Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

So when will the Kid Zone closures begin?

I don't really think the parks "need" flat rides or a kiddie coaster. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to them adding something as long as it looks nice and fit whatever area it ended up in. I do agree there won't be much for the young ones until Mario opens, but that shouldn't be excuse to put in some sort of tacky kiddie land in the middle of NYC. There are a lot of smart and creative people on the payroll I wonder if they could cook up some sort of solution.

I don't really think the parks "need" flat rides or a kiddie coaster. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to them adding something as long as it looks nice and fit whatever area it ended up in. I do agree there won't be much for the young ones until Mario opens, but that shouldn't be excuse to put in some sort of tacky kiddie land in the middle of NYC. There are a lot of smart and creative people on the payroll I wonder if they could cook up some sort of solution.

Flat rides serve a purpose, and when done well are not tacky. Just because they're "cheap" in theme park terms doesn't mean they can't look nice.

The only flat rides I believe fit parks such as Disney & Universal are carousels, tea cups and dumbo types, that is all. Anything else is just plain cheap.

I don't disagree with you if they can figure out a cool way to integrate it into the parks then I'm all for it, but I just don't think they should plop it down in the middle just to up ride capacity or like tear down. I think there are several places they fit in really well and others' not so much.

Won’t it be a hoot if they have nothing planned at all for the young ones. They just shut Kidzone down children be damned.
Probably true.

I'm still betting we get street shows on that side of the park... even if it's just the wandering tourists we had when Diagon was under construction, something will probably show up over there.

The only flat rides I believe fit parks such as Disney & Universal are carousels, tea cups and dumbo types, that is all. Anything else is just plain cheap.
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree-type whip-rides have a place too, IMO. I could see a Pokemon or Zelda one coming in UOR's future. (obviously not in Central Park, though)

That too. Anything else is a no from me.

And we should expect Beat Builders to move across the lagoon probably?
Yeah that would honestly be the most logical. It would move them out of what will be a high traffic area once Supercharged opens and it would also save Universal money as they wouldn't have to pay for extra entertainment.

Yeah that would honestly be the most logical. It would move them out of what will be a high traffic area once Supercharged opens and it would also save Universal money as they wouldn't have to pay for extra entertainment.
Put them in the Central Park trees with Tarzan outfits and call them "Tree Beaters". ;):lol:

I value any green space in the Studios as most of it is concrete...Plus, I always see people relaxing in that area...Leave it
I agree. That's my Studios' quiet green space. IOA has a lot of quiet relaxation spots, but Central Park is the only true get away at the Studio's park. Time sitting on the park bench, relaxing in the quiet & people watching, is Priceless.

I agree. That's my Studios' quiet green space. IOA has a lot of quiet relaxation spots, but Central Park is the only true get away at the Studio's park. Time sitting on the park bench, relaxing in the quiet & people watching, is Priceless.
I thought we were talking about Battery Park over near Hollywood haha...My bad, I like both