The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 849 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think NMU brought up some very valid points, Uni is not perfect and I think we can all agree with that. They have made mistakes that are very evident still today. You can't chalk it up to nothing because they are fixing it in WWOHP clone, it was a mistake and the lockers should not have been placed where they were placed. they should have been placed outside of the line, like all other lockers. You should not be forced to wait behind the person that takes forever to get their stuff into a locker and then be rushed through the parts you would have rather been waiting in. I don't know if they will ever fix it and I am not sure why they didn't keep the bag/no bag line. It makes sense, why should I waste my time at the lockers when I didn't bring any bags, so I could get on to rides faster. It is not a case of not wanting to wait in lines, it is a case of a person making a decision to not carry a bag to get around quicker.

I agree site-lines are :horse: All parks have issues with this, some are just worse than others. And I don't want parks spending X amount of dollars to make it perfect when that money can be put to better use elsewhere.

The Garden queue is the worst part of the queue. When I did the original walk thru (ride wasn't open yet), I thought it was boring and out of place with the rest of the queue. It should have been made to look better and looked to be an afterthought of, "Oh crap, we need a longer line to hold more people". Again, this was a mistake and this one could be fixed in the future, but I don't see it being fixed for several years.

Uni doesn't always try to keep their rides at the best shape, just look at JP. Heck T2 robots half the time do not work. You are correct, no one can keep the rides at 100%, that would be impossible, but if you think Uni is almost perfect and does the best that is possible, you have blinders on.

Dragons queue is WAY different and is a complete shame that they destroyed such an amazing queue to put in place a lame queue. I can't believe anyone can say the queue is only "slightly" different, because it is not. They added some cool elements, but took so much out that was not replaced with something Potter related.

I love both parks equally and I agreed with many points he made. To say he is Disney Bias is unfair to him, just because there was things he did not like. He was playing Devil's advocate, not trying to be a fanboy of one park or the other.

Bingo, the entire system has been tinkered with since opening. Nearly all modifications made to the ride system are so small it would be darn near impossible to notice.

The only time I've almost gotten sick from Forbidden Journey was during softs and shortly after the grand opening when they were still messing with the videos (mostly frame rates). I think they recently did another test with frame rates/the videos, as I was feeling markedly dizzy coming out of the domes not too long ago on a few rides.

I think NMU brought up some very valid points, Uni is not perfect and I think we can all agree with that. They have made mistakes that are very evident still today. You can't chalk it up to nothing because they are fixing it in WWOHP clone, it was a mistake and the lockers should not have been placed where they were placed. they should have been placed outside of the line, like all other lockers. You should not be forced to wait behind the person that takes forever to get their stuff into a locker and then be rushed through the parts you would have rather been waiting in. I don't know if they will ever fix it and I am not sure why they didn't keep the bag/no bag line. It makes sense, why should I waste my time at the lockers when I didn't bring any bags, so I could get on to rides faster. It is not a case of not wanting to wait in lines, it is a case of a person making a decision to not carry a bag to get around quicker.

I agree site-lines are :horse: All parks have issues with this, some are just worse than others. And I don't want parks spending X amount of dollars to make it perfect when that money can be put to better use elsewhere.

The Garden queue is the worst part of the queue. When I did the original walk thru (ride wasn't open yet), I thought it was boring and out of place with the rest of the queue. It should have been made to look better and looked to be an afterthought of, "Oh crap, we need a longer line to hold more people". Again, this was a mistake and this one could be fixed in the future, but I don't see it being fixed for several years.

Uni doesn't always try to keep their rides at the best shape, just look at JP. Heck T2 robots half the time do not work. You are correct, no one can keep the rides at 100%, that would be impossible, but if you think Uni is almost perfect and does the best that is possible, you have blinders on.

Dragons queue is WAY different and is a complete shame that they destroyed such an amazing queue to put in place a lame queue. I can't believe anyone can say the queue is only "slightly" different, because it is not. They added some cool elements, but took so much out that was not replaced with something Potter related.

I love both parks equally and I agreed with many points he made. To say he is Disney Bias is unfair to him, just because there was things he did not like. He was playing Devil's advocate, not trying to be a fanboy of one park or the other.

Lockers were placed at the beginning of the original attraction line. They never expected it to draw so much attention. The line was supposed to START in the dungeons past the lockers.
Why should you get to skip them? They got in line before you. If done right the lockers are not a pit stop. To be honest, they aren't hurting you one bit. There's still going to be x amount of people in the line in front of you. Some of their party is going to go to the lockers just like every other ride and some are going to hold their spot in line in front of you. The only VALID complaint about the lockers is their capacity and the lack of space. The bag/no bag line was killed because it was a ridiculous concept and just made people angry and made the lines more complicated. It also doesn't work during the peak seasons.

