odd how little we know of the area (in a sense).

Reactions: MrRoamer and tielo
I try to be mindful of this when I visit. I’m an AP- because the flex pay makes it feel cheaper than planing a big trip- but I live in SC so I only visit once over summer and once at horror nights (maybe once at Christmas too) so I’m not quite the level of visits as the people on this board, but I never take for granted how often I visit and try to be so nice and mindful of others while I’m there because I know for a lot of people it’s a once in a lifetime trip. The first time I went I sure never thought I’d ever be able to come back. So be nice to people, help people, yada yada.
I'm talking the weekly visitors

If I could it would be max 24 trips a year, but Disneyland used to be fun to head to on a weekday now its flooded with people and it's just not fun.

Universal doesn't have this issue it still has an off season and even when it's crowded you can hope in the last tow hours of that day and still do many big rides quickly int he summer.

Reactions: jseal777
Reopenings are encountering issues just about everywhere, usually for the same or similar reasons, though not all as bad as some of the southern US states. Another article today on the Washington Post web site, "Coronavirus Makes A Comeback
Around the World".....
It's getting pretty obvious that international tourism and international sports are done and dead until a successful vaccine is widely instituted.

That's actually really cool...Specifically for rides that have a separate load and unload

Or they could just cycle an empty train. I’d assume that this would only be used every 30 min or so.

Apparently the chemical is safe enough to spray on people, but I can’t imagine anyone would tolerate that.

Reactions: shiekra38
Sounds like Fall sports may be delayed. The NCAA President said he'd be "shocked" if an outbreak like the Marlins have doesn't happen with Fall sports.

Universal parks more profitable open than closed despite reduced capacity....however record high guest satisfaction services so far. COVID has had a small positive effect on the parks. PVOD helped a lot in reducing the loss of revenue of theatre closers.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I found this for Context ^^ :

Now if Only the Hollywood Park could open in some way to continue to get people to come in and have jobs

But it's a good/bad news kinda thing Parks are way down...but making more money than closed is a good thing because this means even with limited numbers of guests they can still be open and lastly the guests being happy is also a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.