TWDC Investor Day (12.10.20) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

TWDC Investor Day (12.10.20)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I knew they'd talk about Taika's film. No way they were gonna mention Rian. Also a Patty Jenkins SW film!

Here's the full slate announced:

Wait. Disney got Children of Blood and Bone?

*sigh* my interest in that just plummeted.

Alien series is the only new thing I’m interested in.

I have seen nothing bad from the trailers...Disney seems to be killing it right now.

I know not everyone here will like everything but who cares not everything is made for you...its made for a wide enough audience that most people will enjoy these shows

Ya know they may be a faceless evil corporation, but Turning Red, Encanto, and all those series look pretty good.

So there's essentially going to be weekly new MCU content from mid-January until the fall. Ambitious.

It's extremely bold to have so much Marvel content to be canonized and prime for Disney+, it'll be a crucial point of the service. And the fact that they're having event stories like Secret Invasion; which could easily be an Avengers level story to tackle..

It's bold. If anything, seeing Ironheart, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Monica Rambeau, and America Chavez..kind of gives a good vibe to what to expect going forward; if Young Avengers is inbound.

What If? looks way better than I was expecting when they originally announced it and now that we have a multiverse going on, the show actually seems to be very timely for Marvel.

Reactions: Grabnar
I'm not getting hyped for fantastic four...

the past three fantastic four era have not been good.

55c8d4322acae710008bedda

If anything, seeing Ironheart, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Monica Rambeau, and America Chavez..kind of gives a good vibe to what to expect going forward; if Young Avengers is inbound.

This kind of makes me uneasy, frankly. I've never heard anything particularly good about that title (I know it has passionate fans, but more for what it represents than for its incredible storylines, as far as I can tell), and I don't necessarily want a roster of such teen-skewing characters to start driving the MCU.

But it's all in the execution, of course. If I want something that skews older, I'm sure BLADE and MOON KNIGHT will supply that.

Trust Feige to do them correctly.

I have a feeling the MCU Doctor Doom -- when he finally arrives -- will be glorious.

Is there going to be anything about the parks before I head to bed?
Highly doubtful. They want Wall Street to be happy, they can't announce major investment into the parks during COVID.

This kind of makes me uneasy, frankly. I've never heard anything particularly good about that title (I know it has passionate fans, but more for what it represents than for its incredible storylines, as far as I can tell), and I don't necessarily want a roster of such teen-skewing characters to start driving the MCU.

But it's all in the execution, of course. If I want something that skews older, I'm sure BLADE and MOON KNIGHT will supply that.

Trust Feige to do them correctly.

I have a feeling the MCU Doctor Doom -- when he finally arrives -- will be glorious.
There's so many characters in the MCU that we could have a group of 5 to 6 teens and they still would be in the vast minority among all the characters.

55c8d4322acae710008bedda
The first Dare Devil movie sucked to and the Netflix series was amazing

I have faith Disney will nail it....name one main character they didn't get right by the end? People love the Guardians of the Galaxy, no one cared about them before this.

Sorry for double post, but to summarize (and this is just what I can remember off the top of my head. Also might be repeating things that were rumored and are now confirmed).

ESPN+
SEC Deal
Stephen A Smith show (yo)
Man in the Arena (Tom Brady Super Bowl docu-series. Episode 6 should be interesting)

FX Original Series:
American Horror Stories (anthology series)
Alien (from Legion creator Noah Hawley)
Shogun (has Tim Van Patten as director)
Y: The Last Man (finally)
Reservation Dogs (Taika Waititi involved. All time great title)
4 MORE SEASONS OF SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA!

National Geographic:
Nothing interesting but I have to shoutout the audacity of the tiles A Real Bug's Life and Welcome to Earth

Disney Proper:
Mighty Ducks sequel show
Turner and Hooch
Mysterious Benedict Society
Hocus Pocus 2
Diary of a Wimpy Kid animated film
Zac Efron's Three Men and a Baby
Ice Age show
Cruella
Little Mermaid
Pinocchio
Peter Pan & Wendy
Lion King prequel (w/music by Hans Zimmer, Pharrell Williams, and Nicholas Britell)
Rescue Rangers Live Action/CGI (John Mulaney as Chip, Andy Samberg as Dale)
A surprising amount of biographical sports movies?
Beauty and the Beast Prequel Series ( :eek:O: )
Disenchanted (Enchanted sequel)

Disney Animation:
Tiana (Princess and the Frog Series where Tiana goes to Maldonia)
Moana series
Baymax series
Zootopia+ (shorts parodying various reality TV shows)
Iwaju (Collaboration with African artists that takes place in a modern day Lagos)
Raya on Disney+
Encanto

Pixar:
Soul (December 2020)
Popcorn Pixar (Various shorts featuring different Pixar characters) January 2021
Luca (June 18th, 2021)
Dug Days (Up sequel shorts) Fall 2021
Turning Red (Domee Shi's new movie!) March 11th, 2022
Lightyear (Gritty Buzz Lightyear Origin Story starring Chris Evans) June 17th, 2022
Lightning Mcqueen and Mater (Roadtrip series) Fall 2022
Win or Lose (Original Series showing differing perspectives on a single week) Fall 2023
No mention of Monsters at Work

Star Wars:
Mando Season 3 confirmation
Rangers of the New Republic
Ashoka
The Acolyte (High Republic, Sith, female-led series by creator of Russian Doll)
Lando (by Justin Simien of Dear White People)
Star Wars: A Droid Story (The actual title of the show)
The Bad Batch
Obi-Wan with Hayden as Darth Vader
Andor
Visions (Animatrix but for Star Wars)
Willow (Jon M. Chu directing an episode)
Children of Blood and Bone
Indy 5 (Which they said would be the last Indy film. Respect)
Rogue Squadron (Set in a 'future era', so possibly post TROS? Directed by Patty Jenkins) Christmas 2023

Marvel:
Wandavision (January 15th, 2021)
F&WS (March 19th, 2021)
Black Widow (May 7th, 20212)
Loki (May 2021)
What If...? (Summer 2021)
Shang-Chi (July 9th, 2021)
Eternals (Nov. 5th, 2021)
Ms. Marvel (late 2021)
Hawkeye (late 2021)
Spider-Man 3 Spider-Man (Dec. 17th, 2021)
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (March 25th, 2022)
Thor Love and Thunder (Christian Bale confirmed as Gorr) May 6th, 2022
Black Panther 2 (will not recast Chadwick) July 8th, 2022
Captain Marvel 2 (with Ms. Marvel and Monica Rambeau returning) November 11th, 2022
Guardians Holiday Special (James Gunn directing, Christmas 2022)
She-Hulk (Tatiana confirmed)
Moon Knight (no casting revealed)
Secret Invasion (Nick Fury Disney+ series)
Ironheart (Riri Williams Disney+ series)
Armor Wars (War Machine against people who have stolen Tony's tech. Disney+ series)
Groot series
Blade
Ant-Man 3 (Kathryn Newton as Cassie Lang)
Fantastic Four (Directed by Spider-Man Director)

All I can say is what an insane lineup, and I hope Tiana and Enchanted are traditionally animated.

EDIT: And how could I forget the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special!
EDIT 2: Also let me know if I forgot something important, like Turner and Hooch.
EDIT 3: Added some significant ESPN gets and other shows. Can't believe I missed Pharrell Williams producing the music for Lion King 2.

Last edited: