Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Frozen Ever After

Yup. Meanwhile, out in Disneyland, only the real headliners get much more than a 30-40 minute wait ever.
What Disneyland did you go to? I wish that was the case when I was there...

People go to Disney expecting to wait in lines. It's a drag for frequent locals but it's a matter-of-fact thing for everyone else. If people aren't complaining about overcrowding now, they probably never will. I do hope that Epcot is next on Disney's to-do list after MGM gets fixed though.

I have a hard time walking on the pathways at Disney Parks, which by the way are wide enough to accommodate two way traffic. It's not just a content problem, it's a master planning problem. Not creating any significant improvements for nearly 20 years has finally caught up to them. Now they're attempting to play catch up with bandaids like this frozen retrofit and the poorly thought out slinky coaster.

What Disneyland did you go to? I wish that was the case when I was there...

People go to Disney expecting to wait in lines. It's a drag for frequent locals but it's a matter-of-fact thing for everyone else. If people aren't complaining about overcrowding now, they probably never will. I do hope that Epcot is next on Disney's to-do list after MGM gets fixed though.
I'll admit that I tend to go to DL in slower seasons, so maybe that's why i'm used to shorter lines out there.

And yeah, people go to Disnye parks expecting to wait in lines, but people expect a payoff too. This ride is going to have obnoxiously long lines and little payout for the wait.

Not to mention that the World Showcase doesn't open until 11am, meaning that they lose 2 hours of operating time for this attraction.
Disney announced that they will open it with Future World opening. But it still is going to be uncomfortably crowded. You'll have to get your fastpass at midnight on the 90 day mark. Forget it if you're staying offsite.

Epcot has ride capacity issues for sure and I have stated this needs to be the next park they do something with. They needed to change the boats in this ride to allow a higher capacity and the fact they arent is just plain dumb.

But I have never waited 30 minutes to buy food or merch. And I went in many peak peak seasons like Christmas week or spring break. So not sure where you guys are shopping or eating. The food and merch lines are no longer than Uni and I never had to wait in a line to get into a store like Uni had when I went to HP once in January. So I think the waiting in general is being over exaggerated on here. Now do they have rides that get insane waits? Yes. Epcot is the worst offender of this and hopefully a 3rd theater helps soarin. But all parks have these low capacity high demand rides (DM) and I honestly don't know what any park is thinking when they create these rides. It is just silly to put a popular IP in a low capacity ride.

I have. The lines are long, but the longest I ever waited at a food station was 10 minutes at most. Those lines move fast. Most of the time I wait 5 or less minutes.
I don't know if you went this year, but it was baddddd. 20-30 minute waits were the norm it felt like. TimTracker had a video of how miserable their experience was at F&W this year.

I don't know if you went this year, but it was baddddd. 20-30 minute waits were the norm it felt like. TimTracker had a video of how miserable their experience was at F&W this year.

I will admit I missed this year for several reasons. So maybe it got worse. But in years past I never waited that long. But that is an event vs a normal food stand.

This ride will most likely be their Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. 5 hour waits at first but after a few years, nobody cared. However, that first year or so was rough but Disneyland's schedule is totally different than Epcot's (even 8am-12am on weekends). Hopefully we see more Extra Magic Hours at Epcot to make up for this ride's lack of capacity.

This ride will most likely be their Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. 5 hour waits at first but after a few years, nobody cared. However, that first year or so was rough but Disneyland's schedule is totally different than Epcot's (even 8am-12am on weekends). Hopefully we see more Extra Magic Hours at Epcot to make up for this ride's lack of capacity.
With a Broadway show and sequel movie lined up, I don't see the hype fading around Frozen though.

With a Broadway show and sequel movie lined up, I don't see the hype fading around Frozen though.

Eh.. it's already reached a bit of a saturation point. The ride will lose popularity after a few years too, just like they all do.

Eh.. it's already reached a bit of a saturation point. The ride will lose popularity after a few years too, just like they all do.
A ride with such low capacity can't simply "lose popularity". I mean, Maelstrom regularly pulled in 45 minute waits and that was just a ride based on Norwegian mythology.

No matter how much Frozen popularity falls (which I don't think it will by much), it will still be much more popular than it's predecessor, and that's scary to think about.

A ride with such low capacity can't simply "lose popularity". I mean, Maelstrom regularly pulled in 45 minute waits and that was just a ride based on Norwegian mythology.

No matter how much Frozen popularity falls (which I don't think it will by much), it will still be much more popular than it's predecessor, and that's scary to think about.

Yes, but to continue my Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage comparison, that only has a capacity of about 900 guests per hour. And yes you can simply "lose popularity." It is nowhere near as popular in the years after as it was when it first opened.

But, that's also at Disneyland, a park that has millions more visitors than Epcot per year but also quite a lot more attractions to siphon guests to. There's only a handful of rides people still want to do at Epcot anyway, which is where the real problem will lie. Hence the animatronics added to Gran Fiesta Tour, in a last ditch effort to hope one more attraction is added to that list.

Last edited:
Yes, but to continue my Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage comparison, that only has a capacity of about 900 guests per hour. And yes you can simply "lose popularity." It is nowhere near as popular in the years after as it was when it first opened.

But, that's also at Disneyland, a park that has millions more visitors than Epcot per year but also quite a lot more attractions to siphon guests to. There's only a handful of rides people still want to do at Epcot anyway, which is where the real problem will lie. Hence the animatronics added to Gran Fiesta Tour, in a last ditch effort to hope people one more attraction is added to that list.
That's the real problem is Epcot doesn't have many rides, never mind headliners. Many of the rides the park does have are in desperate need of help or being overwhelmed with more guests than the ride can handle.

Epcot - Future World to be specific - will, imo, be in the worst shape of any US Park after the DHS enhancements and Avatar/Rivers of Light.

The question is.. will Soarin's third theater allow it to be added to a different FastPass+ tier than Frozen?

That's the real problem is Epcot doesn't have many rides, never mind headliners. Many of the rides the park does have are in desperate need of help or being overwhelmed with more guests than the ride can handle.

Epcot - Future World to be specific - will, imo, be in the worst shape of any US Park after the DHS enhancements and Avatar/Rivers of Light.

Yes this is the problem. People who think the ride will have lower lines in a couple years are crazy. If Norway got 45 minute waits, you think Frozen won't?!? Epcot doesn't have a lot of rides people want to go on, so this will continue to be popular and continue to have a capacity issue.

Now will it have longer lines the first year than the next year? Of course. But this is any ride out there. All new rides have longer lines the first year. But this ride will always have longer lines. 20 to 30 minutes slow season and 45 to 60 minutes busier seasons.

But, that's also at Disneyland, a park that has millions more visitors than Epcot per year but also quite a lot more attractions to siphon guests to. There's only a handful of rides people still want to do at Epcot anyway, which is where the real problem will lie. Hence the animatronics added to Gran Fiesta Tour, in a last ditch effort to hope one more attraction is added to that list.

The problem with comparing Finding Nemo to Frozen is that the population makeup at Disneyland and Epcot are not at all comparable because most of WDW's crowd is out of towners while most of Disneyland's are locals. A local knows that Finding Nemo is not worth waiting forever for, but an out of towner does not. Frozen has the name recognition thing going for it and the fact that the majority of the audience are not able to just ride this whenever they want and do not know it is a dud (assuming it is). The fact that the lines are so long and the Fastpasses will disappear so quickly will only back up in these people's mind that this is a top tier attraction. Meanwhile, the WDW locals will ride it on Wednesday morning in March when no one else is around and probably be all set for the year.