Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
does it also apply if I buy a ticket from a 3rd party like undercover tourist?
Yes it does. Your HHN ticket and your Scream Early ticket aren't really connected in any way, I believe. So you can buy tickets from a third party and then buy Scream Early directly from Universal. Third parties do not offer those ones, just event tickets

Yes it does. Your HHN ticket and your Scream Early ticket aren't really connected in any way, I believe. So you can buy tickets from a third party and then buy Scream Early directly from Universal. Third parties do not offer those ones, just event tickets
Thanks a bunch!

I’m planning to attend on opening weekend Sunday. Since it’s my first time, I was wondering if lines are usually long and if it’s feasible to do every maze in one day without any express. I will mention I am a HHN Hollywood local.

I’m planning to attend on opening weekend Sunday. Since it’s my first time, I was wondering if lines are usually long and if it’s feasible to do every maze in one day without any express. I will mention I am a HHN Hollywood local.
If last year is any indicator, it could be tough without utilizing Stay and Scream.

And even then, Sunday is usually a busy day AND there’s not going to be a clear picture on which houses are the fan favorites, so it will be hard to know what to prioritize.

Opening Week has unfortunately become the new hell week. If you only have one night at the event, I definitely recommend it so that you may actually enjoy the event versus rushing house to house and not enjoying yourself.

I will say... even with the express, it might be difficult since they always run into express issues the first week.

So in summary... no idea. You may get lucky and it rains pushing people away from the event.

I would suggest mid September, I’ll probably be attending the 17th. Opening week after Covid has become extremely busy, I would suggest a rush of fear ticket for multiple nights at a decent price.

I’m just thinking that (at least in Hollywood), if you’re one of the first to enter, you can do 2-3 mazes with minimal wait. Then, the lines get long and you have to grind it out. Additionally, someone in my group uses a wheelchair so we are allowed to get call-back times instead of waiting in lines (if that would help). I’m just trying to see if it could work without express because if anything, express can be an option too.

I’m just thinking that (at least in Hollywood), if you’re one of the first to enter, you can do 2-3 mazes with minimal wait. Then, the lines get long and you have to grind it out. Additionally, someone in my group uses a wheelchair so we are allowed to get call-back times instead of waiting in lines (if that would help). I’m just trying to see if it could work without express because if anything, express can be an option too.
As someone who lives in California and travels to Orlando every year, I will say that if you utilize Stay and Scream, you can get a good chunk done quickly with a good game plan.

Since we don’t know what house is where yet, it is currently hard to plan.

You may not have any time to appreciate the zones, though, so just be warned.

My first year I only attended one night with express.

Year two I went two.

Now we often spend four or five nights at the event to really take it all in.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Unfortunately, stay and scream isn’t an option for us. I was mainly wondering whether the house lines during the first hour as the event starts and during the last hour before it ends are not that long during opening weekend (I consider anything under 30 minutes short).

Unfortunately, stay and scream isn’t an option for us. I was mainly wondering whether the house lines during the first hour as the event starts and during the last hour before it ends are not that long during opening weekend (I consider anything under 30 minutes short).
Whatever the biggest IP(s) is/are will have a long line right from the get-go because of Stay and Scream. Usually by the time the gates open, the waits will be 45+ minutes.

The lesser houses you should be able to roll into faster, but not all the houses open up until 6:30pm (just like Hollywood).

If you are at the gates early, you MIGHT do okay.

I realize I don’t know your schedule, but they usually sell early entry passes for $30-ish which is a heck of a lot cheaper than Express and gives you access to the Stay and Scream zones.

Though, honestly, for peace of mind, Express is your best option.

Last edited:
Whatever the biggest IP(s) is/are will have a long line right from the get-go because of Stay and Scream. Usually by the time the gates open, the waits will be 45+ minutes.

The lesser houses you should be able to roll into faster, but not all the houses open up until 6:30pm (just like Hollywood).

If you are at the gates early, you MIGHT do okay.

I realize I don’t know your schedule, but they usually sell early entry passes for $30-ish which is a heck of a lot cheaper than Express and gives you access to the Stay and Scream zones.

Though, honestly, for peace of mind, Express is your best option.
All this time, I thought Stay and Scream was a “season pass” based on its name. Would you mind explaining how early entry and Stay and Scream work?

All this time, I thought Stay and Scream was a “season pass” based on its name. Would you mind explaining how early entry and Stay and Scream work?

“Scream Early” (about $30) will get you into the park a couple of hours before the event starts to go on rides. Stay and Scream (free) will let anyone with an HHN ticket already inside the park to wait in a holding area. There are multiple areas where you can Stay and Scream (New York, Central Park, Springfield, etc.) that will allow you to get a head start on queuing for the houses (some of which will even open early). You can not participate in Stay and Scream if you are not within USF before it closes and must wait outside the gates for the proper event to begin.

“Scream Early” (about $30) will get you into the park a couple of hours before the event starts to go on rides. Stay and Scream (free) will let anyone with an HHN ticket already inside the park to wait in a holding area. There are multiple areas where you can Stay and Scream (New York, Central Park, Springfield, etc.) that will allow you to get a head start on queuing for the houses (some of which will even open early). You can not participate in Stay and Scream if you are not within USF before it closes and must wait outside the gates for the proper event to begin.
On the opening week Sunday that I’m planning to attend, I am spending the first part of the day at Islands of Adventure. So I’m not sure when that park is going to close, but I guess we can utilize Stay and Scream for hhn.

So Stay and Scream is essentially early entry for HHN. It is available to anyone who has both a valid park ticket for USF (as they need to be in the park itself before it closes at 5pm.), and a valid HHN ticket for that night.

How it works is very simple, you first enter USF, and around 4pm the various Stay and Scream holding pens will open, you present your valid HHN ticket to enter them. You have to be in one of them before the park closes at 5pm.

Inside the Stay and Scream holding pens, you'll have access to whatever food is available inside them, and some of them such as the New York area will have their specialty food booths open. Also, the holding pens offer one or two houses for you to queue for. New York offers two sound stage houses, San Fran/Richters offers the house in Fast and Furious, Springfield usually offers both Parade Warehouses (however that might change due to the portals/queues moving around due to KZ construction.).

Around 5:45pm give or take, it depends how fast they're able to get everything ready, they'll start letting folks into the queue for the houses and into them. Depending on the lines and such, you can get in one or two houses before everything opens up at 6pm. (Keep in mind, they'll hold you in your respective area until 6pm. So you can only do the houses that are open in that area.)

Stay and Scream can be a great way to take care of one of the really big IP's early on (even moreso if the event ends up having multiple big IP's. If there's just one, you can probably save that for last. But if there's several, hitting one in Stay and Scream could be vital.), and it gives you a great head-start on hitting up the houses in the back of the park before they start getting busy.

On the opening week Sunday that I’m planning to attend, I am spending the first part of the day at Islands of Adventure. So I’m not sure when that park is going to close, but I guess we can utilize Stay and Scream for hhn.
We often do this and try to make sure we are in the Studios park around 3pm or so.

Depending upon how they work this year, the Stay and Scream areas open somewhere between 4-5pm.

At that point it just becomes a matter of learning which houses are supposed to open at which times in these areas. Last year, Halloween OFTEN opened at 5:30 while other houses around it opened at 5:45 or later.

Check out the heat map from last year's first Sunday: Halloween Horror Nights Wait Time Data 2022 - Thrill-Data

It goes to 50+ minute waits almost across the board by 7:00. With walking between, drink and bathroom breaks, etc., call it an hour per house--10 houses in only 8 hours. I guess if you could do 2 the first hour (Stay & Scream a necessity for this) and waited to do 2 after 1:00, could theoretically be done. But you're going to miss the shows, not get much time in the zones, not have time to line up for any specialty foods or browse the store. Also, if the rumors pan out, I expect even longer lines than shown for ST and probably even TLoU.

If you can afford Express, an extra night, or Scream Early (in that order), would strongly encourage.

Reactions: Jake S
So Stay and Scream is essentially early entry for HHN. It is available to anyone who has both a valid park ticket for USF (as they need to be in the park itself before it closes at 5pm.), and a valid HHN ticket for that night.

How it works is very simple, you first enter USF, and around 4pm the various Stay and Scream holding pens will open, you present your valid HHN ticket to enter them. You have to be in one of them before the park closes at 5pm.

Inside the Stay and Scream holding pens, you'll have access to whatever food is available inside them, and some of them such as the New York area will have their specialty food booths open. Also, the holding pens offer one or two houses for you to queue for. New York offers two sound stage houses, San Fran/Richters offers the house in Fast and Furious, Springfield usually offers both Parade Warehouses (however that might change due to the portals/queues moving around due to KZ construction.).

Around 5:45pm give or take, it depends how fast they're able to get everything ready, they'll start letting folks into the queue for the houses and into them. Depending on the lines and such, you can get in one or two houses before everything opens up at 6pm. (Keep in mind, they'll hold you in your respective area until 6pm. So you can only do the houses that are open in that area.)

Stay and Scream can be a great way to take care of one of the really big IP's early on (even moreso if the event ends up having multiple big IP's. If there's just one, you can probably save that for last. But if there's several, hitting one in Stay and Scream could be vital.), and it gives you a great head-start on hitting up the houses in the back of the park before they start getting busy.
Can I utilize Stay and Scream if I have a 1-day 1-park ticket but choose to attend Islands of Adventure?