Nintendo Switch | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Some thoughts on Nindies Showcase

- Cuphead starting the switch makes a fun statement. So happy for this to hit the Switch; as I am willing to give it a shot.
- Cadence of Hyrule is an amazing showing of faith Nintendo is giving to Indie Creators; wow that's amazing. Even if I haven't played Crypt of Necromancer, I am going to give this a shot.
- My Friend Pedro looks like stupid fun
- The Red Lantern, looks amazing and grueling.
- Excited to see what Double Fine is developing with RAD

Now..XBOX meaning business; planning to do multiple titles for Switch, is massive. Excited to see what the future of the collaboration holds, and hopefully tomorrow; we'll get some incite to the potenial of xCloud on Nintendo Switch.

Same goes for Cadence; as it just shines a light to Nintendo's more willingness to let outer parties work with their IPs on a large scale.

First Universal, then Ubisoft; and now Brace Yourself Games. Such an exciting time.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive
With WSJ reporting it, I have to wonder if they're announcing it sooner than we think. Guessing April 25th, during the Fiscal Year Meeting (keep in mind, that's where the Illumination/Nintendo collaboration was properly announced).

Guessing both are in-nature hybrids..but the cheaper one, will not have a dock, but people can get a dock if they desired.

And my guess, is that the Pro will upgrade to the Tegra X2 (or maybe even a hybrid, using slightly of what's new from Nvidia alongside the X2), and will be on-par with PS4 (Not Pro). That way, it allows more developers to come on-board to the console, and feel more comfortable with the hardware itself.

..either way, it makes me sincerely wonder if that's how more advanced titles like MCC, Forza, Witcher, and others might be able to even work for Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
With WSJ reporting it, I have to wonder if they're announcing it sooner than we think. Guessing April 25th, during the Fiscal Year Meeting (keep in mind, that's where the Illumination/Nintendo collaboration was properly announced).

Guessing both are in-nature hybrids..but the cheaper one, will not have a dock, but people can get a dock if they desired.

And my guess, is that the Pro will upgrade to the Tegra X2 (or maybe even a hybrid, using slightly of what's new from Nvidia alongside the X2), and will be on-par with PS4 (Not Pro). That way, it allows more developers to come on-board to the console, and feel more comfortable with the hardware itself.

..either way, it makes me sincerely wonder if that's how more advanced titles like MCC, Forza, Witcher, and others might be able to even work for Nintendo Switch.
If they indeed do a pro, I hope that there will be an option to buy the console sans dock, joycon etc. for people who have the regular switch.

Reactions: therock
If they indeed do a pro, I hope that there will be an option to buy the console sans dock, joycon etc. for people who have the regular switch.

Me and @Chris Galindo were talking; and he's hoping for at-least some kind of discount that they apparently did for 3DS.

I am hoping that too, but I am somewhat expecting it to not work out like that. If that happens, I'll be more than happy; but I am betting the Pro's tablet is going to be larger, requiring them to invest more for the sake of a larger dock.

Either way..I might dip into this for the sake of getting more out of what I already have.

Depending on execution this sounds like a bad move.

It sounds like a good move to me, but the timing is a little weird. Why not release these around the time when the new Xbox and Playstations launch?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Microsoft support the Pro in full, because now it can run all the games. This would also explain that weird Witcher 3 rumor.

Depending on execution this sounds like a bad move.
The lite or the pro? The lite I think is a great idea for people who really only care for the handheld mode. As for the pro, if it would play games that the regular one could not, then yeah I agree, I would feel betrayed in a sense.

Me and @Chris Galindo were talking; and he's hoping for at-least some kind of discount that they apparently did for 3DS.

I am hoping that too, but I am somewhat expecting it to not work out like that. If that happens, I'll be more than happy; but I am betting the Pro's tablet is going to be larger, requiring them to invest more for the sake of a larger dock.

Either way..I might dip into this for the sake of getting more out of what I already have.

They could make the screen larger and still have it fit in the existing dock.

My take on it, more or less..

The Lite makes a lot of sense, especailly as the 3DS is dying. Offer a cheaper version of Switch, one that enables more audiences to jump onto the Switch without having to dance into placing over 300 into a console.

And as for Pro, it reminds me when they were updating 3DS; and eventually had to stop developing games for older models.

I imagine Nintendo will try to get all of their first party still working for Standard and Mini, but it reminds me of the 3DS updates in a way.

My take on it, more or less..

The Lite makes a lot of sense, especailly as the 3DS is dying. Offer a cheaper version of Switch, one that enables more audiences to jump onto the Switch without having to dance into placing over 300 into a console.

And as for Pro, it reminds me when they were updating 3DS; and eventually had to stop developing games for older models.

I imagine Nintendo will try to get all of their first party still working for Standard and Mini, but it reminds me of the 3DS updates in a way.
They never stopped developing for older 3DS models. The amount of newly developed games that required the New 3DS can be counted on one hand.

Last edited:
I think it’s a mistake if both come this year. Releasing the cheaper one ahead of Pokémon makes sense. This is about the same time the DS Lite came out after the OG DS so this shouldn’t be a big deal. A stronger Switch? Give it a few more years. I also don’t like the idea of making it so much stronger to the point where devs could just ignore the base model because you know that would happen. Imagine if instead of putting in the work to port a game like Doom Eternal they said “screw it, just make it exclusive to the Pro to save work.”

Reactions: anihilnation
I think it’s a mistake if both come this year. Releasing the cheaper one ahead of Pokémon makes sense. This is about the same time the DS Lite came out after the OG DS so this shouldn’t be a big deal. A stronger Switch? Give it a few more years. I also don’t like the idea of making it so much stronger to the point where devs could just ignore the base model because you know that would happen. Imagine if instead of putting in the work to port a game like Doom Eternal they said “screw it, just make it exclusive to the Pro to save work.”

Nintendo just wants more western third-party games on the Switch, there's no other explaination.

The Pro could either work or it will fail incredibly, because some people could decide that it's not worth it compared to the two other models. Exclusive games could help with that.

I have to think both Pro and Mini, would have Bluetooth incorporation.

It is..incredibly stupid, that Nintendo didn't take into account of that when doing the Switch, especially for those (like me at times), who have bluetooth headsets and would like to sue it.

__

My guess for the Pro coming early, relies on that they are wanting to get a jump before XBOX and Sony launch their new consoles. In any other case, I wouldn't of thought that they would've done the Pro sooner.

I hope, hope, hoope..that they are more closer to PS4Pro and XOX; but I am not going to be shocked if it's more on-par with just the PS4 slim.