So when will the Kid Zone closures begin? | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

So when will the Kid Zone closures begin?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kidzone is still open and it's after the Christmas season.

We got told walls would be up and that staff had already been informed it would be closing right after HHN.

Unless @Teebin says something definitive, you shouldnt get your hopes up on any timeline.

Until then, just enjoy the speculation - in particular @AliciaStella and her maps.

Reactions: JoeCamel
We got told walls would be up and that staff had already been informed it would be closing right after HHN.

Unless @Teebin says something definitive, you shouldnt get your hopes up on any timeline.

Until then, just enjoy the speculation - in particular @AliciaStella and her maps.
Yea, I may know about the land... but I have no clue on the time.

I do have some more details, but was waiting until we heard something (anything) more before sharing.

I would guess nothing else will be closing until Supercharged opens. We'll likely see some of the street shows on that side of the park close (flying fish and/or beat builders.) Then when KidZone attractions do close I expect new family friendly street shows to show up near that area of the park.

I've even heard rumors of temporary kiddie rides going up near Springfield until Nintendo opens, like the lame train from the mall (or Disney Springs,) etc. Not so sure about that, but street shows are pretty likely. Personally, I think if they could get a Trolls street show together in a hurry that would help give kids something to do and be relevant to what's hot nowadays.

The temporary kiddie attractions make sense, as we've previously speculated. And small kids just look for small thrills, theming be damned. ;) Anything that moves is a joy to them.
I'm still all for a permanent move of the Nuthouse Coaster to Central Park. Would look cool from across the lagoon and be an actual attraction on the pathway that currently only includes a media center. (Note: I mean putting it on the upper level of the park, still leaving the lower area for lagoon show viewing.)

It's probably not gonna happen, but I think the park needs a kiddie coaster. Maybe they could work it into Springfield by taking out the basketball game or something. I can dream.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm still all for a permanent move of the Nuthouse Coaster to Central Park. Would look cool from across the lagoon and be an actual attraction on the pathway that currently only includes a media center. (Note: I mean putting it on the upper level of the park, still leaving the lower area for lagoon show viewing.)

It's probably not gonna happen, but I think the park needs a kiddie coaster. Maybe they could work it into Springfield by taking out the basketball game or something. I can dream.

It’s easy to say “just move it!” until people realize often it’s chaper to buy one totally new.

Reactions: fryoj and Quint
My prediction is that Kidzone would close around Spring or Summer 2018 in order for it to be demolished to make room for Super Nintendo World - Mario World. It's already the first 8 days of 2018 and it takes weeks for Kidzone in order to be demolished completely.

It’s easy to say “just move it!” until people realize often it’s chaper to buy one totally new.
I realize that. Even if it's a brand new incarnation, I'd like a kiddie coaster at that park somewhere someday. It certainly isn't very expensive like the standards of Kong or Furious level theming to design and construct.

And then the question becomes: Is it really worth it to spend $10-20M kiddie coaster that would be deemed temporary?

I’m actually surprised that no one has mentioned a carousel in Central Park... I mean it’ll fit perfectly.

“Grand Central Park Carousel”

Little footprint and adds kinetic energy to the park which lacks at that side of the park.

You can even add a tea cup flat to Springfield where the basketball game is and easily theme it into Krustyland. So many options, just depends if Universal is willing to invest for small kids now or will put up unto Nintendo.

I’m actually surprised that no one has mentioned a carousel in Central Park... I mean it’ll fit perfectly.

Little footprint and adds kinetic energy to the park which lacks at that side of the park.

You can even add a tea cup flat to Springfield where the basketball game is and easily theme it into Krustyland. So many options, just depends if Universal is willing to invest for small kids now or will put up unto Nintendo.
I'd be much more for a carousel than a coaster. It would fit Central Park so much better.

Reactions: Andysol

I'm liking both of these ideas.

Carousel > Coaster for me in Central Park. Although a Coaster would be good too.

And Re: Springfield- Anything that gets rid of the Carnival games and offers the little kids more to do is a win in my book. Not that I'm a fan of stroller crowd whatsoever, but it's certainly a weak area for Universal.

Reactions: Alicia
I'm liking both of these ideas.

Carousel > Coaster in Central Park.

And Re: Springfield- Anything that gets rid of the Carnival games and offers the little kids more to do is a win in my book. Not that I'm a fan of stroller crowd whatsoever, but it's certainly a weak area for Universal.
Those carnival games aren't going anywhere. They bring in too much money.

I'd be much more for a carousel than a coaster. It would fit Central Park so much better.

Definitely. A coaster would only fit in Simpson’s at the moment and I don’t think Uni will invest too much into Springfield. Only way I see a coaster added is if uni decides to build a minions park for example.

Why not both?

Build a gentle kiddie coaster that bunny hops around the border of Central park (just inside the trees), and its lift hill goes over the queue for a Carousel? The theme to the coaster can, literally, be anything. They can even keep Woody. Both the CaroSeussel and the Nuthouse coaster fit in the space.