Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess I don't see the value added without another ride. The park is already overstuffed with restaurants and shops
I don’t think anyone would disagree with you- a ride would clearly be better and everyone’s preference.
France, even with it being an IP ride, is going to be significantly improved with Ratatouille.

But to say no value added is slightly short-sided. Take Japan, as an example. Still a great pavilion, yet no ride.
Would it be better with Mount Fuji? Of course.
Does it add value without Fuji? Absolutely.

There's already nothing to do in Epcot. Adding a pavilion without a ride would be monumentally stupid.
If all you want to do is ride rides, I’d agree. But World Showcase is still incredible and truly unique. It holds Epcot up all on its own.

I don’t think anyone would disagree with you- a ride would clearly be better and everyone’s preference.
France, even with an IP ride, is going to be significantly improved with Ratatouille.

But to say no value added is slightly short-sided. Take Japan, as an example. Still a great pavilion, yet no ride.
Would it be better with Mount Fuji? Of course.
Does it add value without Fuji? Absolutely.

If all you want to do is ride rides, I’d agree. But World Showcase is still incredible and truly unique. It holds Epcot up all on its own.
Yes, if there was a choice to only (1) Keep World Showcase & level Future World or (2) Keep Future World & level World Showcase....I would always choose #1 Keep World Showcase.

Last I heard, about 2 months ago, was no attraction, $275M budget. Opening in 2022 for EPCOT's 40th Anniversary.

It appears all that has changed except the opening date.

Last edited:
Last I heard, about 2 months ago, was no attraction, $275M budget. Opening in 2022 for EPCOT's 30th Anniversary.

It appears all that has changed except the opening date.
Out of interest, when you say “all that has has changed”, what are you basing it on?

My understanding s there is a desire for Spain to happen, but it’s nowhere near as far along as Brazil.

Also, nice to hear that the ride rumor may have legs.
I remember hearing something about Spain originally got into some sort of issue (ie. they wanted a pavilion bigger, better etc than Mexico? some old rivalry,. I dunno) and it came down to what they wanted vrs what they wanted to pay (of course, this is old Epcot where governments were expected to have some say in the pavilion).

I just have to wonder how this is going to happen since the Brazilian government would have to pay almost half of the cost for this. As far as I know they're still in bad shape financially as a country.

Spain...Always the bridesmaid but never the bride....Even at BGW, a Spain land,in the area where the concert shows and former neck snapping coaster were, has been rumored for about ten years now.

Reactions: TheGentTrent
I just have to wonder how this is going to happen since the Brazilian government would have to pay almost half of the cost for this. As far as I know they're still in bad shape financially as a country.
Instead of (just) the government, couldn’t it also be funded by private companies?

From what I read in the neighbor's forum most of the investment should come from a private Brazilian company. I think Embraer has not been on the loop anymore since it [edit] is being bought (not yet fully implemented) by The Boeing Company [edit]

Last edited:
When I see these huge investment rumors I am more aware that the future of this pavilion is still completely uncertain. Only a water E ticket should justify it, but the insiders said it'd less likely have an ride over there.

Me too. That is precisely why I think the future of the pavilion is uncertain...
Ok, deep down I don't want to raise hopes that we will have a new pavilion and, better yet, with an E