Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
4) project goes out to bid and all bets are off

I was going to mention something along these lines. I mean, when folks say ‘leaked days prior to a press event’, isn’t that the same as saying ‘the company sent the press packs to get printed/packaged and then it somehow leaked’?

But yes, I agree that the risk of leaks must increase once UC starts requesting bids for the work.

I was going to mention something along these lines. I mean, when folks say ‘leaked days prior to a press event’, isn’t that the same as saying ‘the company sent the press packs to get printed/packaged and then it somehow leaked’?

But yes, I agree that the risk of leaks must increase once UC starts requesting bids for the work.
On certain things, I think that's totally true.

Take the list of potential park names for DHS back a while ago. That list was not "leaked." Disney wanted that list to "accidentally" be in the public eye so that they could judge reactions without any consequences.

What gets me more than anything are people who parrot. One person says something and then all of a sudden 1-3 people “confirm” it. The argument will Be they were waiting for it to be public to protect their source, but to me it always seemed off.
That, and people guessing and stating it as fact.

I get that I’m the skeptical person on this forum, and the term “insider” carries very little weight with me as often it’s someone who is simply just a person that is extremely knowledgeable and up to date with all the going ons of the theme park world.
Mansionbutler over at magic is like that for me. Really smart, educated guy and who knows a ton about theme parks- who is up to the minute up to date, but he tries to come off as an insider mentioning sources, etc- when it’s public info. I just don’t get it.
I just don’t get the draw to be labeled an “insider”. Isn’t being intelligent and knowledgeable about theme parks enough?

I always felt lightbulb was very accurate with his information. Almost like he’d only post when he actually had something concrete.
Whylightbulb always had accurate info. His analysis was crazy.

The insider game is kinda cutthroat.

On one hand, you have the readers. Even if you're wrong one time, some automatically jump to labeling any info you share as "bad". On the other, you have others (bloggers, insiders, what have you) that take it too seriously and get jealous; waiting for any opportunity to knock you down if you get one little detail wrong. I can say with certainty the best insider ever was HTF, and he had a target from certain peers because of how much he did know. Sad...

The insider game is kinda cutthroat.

On one hand, you have the readers. Even if you're wrong one time, some automatically jump to labeling any info you share as "bad". On the other, you have others (bloggers, insiders, what have you) that take it too seriously and get jealous; waiting for any opportunity to knock you down if you get one little detail wrong. I can say with certainty the best insider ever was HTF, and he had a target from certain peers because of how much he did know. Sad...

The game changes and morphs constantly, after 20 years following the industry there's a smell test that needs to happen with info.

42841518412_131a3733a2_h.jpg
42841516202_b96a6b05c4_h.jpg
42171198874_cfc01ea117_h.jpg
42889663541_f5c1a6e74b_h.jpg

Final show building is a lot more visible from the path than I expected.

Edit: @devinp267 going back to what you mentioned about the fact that there are multiple short rows of magnets, if you look closely at the first pic, it seems like they have holes on the track to attach more magnets between the existing ones. I guess they just haven't installed all of them yet.

Last edited:
What part of th coaster am I looking at in the second photo? And if anyone knows, will trees be enough to hide that show building. Visited 2 days ago and that thing was huge.
That little bump in the second photo is the part that drops down before going up the spike.

Edit: @devinp267 going back to what you mentioned about the fact that there are multiple short rows of magnets, if you look closely at the first pic, it seems like they have holes on the track to attach more magnets between the existing ones. I guess they just haven't installed all of them yet.
Very good observation. I hope not though.

Put in my earbuds and listened to the new Disney Dish yesterday and immediately ran over her to check if Alicia was okay considering just how bad Jim made it sound, thankfully it was all for naught. You have to remember that, despite Jim's new Universal Joint podcast, he really is far more of a Disney insider and more or less fudges the Uni stuff (obvious seeing as they got all their info literally from Alicia's vid), doing his usual embellishments. I do think that people are a bit too cantankerous/salty when it comes to him since he does tend to, again, embellish for entertainment but I would say a good chunk of what he says about Disney is fairly on the money especially since Len Testa can back him up many times. Glad to hear it ended well, though.

And hell, this might just become public knowledge soon enough if Uni countermeasures like we predict it will.

Put in my earbuds and listened to the new Disney Dish yesterday and immediately ran over her to check if Alicia was okay considering just how bad Jim made it sound, thankfully it was all for naught. You have to remember that, despite Jim's new Universal Joint podcast, he really is far more of a Disney insider and more or less fudges the Uni stuff (obvious seeing as they got all their info literally from Alicia's vid), doing his usual embellishments. I do think that people are a bit too cantankerous/salty when it comes to him since he does tend to, again, embellish for entertainment but I would say a good chunk of what he says about Disney is fairly on the money especially since Len Testa can back him up many times. Glad to hear it ended well, though.

And hell, this might just become public knowledge soon enough if Uni countermeasures like we predict it will.
But if it happens all the time does that make it right? - or excusable?

I don't think it happens "all the time", it's just that Jim has been in this game for so long that it's easy to cherry pick.

But we really should move this back on topic.

Hello High Res Pictures

I am incredibly excited for this ride. The more I see....the more I think that this is going to be another Universal game changer. I think that the theming on this will blow people away.

After this I would like to see Universal put as much energy, creativity and thought into non-Potter attractions. I think that they will...especially for the new park.

It is time to wonder how they will theme that drop-track show building... will it be an ancient ruined castle or a massive rock outcrop... fun fun fun to wonder.

I'm thinking since we are already in the forest, a Huge old tree could work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.