Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 305 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am I the only one who wants the ride to open just so we can stop being spoiler-adverse and talk about it intelligently for its merits (or lack thereof as needed)??

I'd quite like to - I'm really interested by the actual technology behind the attractions, but even that can be too much of a spoiler, depending on who you ask.

I don't know about you all, but I'm still waiting on some banana theming.
#wherearethebananas

There're always bananas in the money stand...

Thanks Mad Dog!

Nice! Is blood red the best?

That's it. It's nothing more than a guess however.

The doors are visible better on the left, the Kong-type skeleton is on the left, etc...

I can't be arsed changing it, I done every seat individually. I'll be happy to make a proper one once it's up and running though if somebody can provide me with the data for it.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I have a feeling the WDI personas who ended up at UC and on this project don't share the same nostalgia for "ol banana breath" as Universal fans. So the banana thing might not be a thing at all with the new Kong.

Reactions: Ryno27
I'd quite like to - I'm really interested by the actual technology behind the attractions, but even that can be too much of a spoiler, depending on who you ask.

There're always bananas in the money stand...
One of the best times I had on Gringotts is when it got stuck and I could see the actuators that move the track. Also, though FJ's current ride profile shows too much, this can be really cool, because you can clearly see the rotating dome screens when approaching the quiditch scene.

PS: welcome aboard

The doors are visible better on the left, the Kong-type skeleton is on the left, etc...

That means if I go single rider I am more often in the right hand seats due to being loaded last to fill in. Anyone know where I can get a theme park buddy like the ones you use in the HOV lanes on the freeway? I guess I'm gonna need one to get on the "good" side.

Thanks!

That raises the question, would a ride operator ever be flexible in letting you go in on the left, or allowing you to wait for a specific AA driver?
Probably not in single rider line, but in regular queue you would be able to ask to wait for the next one, so that you can be on the left; would be no different thank asking for the front row.

Thanks!

That raises the question, would a ride operator ever be flexible in letting you go in on the left, or allowing you to wait for a specific AA driver?

Probably no on the driver, but if there is a single riders line, it should put you on the far left of the vehicle.

* except for Mummy where I always ended up on the right. Not sure why...

Last edited:
should they turn that restraunt next to kong to make it a kong themed restraunt because jurraic park already has a restaunt in the discovery center and few other places in jurrasic park to get something to eat so should they retheme that jurrasic park bbg restraunt to a king kong restraunt

Reactions: gbird and Ryno27
Sometimes if people didn't break the rules - and truly did no harm - we wouldn't have information we do now. Take the Horizons videos from the guys hopping out and wandering around.

No one was hurt, guests on the ride had no clue it was happening, etc... But now we have a resource that details how the ride worked and how the show scenes were constructed.

It wouldn't matter if Disney actually archived the attraction, but they didn't. They just tore it down and hoped everyone would forget it existed.

Honestly if I could become a legit theme park archivist and record and document things I would. None of the companies want to pay for it because it doesn't matter to them.

If anyone knows different, feel free to point me in the right direction. In the meantime we have the gatekeeper harpies that run WDI's "archives" by making concept art their personal paperwork stash and never setting foot in the parks. Nothing about the build process or how things actually work is ever documented or preserved. It's sad.

And the folks who dare to defy "the rules" are ousted... To protect God knows what.

What exactly are we protecting again? The integrity of an animatronic figure?
Horizons – Ultimate Tribute - Martin's Videos

We're not talking about a minor holding a drink for a friend. If I hire someone and have rules where the consequence is being fired, I would hope they'd just not break that rule. Not just taking a picture, but uploading it to the net.

Reactions: IzzyB and Ryno27
Probably never. Like a kid at Grad Bash not graduating, being banned from the parks, and so on.. for something relatively minor like line hopping.

Which brings up the question.. at what point does the punishment vastly outweigh the "crime" ?

It's a theme park attraction that people are interested in seeing. What monetary damage is there in a leaked photo? An amount worth a termination (and no rehire and blemish on the resume) and park ban?

At some point you have to remember: It's a theme park.
I read this in Professor Xaviers voice lol. Very well put, Especially because I also think it's just not that serious.

Imagine a blockbuster film and someone takes a spoiler image of a crucial scene .... basically this is the same thing ...
If you say basically then yes. But I'm not going to see a movie where the huge spoiler scene has been leaked I'll wait for it to be released. It's not like I won't ride Kong and wait for the YouTube videos to surface. So once again I think it's just a bit too serious for a theme park attraction, And I don't think it's fair to compare it to a blockbuster now that was a bit excessive..

Am I the only one who wants the ride to open just so we can stop being spoiler-adverse and talk about it intelligently for its merits (or lack thereof as needed)??
Thank you!!! Why does one come to a forum if they do not want spoilers? Isn't it contradictory?

Reactions: Blaw923