TWDC Investor Day (12.10.20) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

TWDC Investor Day (12.10.20)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With Hayden Christiansen as Vader, I assume we’ll be seeing him out of his suit possibly extensively.

I think this is more likely than not, but I do think there's something to be said for having a real actor under that costume, especially if Vader's going to be a full character and not just a glorified cameo like in ROGUE ONE.

I think this is more likely than not, but I do think there's something to be said for having a real actor under that costume, especially if Vader's going to be a full character and not just a glorified cameo like in ROGUE ONE.
The finale of Rogue One was is probably my favorite single sequence in any of the Disney Star Wars movies. I’m not sure if that was Prowse or not, but if not, bring that guy back please.

The finale of Rogue One was is probably my favorite single sequence in any of the Disney Star Wars movies. I’m not sure if that was Prowse or not, but if not, bring that guy back please.

Same, I was happy with the first appearance of him in the film, but then came that finale. The theater I was in let out a collective "OH Sh!T" at his reveal, and the reaction just ramped up as that scene turned terrifying real fast. Now I personally like Rogue One as a whole, but that finale makes it so worth it.

Reactions: WAJAS and Nick
I’m gonna have to disagree that “I dunno, more unnecessary prequels and stories set between episodes 1-9?” is a direction. Just feels like wheel spinning to me

(and none of it will reach the level of THE LAST JEDI)

I think wheel spinning is overly negative but it is sort of meandering in the way the old EU was which isn't necessarily a bad thing. There's a lot of really cool lore to pull from in the "SW: Legends" or whatever they're calling the non-canon stuff now, and I'd love to see some of it brought to screen just as a reset from the hot trash that was RoS.

Overall, I'm most excited for Ms Marvel. My girlfriend is Pakistani and is absolutely thrilled to see a Pakistani actress portraying her; representation is important y'all.

I think wheel spinning is overly negative but it is sort of meandering in the way the old EU was which isn't necessarily a bad thing. There's a lot of really cool lore to pull from in the "SW: Legends" or whatever they're calling the non-canon stuff now, and I'd love to see some of it brought to screen just as a reset from the hot trash that was RoS.

Overall, I'm most excited for Ms Marvel. My girlfriend is Pakistani and is absolutely thrilled to see a Pakistani actress portraying her; representation is important y'all.
Having read way too much of the old EU as a kid, I’ll agree to disagree on there being a lot of worthwhile stuff to pull from there. I’d just like to see someone come at the universe with a new angle, rather than rehashing the same stuff we’ve already seen (just one of the reasons I love TLJ)

totally agree with Kamala tho. Outside FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER that’s definitely my most anticipated Marvel show. Kamala is a great character. I just hope they don’t mess her up like the MCU botched Peter Parker

the MCU botched Peter Parker

"Botched" is an awfully strong word.

We can quibble with the decision to have the character exist so much in Tony Stark's shadow, but I think Peter's personality is portrayed extremely well. Tobey Maguire's Peter will always be the one I relate to most strongly (because I was a teenager when those first two movies came out), but I think Holland's done a great job in the role.

"Botched" is an awfully strong word.

We can quibble with the decision to have the character exist so much in Tony Stark's shadow, but I think Peter's personality is portrayed extremely well. Tobey Maguire's Peter will always be the one I relate to most strongly (because I was a teenager when those first two movies came out), but I think Holland's done a great job in the role.
Yeah, I have some issues about him not being enough of a neighborhood Spider-Man, but I think they've captured PETER PARKER absolutely perfectly. I think he's easily the best Peter Parker of the 3.

Isn’t the Acolyte also set outside the usual time frame? Thought I read it’s possible after the sequels.
The Acolyte was actually the show I was referring to. Is that not the High Republic show set from a Sith point of view?

The Acolyte was actually the show I was referring to. Is that not the High Republic show set from a Sith point of view?

It is. I got it confused with the Rangers show. For some reason I keep reading that title as Old Republic not New Republic.

Leslye Headland, Emmy Award-nominated creator of the mind-bending series Russian Doll, brings a new Star Wars series to Disney+ with The Acolyte. The Acolyte is a mystery-thriller that will take the audience into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark side powers in the final days of the High Republic era.

Definitely nearing the end of the High Republic era, meaning things are going to build up over the course of current and upcoming High Republic material to Acolyte.

It is. I got it confused with the Rangers show. For some reason I keep reading that title as Old Republic not New Republic.
Rangers is set during the same time period as The Mandalorian, and as I said in the thread for the show, I think it's going to be a Cara Dune show sort of. It could allow her to leave The Mandalorian and have her own show set during the same time period.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Vader and Obi Wan...can't fight

Dave would not allow something that would hurt the OG movies that bad...it makes ZERO sense. Hopefully if they do fight its in a flash back or Obi Wan is connecting to the force but they can not meet before a new hope...it makes no sense and would cheapen that movie.

Vader and Obi Wan...can't fight

Dave would not allow something that would hurt the OG movies that bad...it makes ZERO sense. Hopefully if they do fight its in a flash back or Obi Wan is connecting to the force but they can not meet before a new hope...it makes no sense and would cheapen that movie.
As I said above, the rumor is flashbacks.

Honestly the biggest takeaway from today comes down from their strengthening ESPN+ and the push for international markets for having adult content embedded within the service, or as standalone.

Once Comcast is removed from the board, the writing is completely on the wall for Hulu and Disney+ to merge. It's just more of a waiting game at this point.

Honestly the biggest takeaway from today comes down from their strengthening ESPN+ and the push for international markets for having adult content embedded within the service, or as standalone.

Once Comcast is removed from the board, the writing is completely on the wall for Hulu and Disney+ to merge. It's just more of a waiting game at this point.
And I think once that merger happens, Hulu will be rebranded as Star.

Honestly, you know the day is crazy when nobody even remembers that It's Always Sunny got renewed for FOUR more seasons.

Acolyte is set during the end of the High Republic I believe, around 100 years before Episode 4. Which means Darth Plagueis or Palpatine could be fair game...

I hope that's not the direction they've chosen.