Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

If it were a rights issue, wouldn't they need to cut all skits out with that actor too?

I believe many those are the syndicated versions that have been cut for time to fit within an hour block of television (with commercials). They usually edit out lesser skits, or time-sensitive stuff that might not make sense anymore. Often, even the ones with monologues you'll notice are cut dramatically so just a minute or less. Weekend Update is usually cut in half as well in these versions.

I used to watch reruns on Comedy Central in the 90s that were the syndicated versions. They also play one right before the live ones on NBC still I believe, no?

That explains many of them anyway, but it doesnt explain why some episodes are as short as 15 mins on Peacock. NBC really needs to get their stuff together lol.
No, these are not the ones that were cut for Comedy Central and some of these cuts are DEEP. I have a few VHS tapes I recorded from the Comedy Central days and the cut skits/bits/monologues/etc do not match up.

There are also, as you mentioned, a few episodes under 20 minutes

My guess is that the guests contribute to the monologue, so having it involved in the process would require getting their approval. Why other skits are cut, I am not sure as many of the skits I know were cut had no topical humor (a Mr. Peepers skit being one casualty from the Grammar episode specifically as well as a noir skit where he ruminates on a burrito)

It's weird to say the least, and I don't understand the reasoning, but it seems the monologues are cut.

For what it is worth, so are all the musical performances.

Me: "I'll have a 24oz.

B97q7JYCYAA38Qu.jpg
".

Comedy Club seems very 90s to me

However, an SNL inspired bar sounds very interesting

Basically a bar in the Jimmy Fallon queue, but make it SNL lol

Maybe have a stage and bring in some local comedy acts.......er...um...on second thought...maybe just the musion thing

Comedy Club seems very 90s to me

Maybe once a year I find myself at one here in Mouse Town, and they always fill up. Granted you're a sucker if you actually bought a ticket, but a lot of tourists are starved for evening entertainment and it sounds like something novel they wouldn't do back home. Call it the "Dinner Theater Effect."

However, an SNL inspired bar sounds very interesting

Basically a bar in the Jimmy Fallon queue, but make it SNL lol

Yeah, I think it would be more character-display based than featuring past "real" comedians. Lot of Conehead props, Will Ferril's cheerleader costume ... Planet Hollywood as a bar.

Tho I was told RCC would become "more of a lounge" back in September, but no mention was made of SNL or any specific theme. This is still a ScreamScape story.

Tho I was told RCC would become "more of a lounge" back in September, but no mention was made of SNL or any specific theme. This is still a ScreamScape story.
I think that's just because they stopped having live bands and dancing, so there was nothing to do at Red Coconut Club than sit and have a drink. I assumed it was a covid change more than anything?

I think that's just because they stopped having live bands and dancing, so there was nothing to do at Red Coconut Club than sit and have a drink. I assumed it was a covid change more than anything?

Sorry, it was in the context of "Groove isn't reopening and they're doing something to RCC, making it more of a lounge" (me paraphrasing). It may still have been closed at the time. Was second-hand from a ground-level source, and didn't really include much info, so I kind of ignored it at the time time, until King Bob's post.

Sorry, it was in the context of "Groove isn't reopening and they're doing something to RCC, making it more of a lounge" (me paraphrasing). It may still have been closed at the time. Was second-hand from a ground-level source, and didn't really include much info, so I kind of ignored it at the time time, until King Bob's post.
I think it (briefly?) reopened as lounge-only since then, but I believe it's closed again now. But yes, I can totally see it get rethemed to lounge space only, and a loosely SNL themed lounge makes way more sense than an actual comedy club.

The Groove has already been "stripped for parts" as far as I know, so I'm guessing that would be for the other project.

I could actually see an SNL Lounge being more like Trader Sam's than anything. Sure, have some clips play on screens,, but the attractive part about the lounge would be the interactivity with the bartenders and such. For example, anytime some orders the $25 "More Cowbell" drink, the whole bar goes nuts with cowbells, the sketch plays, etc. The same thing with specialty drinks named after other famous sketches.

Bass-o-matic drink or we riot.

Considering the creative menus that Universal is capable of rolling out plus the surprisingly great entertainment they've been providing

I can't see why this wouldn't easily be a great fit for them

Just please, for the love of gawd, add in some more diverse food at Citywalk SOMEWHERE