So when will the Kid Zone closures begin? | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

So when will the Kid Zone closures begin?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wait I’m confused. Isn’t the park near Horror Makeup Central Park? And isn’t Battery Park the one near Fallon?
Ironically all 3 of these parks are designated smoking areas.

Battery park is the covered smoking area near Mel’s, located between Transformers and the Central Park area, which is the grassy area across from the NBC Media Center.

The one near Fallon is, um, I wanna say Washington Square Park maybe? Actually I’m not sure what it’s called, but it has that pillar with an angel on top.

Ironically all 3 of these parks are designated smoking areas.

Battery park is the covered smoking area near Mel’s, located between Transformers and the Central Park area, which is the grassy area across from the NBC Media Center.

The one near Fallon is, um, I wanna say Washington Square Park maybe? Actually I’m not sure what it’s called, but it has that pillar with an angel on top.
Yes, Washington Square Park. The home of many '60s/'70s protests. Women's Lib and Peace reigns.

Keep expectations at a minimum for closures and life will be the better for it.

The earliest I think we get closures at this point is Labor Day, but I truly wouldn't be surprised if things push into 2019. That's not inside knowledge, just gut feeling at this point and time.

I’ll take that bet. I still think they’re waiting for F&F at this point, for whatever reason. Gut feeling as well, but I don’t think they can let it go past summer and still hit their desired mark

Keep expectations at a minimum for closures and life will be the better for it.

The earliest I think we get closures at this point is Labor Day, but I truly wouldn't be surprised if things push into 2019. That's not inside knowledge, just gut feeling at this point and time.

I’ll take that bet. I still think they’re waiting for F&F at this point, for whatever reason. Gut feeling as well, but I don’t think they can let it go past summer and still hit their desired mark

As Brian said on IU Radio we’ve been close for a long time. We have accurate info until the last minute when Lucy/UOR pulls the football.

When I was there Wednesday I walked back to CG area and was surprised at all the new paint I saw on things, the ground etc. Guess that was why they had the walls up for a bit but it was a surprise they spent the money.
ETA: I rode ET and gave my name as "home". Botanicus said "Homer"!

Reactions: Ashhanbre
When I was there Wednesday I walked back to CG area and was surprised at all the new paint I saw on things, the ground etc. Guess that was why they had the walls up for a bit but it was a surprise they spent the money.
ETA: I rode ET and gave my name as "home". Botanicus said "Homer"!
All of the Simpsons names are in the system for ET to say.

What year is Japan’s Nintendo land set to open? Has it broken ground?

Back a few years ago when I’d heard that Japan would be getting it first, there were mutterings that stateside parks couldn’t begin construction until Japan’s was completed and Nintendo approved of the final product. Nintendo was in no hurry to install these in all of the planned parks and was more concerned about quality and appeal.

That was a while ago and things change (and I’ve stayed away from anything parks related for well over a year now), but I think we all expected Kidzone to close years ago. Personally speaking, if Nintendo japan is opening in 2019 or early 2020, I’d expect closure and demo to start a half-year before, and construction to start a few months prior to their ground opening.

What year is Japan’s Nintendo land set to open? Has it broken ground?

Back a few years ago when I’d heard that Japan would be getting it first, there were mutterings that stateside parks couldn’t begin construction until Japan’s was completed and Nintendo approved of the final product. Nintendo was in no hurry to install these in all of the planned parks and was more concerned about quality and appeal.

That was a while ago and things change (and I’ve stayed away from anything parks related for well over a year now), but I think we all expected Kidzone to close years ago. Personally speaking, if Nintendo japan is opening in 2019 or early 2020, I’d expect closure and demo to start a half-year before, and construction to start a few months prior to their ground opening.

Super Nintendo World has broken ground since June, as it's projected to be ready by the Tokyo Olympics for Osaka in 2020.

When Hogsmeade began construction in Osaka, it took less time than even the Hollywood version. I would not doubt that Japan has people down there far more capable to take on the challenge to get it ready by then.