State of USH - What's Next? | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seems like the hardcore fans generally want quick turnover of attractions, constant ride closings, and expansions. Nice for fantasy thoughts, but those aren't practical business decisions.
Theme parks are never going to meet all of those lofty fan wants and expectations.

I always have a good laugh reading theme park PR releases whenever they mention a new attraction has the ability to be updated easily.

So far, still waiting on Toy Story Mania, Fallon, Smugglers Run to be updated.

I always have a good laugh reading theme park PR releases whenever they mention a new attraction has the ability to be updated easily.

So far, still waiting on Toy Story Mania, Fallon, Smugglers Run to be updated.
Toy Story Mania was updated with the Dino game replacing one of the original games to tie into Toy Story 3, wasn’t it?

I have to ask, weren't we sold on the DWT because it could change so easily?

Even if its not always dreamworks related, I'd just like to see the theater used for more

Have a HHN show like Chucky in the theater, or even bring back Shrek for AP events.

Or make something for it at nighttime on nights when no one is in it, I feel like people would love a Making of Puss in Boots 2 in the theater. Just my two cents but compared to other things, it feels like the cheapest attraction you can just do things with

referring back to the press release, not really! and frankly, that's just not the way this works. parks unveil new attractions without self justifying them to hardcore fans. again, shrek lasted more than a decade. it's a bit silly to expect universal to make another major reinvestment just five years later.

referring back to the press release, not really! and frankly, that's just not the way this works. parks unveil new attractions without self justifying them to hardcore fans. again, shrek lasted more than a decade. it's a bit silly to expect universal to make another major reinvestment just five years later.
Fair on them not announcing it

But times change, Shrek was insane and still to this day has super fans. I love Panda but its just not at the level of hype of Shrek. I just hope they use it for other things at points, Its a theater and just would like to see it used more then to show one show. And even if its not on normal days at events/HHN would be nice to see it used more even

Now knowing it’s operating, this park can’t lose capacity for quite some time if they can help it. They just closed 2 theatres so I’d say keep this thing for another decade. KFP is going to get some rep in Orlando too so I think that it’s good to have in both parks.

Also KFP has a new film next year, it’s still relevant.

Speaking of minions, that ride would really benefit from 180 degree projections like DWT. Took away the actual good part of the ride which was the 3d but didn’t enhance anything else.
If an when DE4 comes out, It would be nice to see the ride redone. If they want to keep it a simulator then cool but the outside Q could use some more stuff, video's can be updated and like you said the screen on the ride could be plused

I hope one day that ride gets more love

Also a ride I doubt will ever do this but if they can then cool, I'd love to see SLOP have a Christmas/holiday version
Just having some lights up in the first area/loading, and what not would be cute, not "needed" but would not mind seeing it as the ride that gets small overlays for the holidays

I said it before, but I can feel it in my gut that this’ll get a new experience when Shrek 5 happens. Nostalgia for and desire to see Shrek return is gonna guarantee Shrek 5 makes bank, and it’s pretty obvious that’s where they’re headed with the ending of Last Wish even outside of all the real-world teases the people involved have droppedbringing a new Shrexperience to the DWT feels like a no-brainer at this point, IMO, and like others pointed out, it can be produced alongside the film itself.

In the same article where Robert Niles reported on the new lands at USH, he mentioned he thinks that the Fast and Furious Coaster will take over just SES and the AA plot will get Bourne as at this point in time that is the only place it could go at USH. Maybe F&F opens in 2024 and Bourne opens in 2025?

In the same article where Robert Niles reported on the new lands at USH, he mentioned he thinks that the Fast and Furious Coaster will take over just SES and the AA plot will get Bourne as at this point in time that is the only place it could go at USH. Maybe F&F opens in 2024 and Bourne opens in 2025?
I figured this would be the case. That sounds about right. I personally think it would be a huge waste of space to devote that entire plot where SES and AA are for just the station and queue for F&F when they could comfortably fit that just in SES and Bourne can fit just right in AA.

That wont be happening.
Personally I think that’s a dumb move. You can comfortably fit everything needed for the coaster just where SES is and cram Bourne into the AA plot. With the park that doesn’t necessarily have the blessing of space, you think they would maximize what they have.

But hey, what do I know? I’m just some random guy on the internet. I’m not paid to plan these rides out. As long as we get both, I’m happy.

We need queue space for the coaster. The VQ system for pets can be frustrating, especially when the ride is dead and they won’t open the standby.

We need queue space for the coaster. The VQ system for pets can be frustrating, especially when the ride is dead and they won’t open the standby.
I mean if they really want to do it they can do a two story building for the Coaster Q and then do a virtual Q

Personally I think that’s a dumb move. You can comfortably fit everything needed for the coaster just where SES is and cram Bourne into the AA plot. With the park that doesn’t necessarily have the blessing of space, you think they would maximize what they have.

But hey, what do I know? I’m just some random guy on the internet. I’m not paid to plan these rides out. As long as we get both, I’m happy.
We will get both, but no, this would not be a very comfortable fit.