Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 399 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two new Notice of Commencements were just filed for "Site Development Services" for the SLRC land. The most interesting bit is their expiration date is April 30th 2020. These NoCs are in reference to the Mass Grading and Fill permits that were filed with Orange County a few months ago. This likely means veritical/actual park construction will begin sometime in 2020 (or maybe even earlier) after this work is completed.

(Sorry that the PDF imaging function of the bot is still broken)

*insert Here. We. Go. gif here*

Reactions: Coolbfitz
From Google:

"Mass grading is an essential component of construction site work. It is the moving of earth and soils in order to create a solid base foundation for a building or structure. It is one of the first steps in the construction process and is the base plate for an entire project."

I wouldn't call that breaking ground. I think it is basically just ensuring the site is ready for construction to begin.

Reactions: Magic-Man
So, are they going to fill all of the ponds immediately or only the large pond which is pretty much filled in now. If only the later, then that suggests to me that a major project will happen on the eastern large section first with the western portion left for expansion.

So, are they going to fill all of the ponds immediately or only the large pond which is pretty much filled in now. If only the later, then that suggests to me that a major project will happen on the eastern large section first with the western portion left for expansion.
I think that is the largest alteration to the water flow so it may need time to settle and compact while building the replacement ponds to handle the water runoff. I don't think it reads anything into the placement of the buildings yet more than a general idea.

I assumed this as well. Either that or the eastern pond was in the way of their plans while the western wasn't.

So, how does this work? Some farmer has a contract to truck his cows in to graze? Or are these feral cows that just wander about the fields of Florida lookin for a cheap chomp...

In Florida you qualify for an agricultural classification on the land if you graze a few cows there so they lease the grazing rights to some rancher and get income from that plus a break on property taxes.
Otherwise it is taxed at "best use" rates which are much higher. At least that is how it works over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.