You did a garden queue walkthrough before the ride was open? That'd be difficult since the garden queue was added in 2011. Not all queue is supposed to be "interesting." In this case its actually pretty well done with the vegetation and horticulture as opposed to most rides with their stanchions in straight cement. During slow season this queue isn't even used.

Uni doesn't keep EVERY attraction at 100%, the point was the rides like Spider-Man, FJ, DMMM, RotM are kept as close to 100% as possible. At HPFJ effects are usually fixed within the week.

As far as the reprofiling, v3 was entirely different but just felt so lame. Confirmed yesterday that the profiling did return to v2 on time for spring break.

I don't think its the videos and their frame rates being messed with, but sometimes the projectors get fuzzy and go out. I've been there before when they don't load certain benches because they'll go through certain domes that are out on the carousel.

I think that many are just frightened of this kind of coaster, and a Potter fan does not a coaster fan make. Add the fact that there is two of them eating 3000-5000 per hour combined?

There goes Teebs using his brain again :thumbs:

It's because they aren't a draw for the Potter crowd, IMO.

Agreed. I would think when the area is full it stops anyone from getting in there to ride Dragons, To bad they didn't have to suck up DDs to make it seem like there was more to Potter.

They should move DDs over to Toon lagoon (between that and MI) and rebrand it the flying Squirrel or something. :lol:

It's because they aren't a draw for the Potter crowd, IMO.

I think that many are just frightened of this kind of coaster, and a Potter fan does not a coaster fan make. Add the fact that there is two of them eating 3000-5000 per hour combined?

Poor Dragons. I will admit I like them and would miss them if they ever get removed and the only saving grace for me would be knowing that whatever is replacing them will most likely be something pretty ground breaking and detailed. Anyone know if Universal has put considered putting them on the choppin block?

Poor Dragons. I will admit I like them and would miss them if they ever get removed and the only saving grace for me would be knowing that whatever is replacing them will most likely be something pretty ground breaking and detailed. Anyone know if Universal has put considered putting them on the choppin block?

Don't get me wrong, I think the rides are great. But I also think they're placement is wrong as of now.

I doubt Universal ever considered getting rid of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if JKR inquired about it during negotiations.

10 minutes for dragons? Forbidden journey 120?

If it's the same in April, i'll be racking up the air miles on dragons then! I wan't to ride HP, but i'm not queuing that long for it!

Lockers were placed at the beginning of the original attraction line. They never expected it to draw so much attention. The line was supposed to START in the dungeons past the lockers.
Why should you get to skip them? They got in line before you. If done right the lockers are not a pit stop. To be honest, they aren't hurting you one bit. There's still going to be x amount of people in the line in front of you. Some of their party is going to go to the lockers just like every other ride and some are going to hold their spot in line in front of you. The only VALID complaint about the lockers is their capacity and the lack of space. The bag/no bag line was killed because it was a ridiculous concept and just made people angry and made the lines more complicated. It also doesn't work during the peak seasons.

You did a garden queue walkthrough before the ride was open? That'd be difficult since the garden queue was added in 2011. Not all queue is supposed to be "interesting." In this case its actually pretty well done with the vegetation and horticulture as opposed to most rides with their stanchions in straight cement. During slow season this queue isn't even used.

OK, I think I was thinking of the greenhouse. I don't think I have ever been in the Garden queue then.

I still think lockers should be separate from the ride. They are for Hulk, Mummy, MIB, etc. I have never seen one person go into the queue and hold a place when I have been on those rides either. When I was with family with bags we all went over, they put their stuff in, and then we got into line. I really don't understand why this process means people cutting in front of others as you say. It makes for a much less confusing process. No one is saying waiting in line is the problem, what he said, is the line moved much slower before the lockers when you were not in the castle and when you got past the lockers the line moved much faster not allowing you to see the inside castle part as much. I think if the lockers were separated you would be going at a middle of the road pace for the whole line, which would allow people to enjoy the line more.

The reason why Dragon is scared for life is because of stupid people being stupid when their not supposed to. There are signs for a reason. And who's idea was for the entrance to be non-existant?

Yeah, the entrance is non-existent, there are many reasons the line is short for this ride.

1. Size of entrance (kinda small and hidden)

2. Capacity - It is a people eater

3. Location, when WWOHP closes down, they should find a way to allow people to ride dragons. I think people avoid WWOHP during certain periods of the day because of the crowds which means they are also avoiding a great roller coaster.

4. Some of the younger WWOHP fans may not want to go on this intense of a roller coaster and they are more interested in the stores and castle

I am hoping Phase 2 will calm some of the crowds down since they will be split between two parks now which will solve #3, but they really should re-do the entrance and queue to make it more pronounced and a better atmosphere once in there.

Last edited: