Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 220 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So 'New = Best' for everything?

I can't subscribe to that personally, as there's too much personal opinion involved. You can say that it might be the most technologically accomplished AA they've made (which would be a fact), but some people will prefer Disney's older AA's for different reasons (those are opinions). There is never any 'best' really, is the point I was trying to make.

Not to be that guy, but it would be the best at having the most axes of motion.. :lmao:

Reactions: rioriz and IzzyB
It is an odd point to make. Because when this opens there will be people who in their eyes think it is the best. So isn't there really a best for each person? And again I go back to how does that make one a pixie duster?

I said it should be the best since many of their AA are using older techs and this one will be using the newer tech. New does not always equal best, but in this case it should be the best Disney has done based on the tech they will be using. Just like the boat ride should give a better experience using the new tech where they can control the speed, do stops, turns, etc.

Regardless of how amazing technology is, most people would choose Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean from the 60's and 70's over anything new and costing a billion bucks. The tech only goes so far.

An AA does not make a land, it's just a highlight. They are always welcomed of course. What's really affecting this land is the long "donkey" time is taking to build and once built, the only 2 Attractions (which it's what ATTRACTS guest to the parks and the reason why they were called ATTRACTIONS) are "skipable", which means it's the type of rides that you can do from 1 to 5 times and after that, it depends on the wait time whether you do the ride or not. Although this will not be the same for everyone... I do have to say looking at the latest pictures of the construction, the main floating rock is looking pretty good and more natural, and I am glad because that's the only reason I'm looking forward for the opening of this land. I believe Disney will do an amazing job with the looks of the land, but I am pretty sure after 3months from opening day and after I ride Avatar rides a few times, the Safari and Dinosaur will stay on their current top spot on my list for DAK.

An AA does not make a land, it's just a highlight. They are always welcomed of course. What's really affecting this land is the long "donkey" time is taking to build and once built, the only 2 Attractions (which it's what ATTRACTS guest to the parks and the reason why they were called ATTRACTIONS) are "skipable", which means it's the type of rides that you can do from 1 to 5 times and after that, it depends on the wait time whether you do the ride or not. Although this will not be the same for everyone... I do have to say looking at the latest pictures of the construction, the main floating rock is looking pretty good and more natural, and I am glad because that's the only reason I'm looking forward for the opening of this land. I believe Disney will do an amazing job with the looks of the land, but I am pretty sure after 3months from opening day and after I ride Avatar rides a few times, the Safari and Dinosaur will stay on their current top spot on my list for DAK.
i agree the AA is just a small part of the land
the one thing that makes DA so great is im completely immersed 360 degrees, my hope is this land is the same

Reactions: DoubleJ
Actual construction time is comparable to Cars Land, but because it was announced prematurely, it has seemingly took eons to complete. I think Nintendo is in the same boat as Pandora on this issue.

Reactions: rioriz and IzzyB

How in the world without riding a ride can you say that the 2 attractions will be skipable after riding it a couple times? I mean soarin is a ride many people think is a must ride type ride on their vacation. Many people I talk to that is a must ride type ride, so why wouldn't Avatar which from insiders is going to be much better and more than Soarin 2.0? I just don't understand how people are judging this land so harshly without ever stepping a foot into it.

Actual construction time is comparable to Cars Land, but because it was announced prematurely, it has seemingly took eons to complete. I think Nintendo is in the same boat as Pandora on this issue.
Actually we knew about the Universal and Nintendo deal, That was not an announcement for Nintendo Land. Besides keep in mind that they are taking long on that because they were working on 3 major attractions plus a brand new waterpark before we can even think about Nintendo land, if it even happened, is not like they already promised the land with art sketches and all ... oh crap I forgot SLOP, make that 4 attractions. Avatar was announced/confirmed on Sept 2011. Perfect example, half of DHS closed this year (2016), they have open ground, but still it will open 2020..... DA 2yrs to take down Jaws area and build DA.

How in the world without riding a ride can you say that the 2 attractions will be skipable after riding it a couple times? I mean soarin is a ride many people think is a must ride type ride on their vacation. Many people I talk to that is a must ride type ride, so why wouldn't Avatar which from insiders is going to be much better and more than Soarin 2.0? I just don't understand how people are judging this land so harshly without ever stepping a foot into it.
Please tell me there is an extra special reason for you to be answering my post. I thought I was VERY clear with you to not read or reply my posts. Don't care about your opinions, please respect my space.

i agree the AA is just a small part of the land
the one thing that makes DA so great is im completely immersed 360 degrees, my hope is this land is the same
I really hope so as well, and I think Disney will get there because their visuals are great. It sucks for them that UOR is really getting into theming and visuals as well. Although I cant feel sorry for them because they can be same or better than UOR, but I just don't think they really care enough to do it. I think their new moto is How can we charge more by building less and cheap.

I'm done with this website. Too many so called experts who love the sound of their own voice. Even some of the nice people aren't being nice anymore. Opinions are not allowed. Way too much cockiness.

Reactions: DoubleJ
Please tell me there is an extra special reason for you to be answering my post. I thought I was VERY clear with you to not read or reply my posts. Don't care about your opinions, please respect my space.

Ummmm... Because like before I don't even know who you are or that you don't like me. Honestly I won't remember to not read or respond to your posts. Since I don't really have an issue with you, I would suggest you just put me on your ignore list.

Actually we knew about the Universal and Nintendo deal, That was not an announcement for Nintendo Land. Besides keep in mind that they are taking long on that because they were working on 3 major attractions plus a brand new waterpark before we can even think about Nintendo land, if it even happened, is not like they already promised the land with art sketches and all ... oh crap I forgot SLOP, make that 4 attractions. Avatar was announced/confirmed on Sept 2011. Perfect example, half of DHS closed this year (2016), they have open ground, but still it will open 2020..... DA 2yrs to take down Jaws area and build DA.
There was a post on the Universal Orlando Blog about Nintendo, the fact that they didn't mention any specifics doesn't mean squat, Disney's Avatar announcement in 2011 was much the same. The only extra detail Disney included was that there was something Avatar coming to DAK. That's it. The rest of your post is unintelligible.
What on Earth is your problem?! You have some serious issues. You need to slow down to 0%.

Reactions: Joshua Pittman
I have the luxury of passing by this area every day for work and it's quite impressive up close. Not going to delve into details here, but there is still lots of work left even though the theming seems almost done in some areas. A few weeks ago they were testing water effects and, not gonna lie, I got chills.

I'm just very intrigued by how the attractions will be. I know Disney hasn't been making the most enthralling attractions as of late, but I think FoP might be exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.