Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

Bluetooth audio isn’t a thing due to the communication issues/lag with the JoyCons.

I don’t think the budget model is a mini. I don’t think the Pro will be bigger physically. JoyCons will still be the same and detachable.

Switch Go: Portable only with no dock, some minor hardware changes from existing model. $199

Switch Pro: Larger screen/smaller bezel. Improved internals and more storage. Longer battery life and better resolution when docked.

Nintendo just wants more western third-party games on the Switch, there's no other explaination.

The Pro could either work or it will fail incredibly, because some people could decide that it's not worth it compared to the two other models. Exclusive games could help with that.
I could see the base model pretty much losing all western support due to not wanting to put the work in and then the exclusives to the Pro fail due to how it will naturally sell less than the other models then add in how third party games typically sell less on Nintendo anyway. It’s a stupid move to give it that much of a bump in power. A small bump for resolution and other tweaks is all they need.

Another thing to consider, the lite would most likely not have upgraded hardware to keep cost down, so releasing this and a pro could be stupid if games were to be made exclusive to the pro.

Honestly, if they make a graphical jump for the Pro; to be on par with the Xbox One S or Slim; I think we would actually see Third Parties go more for "Pro-Exclusive" games, because it may be the only way for them to do large-scale games for a console like Switch.

And I'm not going to disagree; because I do agree.

I am seeing it from two sides,

1. Side: A - More and more groups and parties could feel more comfortable on Switch, if they do upgrade the Tegra X1 to a custom Tegra X2 Chip for Nintendo Switch; which would possibly give more power for more perfomance games. It would also allow the Switch to potentially gain more and more support, even as we enter the next generation with the XBOX Scarlet and PS5 looming
  2. Side: B - It would potentially close the door for those with current Nintendo Switch's, forcing people to shell out cash for an updated version. And depending on prices, that can become a problem. It could also potentially cripple a Switch Mini
..I am though, looking at this albeit to a way to how Microsoft has actually profited, from their choices with the XBOX One S and the XBOX One X. They understood giving time, where-as Nintendo is jumping with both of them. I somehow get a feeling that could actually be a problem real quick, unless Nintendo is planning on buffering the times between the Mini and the Pro.

I don't care. Fracturing the library is a slap in the face.
I know. My point is that at least in the case of the New 3DS the games were nothing special.

That wouldn’t be the case with a Switch Pro that has big western third party exclusives over the base model. That would take away even more support because as I pointed out before why would developers ever put in effort for a port like DOOM ever again when they can simply make their game exclusive to the stronger Switch.

Wait a few more years but yeah pretty much. Make it the next generation machine.

I see this move, more similar to a Mid-Generation shift; similar to what Microsoft and Sony just did a few years ago.

If that's the case, then we should be expecting the Nintendo Switch to have a replacement in 3-4 years, with a completely new console.

I see this move, more similar to a Mid-Generation shift; similar to what Microsoft and Sony just did a few years ago.

If that's the case, then we should be expecting the Nintendo Switch to have a replacement in 3-4 years, with a completely new console.
It’s not going to be new. After going the hybrid route they can’t go back. It’ll have to be “Switch 2.”