Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On the new official website, the description for MK says "Aim for the finish line with Mario and Peach".... Interesting they didn't just write "Team Mario".. maybe this is an indication that Mario and Peach will be fully realized while the others show up as screen components?

Disagree highly. Outside the Potter rides and Rise, it’s my favorite ride to open at Disney or Uni the past decade

It’s also not “cheap” or “thrown together” as the poster said all of Uni’s rides has been the past decade, which is a ridiculous statement

Josh’s point remains, however. This was supposed to be a departure from screenz. I don’t expect a completely screenz free ride but I do expect predominantly practical sets and effects.

Josh’s point remains, however. This was supposed to be a departure from screenz. I don’t expect a completely screenz free ride but I do expect predominantly practical sets and effects.
Supposed to be according to who? Online sources or official company spokespeople?

How many times do people have to put 100% faith in what someone posts online just to end up disappointed? @Alicia has a great track record, and I don’t want to come off as saying she doesn’t know her stuff, but people Tend to latch onto the parts they want to hear more than the overall picture.

it’s always been clear most of the “action” would happen on the AR goggles. It’s the only way to realistically show you throwing shells and hitting opponents. I still trust that most of the environments will be physical. And I still think there will be a few figures in there too. But a few scenes that have primarily screens isn’t gonna bother me if the ride blows me away with tech.

Supposed to be according to who? Online sources or official company spokespeople?

How many times do people have to put 100% faith in what someone posts online just to end up disappointed? @Alicia has a great track record, and I don’t want to come off as saying she doesn’t know her stuff, but people Tend to latch onto the parts they want to hear more than the overall picture.

it’s always been clear most of the “action” would happen on the AR goggles. It’s the only way to realistically show you throwing shells and hitting opponents. I still trust that most of the environments will be physical. And I still think there will be a few figures in there too. But a few scenes that have primarily screens isn’t gonna bother me if the ride blows me away with tech.
Idk why any conclusions are being made period cause WE HAVENT SEEN THE RIDDEEEEE.

Everything sounds like what I was expecting so far and we still barely have a clue.

People here live to be disappointed and complain about screens
I don’t get it, almost every top theme park ride includes a screen and I’m sorry everyone but if we want Rainbow Road, space isn’t real. Sometnjng needs to be done lol. I’m not worried one bit, just wanna see the damn thing

Reactions: Frogki
Thinking about MIB and how it’s ~95% practical, is part of why I want mostly practical. I want them to move back to when they had variety in their attractions, and having so many things in the past decade be simulators enforces the need for more practical rides, especially when you think of how Universal used to make them that way.

Reactions: belloq87
So, changing subject a bit.
Looking at the newly launched website, is seems that the speculations and rumors were wrong on something : it seems like there is no gift shop at the exit of the Yoshi ride but it is in fact a walk-up Quick service window called Yoshi's Snack Island.
While its not a massive element of the land, I find it crazy that up till now we still had never heard about this Snack shop ! Also, we haven't seen any elements of it, I hope it will look nice.
Additionally, it will at least add something more to do in the dead-end leading to the expansion pad...

Looking at the newly launched website, is seems that the speculations and rumors were wrong on something : it seems like there is no gift shop at the exit of the Yoshi ride but it is in fact a walk-up Quick service window called Yoshi's Snack Island.
While its not a massive element of the land, I find it crazy that up till now we still had never heard about this Snack shop ! Also, we haven't seen any elements of it, I hope it will look nice.
Additionally, it will at least add something more to do in the dead-end leading to the expansion pad...
It's a window on the left wall if looking directly at DK entry portal. It uses the Yoshi's Island font and sells cookies and yogurt smoothies. I talked about it on an upcoming SharkStop but it hasn't gone up yet. I'm glad we at least got some photos of the drinks because they're so cute.

The cookies come in Yoshi wrappers too. We were discussing how amazing it is that each quick service has its own branded packaging. They could've easily used the same SNW branded cups and wrappers in all three locations (Cafe, Popcorn, and Yoshi,) and yet they went that extra mile and branded for each!

I really want that Koopa Calzone