Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any theories on the number 32? It’s the total teeth number in a human mouth, but those make me think of sharks, and everyone in the HHN community mentioned Jaws as an IP for a potential house. There were a lot of references to the movie in Dead Man’s Pier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Does anyone have any theories on the number 32? It’s the total teeth number in a human mouth, but those make me think of sharks, and everyone in the HHN community mentioned Jaws as an IP for potential house. There were a lot of references to the movie in Dead Man’s Pier.

A Jaws house sounds ridiculously expensive to me, and I don’t know they could pull off those Bruce jump scares either.

Does anyone have any theories on the number 32? It’s the total teeth number in a human mouth, but those make me think of sharks, and everyone in the HHN community mentioned Jaws as an IP for potential house. There were a lot of references to the movie in Dead Man’s Pier.
I'd love to see a Jaws house, but I don't think it'll happen next year. Just as pumpkinbot343 mentioned, it would probably be crazy expensive and ridiculously hard to translate into a haunted house experience.

Reactions: Fear2010
Chucky vs the Wolfman house?

He previously stated that he’d love to see Chucky crossover with fellow horror loudmouth, Freddy Krueger. However, now that his franchise is a success under the NBCUniversal banner, a whole new crop of movie monsters is available to Mancini. In his interview, he revealed he’s been in discussions to have Chucky cross paths with someone (or something) from that monster library.

“There are other Universal-owned monsters that theoretically could be at our disposal. So, it's something that we do talk about. I'll put it that way ... I won't say too much about it, but stay tuned. It's definitely an interest of mine, as well,” Mancini confirmed.

I actually see NOES as my possible IP wildcard. Most will say Chucky is the Slasher representative for next year, but It’s based on a TV series which is what It will also represent as an alternative to Stranger Things (and other Netflix shows). I think you could do two slasher-themed houses IP wise if it’s a slightly different bill, and Elm Street never had Its own show on television.

I actually see NOES as my possible IP wildcard. Most will say Chucky is the Slasher representative for next year, but It’s based on a TV series which is what It will also represent as an alternative to Stranger Things (and other Netflix shows). I think you could do two slasher-themed houses IP wise if it’s a slightly different bill, and Elm Street never had Its own show on television.
Well with the new CEO of Warner Bros I don’t think that’s a possibility, because Evil Dead Rise got pulled. Lots of weird stuff going on.

Well with the new CEO of Warner Bros I don’t think that’s a possibility, because Evil Dead Rise got pulled. Lots of weird stuff going on.

There’s a rumor floating around about Comcast merging with WB as their response to the Disney-Fox Entertainment Division buyout, so I wouldn’t rule out some film-related IP’s outside of Universal.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
There’s a rumor floating around about Comcast merging with WB as their response to the Disney-Fox Entertainment Division buyout, so I wouldn’t rule out some film-related IP’s outside of Universal.

That can't happen until at least 2024, and either way I highly doubt the DOJ lets a full merger happen given that they just blocked Penguin + Simon & Schuster (it could happen piecemeal though, I think there's actually a decent chance Comcast buys a *part* of WBD within the next five years).

I think the main thing to keep in mind though is that according to most folks, the reason Evil Dead Rise didn't come to HHN this year wasn't that WBD didn't want to work with Uni, but rather that they didn't know what to do with the movie (it was originally an HBO Max original but they decided to backtrack from that strategy). So I wouldn't take the IP being yanked that year as a sign that they're pulling back from partnerships with Uni.

I would love to see NOES. With them doing classic slashers the last 2 years, I could see them trying for it. (Scream... if only)

Reactions: Fear2010
I would love to see NOES. With them doing classic slashers the last 2 years, I could see them trying for it. (Scream... if only)

They could even give Elm Street a similar treatment to Halloween (except Season of the Witch cause that should be its own thing without the Halloween name) for a two or three year gap by following the series chronically. I do see that kind of potential to explore around the franchise other than throwing in the most iconic parts.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
there actually was a freddy tv show iirc

They are really, really hyping up the release of The Last of Us on HBO. Man I want that to come so bad lol
I'm pretty confident in it showing up next year.

Universal and HBO have somewhat started building a relationship because of Rise. HBO also kind of owes Universal one because Evil Dead Rise is being distributed as a theater release (instead of an HBO Max exclusive) from WB, which ultimately caused Universal to drop the IP.
That can't happen until at least 2024, and either way I highly doubt the DOJ lets a full merger happen given that they just blocked Penguin + Simon & Schuster (it could happen piecemeal though, I think there's actually a decent chance Comcast buys a *part* of WBD within the next five years).

I think the main thing to keep in mind though is that according to most folks, the reason Evil Dead Rise didn't come to HHN this year wasn't that WBD didn't want to work with Uni, but rather that they didn't know what to do with the movie (it was originally an HBO Max original but they decided to backtrack from that strategy). So I wouldn't take the IP being yanked that year as a sign that they're pulling back from partnerships with Uni.
Yeah, WB not wanting to work with them wasn't the reason Universal dropped Rise. WB just wanted to push Rise as a theatrical release.

I can't believe this hasn't even been discussed yet. New F13 movie set to come out next year.

I guess y'all were too busy speculating on the Grinch and Cocaine Bear to notice actual legit speculation. lol But seriously if they do Jason, you think they'll try Freddy as well? They've never featured Jason without Freddy before at both Hollywood and Orlando. They go together like salt and pepper.

EDIT TO ADD: Chucky, Jason, and Freddy would be a marketing goldmine of a trio right there. Add Ghostface and you got yourself a lot of sold out nights right there

I can't believe this hasn't even been discussed yet. New F13 movie set to come out next year.

I guess y'all were too busy speculating on the Grinch and Cocaine Bear to notice actual legit speculation. lol But seriously if they do Jason, you think they'll try Freddy as well? They've never featured Jason without Freddy before at both Hollywood and Orlando. They go together like salt and pepper.

EDIT TO ADD: Chucky, Jason, and Freddy would be a marketing goldmine of a trio right there. Add Ghostface and you got yourself a lot of sold out nights right there
As a major fan of not just those franchises but of HHN 17 thanks to it featuring the slashers, I'd love nothing more than for another year of like 3 major slasher houses. 17 was Jason, Freddy, and Leatherface. I think it's time for Chucky, Freddy, and Jason.

Would love Harry Warden as well but that's probably a pipe dream.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I thought you were talking about Fast and the Furious 13 for a loong second there lol. But yes good point, that'd make a lot of sense for the event. Though I guess we also have to wait and see when in 2023 it's coming out

Wow, so we have a prequel series (Crystal Lake) and a brand-new film coming. The future looks bright for Jason. :freak:

Friday the 13th could come to HHN, but I would lean towards them adapting Crystal Lake into a haunted house. Could be a weird mix of the prequel series and some of the films from the franchise. But if I'm gonna honest, that idea could be a mess when it comes to film rights. As far as I know, the rights issue with the original film has been resolved, but I could still see there being problems for Universal.

WB has started to become a little more HHN-friendly, but I don't know if Freddy would be obtainable. Parque Warner has had a NoES house for a few years and I'm assuming they're not gonna stop using Freddy for quite some time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.