Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Honestly hope nothing gets announced until July/August like the good old days just to teach everyone a lesson in patience.

Yup. It was just 2017 when UO rolled out the HHN news slowly. They get 2018 right and everyone wants announcements ASAP for this year. Funnily enough, I bet as soon as something is announced, they’ll turn around and ask “k cool, what’s next?”

It still stands for some - The speculation is always bigger than the event.

Did anyone keep track of the dates that sold out last year? I'm just curious and want to see if we are in trouble capacity wise.

Thanks!

It still stands for some - The speculation is always bigger than the event.

I’m starting to get that now. Sometimes the speculation, rumors, and changes going on BTS ends up being more interesting than the actual event.

I’d still say working as a scareactor at the event beats speculation or attending, though.

Can I ask why it is that you like spec/rumour season but not going to the actual event?
I don't attend for two reasons- crowds, and I don't live in Orlando anymore so, because of costs, HHN is nowhere close to a priority for my wife and I (my wife I almost did an RIP tour last year, but buyer's remorse).

Since I don't attend, but have been a fan since the beginning, know a lot of people directly involved in it, and still have a desire to design, I speculate. It keeps things going year-round when I don't get a "culminating event."

I don't attend for two reasons- crowds, and I don't live in Orlando anymore so, because of costs, HHN is nowhere close to a priority for my wife and I (my wife I almost did an RIP tour last year, but buyer's remorse).

Since I don't attend, but have been a fan since the beginning, know a lot of people directly involved in it, and still have a desire to design, I speculate. It keeps things going year-round when I don't get a "culminating event."

Fair points.

Do you think crowds will ever make the event unbareable (if they haven’t already), and is there anything universal can do?

My first visit was 2007, recently I’ve only been going since 25, even in the past 4 years I’ve noticed it seems there are less days when it’s surprisngly quiet and it definitely makes the event less enjoyable.

Last year I don’t remember any nights I went being surprisingly quiet, every single night seemed to be crazy.

Fair points.

Do you think crowds will ever make the event unbareable (if they haven’t already), and is there anything universal can do?

My first visit was 2007, recently I’ve only been going since 25, even in the past 4 years I’ve noticed it seems there are less days when it’s surprisngly quiet and it definitely makes the event less enjoyable.

Last year I don’t remember any nights I went being surprisingly quiet, every single night seemed to be crazy.
Crowds stopped being worth it in 2011 for us (to give context). My wife and I met in 2002 (at HHN), so we're used to a 30,000 capacity and average attendance of 14,000. With that, you could see every house in a night without any issue or real effort. That's why RIP would work for us.

Now, if the premier night happens with limited capacity, no express, and pulsing, and there's no issues, it would definitely fix a lot of keeps us away.

I still find the event enjoyable and you can still do every maze... if you visit more than once. HHN, for me, has become a multiple night affair. The last time I was able to do everything in one night without Express was 2013. Since then, it's become either Express or visit more than once.

I will say that the first 2 hours of any event night (even the ones that end up sold out), and the last hour are fantastic, you can hit most houses within those 3 hours.

Crowds stopped being worth it in 2011 for us (to give context). My wife and I met in 2002 (at HHN), so we're used to a 30,000 capacity and average attendance of 14,000. With that, you could see every house in a night without any issue or real effort. That's why RIP would work for us.

Now, if the premier night happens with limited capacity, no express, and pulsing, and there's no issues, it would definitely fix a lot of keeps us away.

I still find the event enjoyable and you can still do every maze... if you visit more than once. HHN, for me, has become a multiple night affair. The last time I was able to do everything in one night without Express was 2013. Since then, it's become either Express or visit more than once.

I will say that the first 2 hours of any event night (even the ones that end up sold out), and the last hour are fantastic, you can hit most houses within those 3 hours.

FFP for the win!

Are "premium nights" still rumored? Maybe the people who attend those won't go to the non-premium nights, slightly thinning out crowds overall?

For numerous reasons, I do not want more than 10 houses. I'm not just talking about budgetary reasons, but when you increase the number of houses, it means you can't take time off of certain types of effects, meaning that there's actually less variety in houses. For example, there's a higher chance the Pepper's Ghost effect will be used, meaning less time between it being used (I know they said they only use it every few years to keep it fresh). Basically, it means the event will become stale. Thankfully, despite it being rumored back in November, it doesn't appear to be the case here.

Last edited: