Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understandable without ripping out the caves. Just would expect more for JP and right after HP. Keep hearing about SLop going into Shrek as a two story dark ride and not sure how big that is. Feel doing that as a discovery center dark ride would be better, but that might not be feasible and would cost a lot more.

Understandable without ripping out the caves. Just would expect more for JP and right after HP. Keep hearing about SLop going into Shrek as a two story dark ride and not sure how big that is. Feel doing that as a discovery center dark ride would be better, but that might not be feasible and would cost a lot more.

Theoretically I'm sure something like that is possible, but the SLoP characters are far smaller and require less room to make AAs of them. dinosaurs are pretty big. So unless it was a screen ride (which people would then complain about), I don't see how it'd be possible to put a dark ride there.

I love coasters, so I'm all for another one, though. I'm also someone who, when people were talking about a DC dark ride, thought it sounded super boring.

Is there no potential here for a multi storey jeep ride or something? Anyone else think a coaster would be a wasted opportunity for Jurassic Park? The space is small so maybe a large ride building where the jeep goes up levels could work? Like climbing up to higher ground or something along those lines. Coaster just seems a bit "meh" when it comes to something that has the potential to be so excellently themed.

Is there no potential here for a multi storey jeep ride or something? Anyone else think a coaster would be a wasted opportunity for Jurassic Park? The space is small so maybe a large ride building where the jeep goes up levels could work? Like climbing up to higher ground or something along those lines. Coaster just seems a bit "meh" when it comes to something that has the potential to be so excellently themed.

Would be awesome , but I feel like for something like that they’d have to completely redo the whole land.

Although I love the Jurassic Park section and river adventure is one of my fave rides. Lately I’ve thinking the IP has been used completely wrong from the start, it’s literally a movie about a theme park with dinosaurs in, it should be unbelievable. It should have definitely had a Jeep ride from the start, more interactivity, more dinos, just more like a park within a park.

That being said I am excited for this rollercoaster, it’s a nice addition especially given it’s something universal resort hasn’t seen before.

Hey, they could put in a launch tunnel like a dinosaurs neck and have the coaster come out the mouth with a loud "ROAR" :eek:O:

In all seriousness, however, with all the immersive work they are doing on other attractions this seems like a quick and dirty fill-in that could really mess with the cool tropical sightline in that area.
I have the feeling this will come off as a HRRR type install which, while its a good coaster IMHO, takes away from the theming of the areas it runs through.

Yea, I'm gonna be honest, I don't get the love for the Discovery Center. Outside of the Raptor Hatching area, it's like a 1990s museum exhibit down there. And even the Raptor Hatching area could use a significant tech upgrade

I don't get it either. I could maybe understand the nostalgia if you visited it as a kid but it looks incredibly tired and dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.