Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disagree highly. Outside the Potter rides and Rise, it’s my favorite ride to open at Disney or Uni the past decade

It’s also not “cheap” or “thrown together” as the poster said all of Uni’s rides has been the past decade, which is a ridiculous statement
It’s not cheap, I know. I just don’t personally think it’s much to write home about.

Off the top of my head, I enjoy FJ, Hagrid, Spidey, and Hulk all more than Kong and that’s just IOA. Velocicoaster is very likely soon to join that list.

Reactions: Frogki
It’s not cheap, I know. I just don’t personally think it’s much to write home about.

Off the top of my head, I enjoy FJ, Hagrid, Spidey, and Hulk all more than Kong and that’s just IOA. Velocicoaster is very likely soon to join that list.
I mean, I wouldn’t really calmly Spidey or Hulk “new”

Love the Bands....really wish Koopa had one day one...but sure they want me to have to buy a basic character day one and get a more "unique" character like Walugi or Koopa years later.

I mean, I wouldn’t really calmly Spidey or Hulk “new”
I wasn’t saying they were new.

If you would like to know my top rides of 2010-2020 though, it’s RotR, Hagrid, FJ, FoP, Gringotts, MMRR, Mako, SDMT, Transformers, Kong, LM, F&F

I don't know why Universal needs to control the narrative to please a bunch of idiots who are going to cry "CHEAP! SCREENZ" no matter what they see. People were complaining about the animatronics on Hagrids.
They don't

The line for JW was VERY long its first summer at USH....the ride is cool but some parts were not even ready yet and some area's were much worst....but people don't care. Normal people still wait 90 mins in the summer for the Mummy.

This land looks fantastic and while some might not like how everything is....kids and families are going to love it. Every Person I tell about Nintendoland has questions and are excited.

If MK is mostly screens....to me it makes sense its a fast paced video game. I'm not sure how you would bring the 7+ different kinda tracks to life and make it feel both fast and real...it would be really dam hard and people love the Potter rides which also use screens...so I agree Universal has nothing to worry about from what I've seen this is going to be such a money maker.

Reactions: NocturneFexy
Here's a story with screenshots from the app, including more details on the stamps and how to earn them

Screenshot_20210104-173041_USJ.jpg

It's a giant shame that the first image we see from the actual Mario Kart Ride is of a nasty looking screen. I was under the impression this ride was going to have tons of real sets and special effects and a bunch of animatronics. I know that one single image doesn't mean that stuff isn't there - but man Universal needs to control the narrative a bit here and just post an image or video of a section of the ride to show that it isn't a bunch of boring screens. I'm also not a fan of some scenes being mostly screens and others not. That kind of effect really takes you out of the moment as it's such a harsh contrast and makes the ride seems so disconnected and not believable. Humans aren't dumb, we can tell when something is real and when something is just a flat screens playing a movie...

Kong at Islands is a good example of why tacking on physical scenes to simulated screen rides doesn't work.

Dude, you came on here to troll Kong then posted your own video for clicks with the title like "AMAZING KONG RIDE".

Go away.

Disagree highly. Outside the Potter rides and Rise, it’s my favorite ride to open at Disney or Uni the past decade

It’s also not “cheap” or “thrown together” as the poster said all of Uni’s rides has been the past decade, which is a ridiculous statement
People can sometimes equate cheap and thrown together with things they don't like

For example, the ingredients for Blue Milk are so cheap and thrown together

I see this is becoming a discussion on Twitter, but rather than tweeting about it and opening that can of worms on my feed, I thought I'd speak my peace here.

Putting aside whether or not sharing spoilers for attractions or a theme park land that is only in previews is moral, I wanted to address this strange legal question that has arisen.

The way I look at it, guests and passholders that were invited to the Super Nintendo World previews had to agree to not share photos or videos on social media before the land officially opens on February 4th. This information is posted on the registration site AND again on signage as you enter the land. Anyone that disobeys this rule is subject to having their annual pass revoked, or other measures that the park can take legally, including trespassing you from the park. The reaction may be severe, but considering these guests agreed to the rule prior to entering the preview, they are in fact breaking a rule set by the park by sharing photos online.

You know who didn't agree to this rule, legally speaking? Anyone that has not physically attended the preview in Universal Studios Japan. If you were to share a selfie from someone else's Instagram feed on one of your own channels, legally speaking, it would be up to the owner of that photograph to take legal action, (whether by DMCA or other regionally similar means,) to have it removed from your account.

Some may argue that art within photographs is also protected by copyright laws and could be asked to be removed by the artist, but that's when we start to get into a legal gray area, and may come down to the intent of the original photographer. (Taking photos while on vacation vs taking photos to sell in place of art, etc, but I digress.)

Should Universal Studios Japan have legal authority to police the sharing of photographs taken at a vacation destination, or should that right be held by the photographer?

Regardless, if you attended the preview, and you share photos before the grand opening, you can certainly be punished by the park, and I would highly suggest saving those posts until the 4th. But if you haven't attended yourself.... this is weeeird.

If somebody recorded a movie in a theatre and you help share it online, I think you're liable.

Speaking of, why is it that spoilers are so frowned upon in the movie world but welcomed so openly in the theme park world?

If somebody recorded a movie in a theatre and you help share it online, I think you're liable.

Speaking of, why is it that spoilers are so frowned upon in the movie world but welcomed so openly in the theme park world?
Any psychopath that watches a movie recorded on a camcorder can have it...I'd like to keep them as occupied as possible

The 3D site we got some leaked video of last year is live for real now. Lots of fun stuff to find on it!

224A3EBB-26E2-441E-85A4-F8190D36BEAF.jpeg

Aaaah, I want a calzone and a pizza bowl with a mango lassi... but then I'd probably go into a food coma mid-Mario Kart ride. I wonder what sort of offerings they'll have in the stateside version.

There are more senses involved in experiencing a theme park land or attraction that are just as important as sight; I could see a video of Rise of the Resistance but it's not until you're actually in the room with the AT-AT's that you can really appreciate it, I feel.

There are more senses involved in experiencing a theme park land or attraction that are just as important as sight; I could see a video of Rise of the Resistance but it's not until you're actually in the room with the AT-AT's that you can really appreciate it, I feel.
I agree, Rides aren't known for deep or surprising stories. You go through a swamp, then down into caves, see a big ship battle, the Pirates have taken over the town, there is a fire and the drunk pirates shoot at each other.
Vs Even the first Pirates film which has so many fun twists and turns...why ruin that for someone who has never seen it.

Unless you have never played Mario Kart...I think most can guess what the ride is going to be like not much to spoil besides how much of it is physical vs screens...I guess and which characters do and don't appear.

Reactions: Frogki