TWDC Investor Day (12.10.20) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

TWDC Investor Day (12.10.20)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So apparently Falcon & the Winter Soldier premieres March 19th? I had heard March, but didn't hear the specific date.
Loki is also coming in May. So I'd say concerns around waiting after Black Widow were unfounded.....

Except what does this mean:
Eo60vYLXUAEKwS6.jpg

Last edited:
Loki is also coming in May. So I'd say concerns around waiting after Black Widow were unfounded.....
Yeah, Loki will probably be released in Mid-May. Give people time to see Black Widow and then drop Loki a few weeks after.

Marvel all looks fun. Not as interested in the MCU post Endgame, but it’s all more interesting than what they’re doing with Star Wars
At least Star Wars has a direction now, though. You may not ike it, but it's not the mess the Sequel trilogy was anymore.

Reactions: Grabnar
At least Star Wars has a direction now, though. You may not ike it, but it's not the mess the Sequel trilogy was anymore.
I’m gonna have to disagree that “I dunno, more unnecessary prequels and stories set between episodes 1-9?” is a direction. Just feels like wheel spinning to me

(and none of it will reach the level of THE LAST JEDI)

I’m gonna have to disagree that “I dunno, more unnecessary prequels and stories set between episodes 1-9?” is a direction. Just feels like wheel spinning to me

(and none of it will reach the level of THE LAST JEDI)
I would love to see Rian's trilogy get made as much as anyone and I know you want that, but you also know that because of how divisive TLJ was (despite me agreeing that it's a great movie), he's never gonna get that trilogy. His name alone would drag down the box office of the film.

Reactions: Tristan
What I'm most excited for/intrigued by:

FX Original Series:
Alien -- Yes, please. Hopefully they really let it be scary.
Shogun -- HUGE potential for a fascinating, "Prestige Television" story. The book's great.

Pixar:
Win or Lose -- FANTASTIC idea for any show, much less an animated one. If it has Pixar's trademark emotional resonance, could be incredible. Too bad we have to wait three years for it!
Lightyear -- A big animated sci-fi adventure? I'm in.
Luca -- CALL ME BY YOUR NAME: THE KIDS VERSION? Animation looks fantastic.

Star Wars:
Mando Season 3
Ashoka
The Acolyte -- Big-time interested in a show that might explore the SW galaxy from the Dark Side perspective.
Obi-Wan -- I still think having Vader and Obi-Wan meet pre-A NEW HOPE is kind of a cheap loophole, but I'll give it a pass.
Indy 5 -- Please be good. And please get made while John Williams is still around to score it.
Rogue Squadron -- VERY excited by this one. In a little intro video on her Twitter, Jenkins says she wants to make "the greatest fighter pilot movie ever made."

Marvel:
Wandavision/F&WS/Loki -- The footage speaks for itself. All look terrific.
Hawkeye -- Renner and Steinfeld should be fun together.
Thor Love and Thunder -- Bale as Gorr should be incredible casting.
Blade -- I hope Disney lets Marvel push the horror content a bit with this one.
She-Hulk
Moon Knight
Secret Invasion -- Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn in "buddy cop"-type situations, hopefully?
Armor Wars -- Nice to see Cheadle get to headline something.
Fantastic Four -- Give us the Victor Von Doom we deserve!

Last edited:
I would love to see Rian's trilogy get made as much as anyone and I know you want that, but you also know that because of how divisive TLJ was (despite me agreeing that it's a great movie), he's never gonna get that trilogy. His name alone would drag down the box office of the film.
It doesn't even have to be that, though that's by far the most exciting potential project. Literally anything that isn't based on the same 20 characters in the same 60 year time period we're constantly stuck in would at least be nice. But it's clear they just want to make MCU in Space, and that is just so boring/depressing

It doesn't even have to be that, though that's by far the most exciting potential project. Literally anything that isn't based on the same 20 characters in the same 60 year time period we're constantly stuck in would at least be nice. But it's clear they just want to make MCU in Space, and that is just so boring/depressing
I tend to agree. That’s why the High Republic series they announced is the one I’m most looking forward to.

Reactions: Grabnar
I watched the Loki trailer and I’m 100% convinced that with the time period set in the past, Loki is going to be DB Cooper.

I’m calling it now.

Reactions: JungleSkip
OMG

YESSSSSS....I have wanted Abomination back for so long....god what a good day

The Hulk has some of the most under-utilized (in live action) comics storylines, so if they can use SHE-HULK to backdoor some of those stories into the show (without having Bruce overshadow Jennifer Walters), I'd be thrilled.

Let's see the Grey Hulk at some point!

Just gotta get that seventh season of Justified.

I forgot they said rematch of the century. Ugh. Was hoping they would just do Clone Wars flashbacks.

I think you could do an interesting parallel story following both Obi-Wan and Vader where they don't directly meet.

But yeah, they've basically said we're going to get a fight.

I am happy for Hayden Christensen that he gets to come back and play Vader.

Just gotta get that seventh season of Justified.

I forgot they said rematch of the century. Ugh. Was hoping they would just do Clone Wars flashbacks.
With Hayden Christiansen as Vader, I assume we’ll be seeing him out of his suit possibly extensively. Otherwise there’s no point in bringing Hayden back, bc there’s no way he voices Vader.

Reactions: SeventyOne
With Hayden Christiansen as Vader, I assume we’ll be seeing him out of his suit. Otherwise there’s no point in bringing Hayden back, bc there’s no way he voices Vader.

Guessing a mixture of Hayden and James both on-board. Would make sense for James; as he was brought back for Rebels.