Nintendo Switch | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I doubt it'll be more than just a normal Zelda game. Monolith has worked on a lot of games outside the Xenoblade ones for Nintendo including Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild.
Didn't know they were Nintendo owned. Generally though, isn't most of the Zelda work done by one of Nintendo's direct studios?
I would find it strange really if this is for the upcoming Zelda game, as I imagine they would have started work on that soon after BOTW, hence why I think this may be something else, especially since it is said Nintendo wants something "new" Zelda every year for the Switch, so far: BOTW - Hyrule Warriors - Link's Awakening. Next brand new major Zelda game, I think, will be next year or the year after; hence why I think that the Monolith game is not for the next major installment, and why I think this will be a Zelda-related game.

If they make "Pro Only" games like they did with the 3DS revisions I'm gonna be really mad

I think there'll be a couple, but not too much. Maybe ten or fifteen games when all is said and done. It'll be like a bonus offer to those who chose to bought it, and it's not like Nintendo is making exclusive games for that hardware. Any other games will have "Pro-Enabled Features".

The games that'll be Pro-Exclusive will probably be games like Borderlands, GTA V, Witcher 3, Metro Exodus, etc. No multiplayer-only games.

Last edited:
I think they'll be a couple, but not too much. Maybe ten or fifteen games when all is said and done. It'll be like a bonus offer to those who chose to bought it, and it's not like Nintendo is making exclusive games for that hardware. Any other games will have "Pro-Enabled Features".

The games that'll be Pro-Exclusive will probably be games like Borderlands, GTA V, Witcher 3, Metro Exodus, etc. No multiplayer-only games.
GTA V should have no issue running on the base model. It was originally a PS3/360 game.

Splitting a player base is never a smart move. I think we'd see a more powerful Switch run existing games better or at higher resolutions over *looks at notes* METRO EXODUS. Plus new chips will allow for lower power consumption and could mean longer battery life in handheld mode.

Reactions: Mike S
For those interested..

Mario+Sonic at 2020 Tokyo Olympics was announced for Switch. It continues the line of a partnership between Nintendo and SEGA, alongside the Olympics; to help promote the occasion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
The sixth Mario & Sonic game since we didn’t get the 2018 winter games.

They actually didn't do the Pyeongchang Olympics, as Ubisoft got the ability to use them for Steep when that came around.

Nothing as of yet for SEGAFes, but things could change in the next few days.

So for this fiscal year.. on exclusives:
  • Mario+Sonic Tokyo Olympics (Nintendo/SEGA)
  • Astral Chain (Nintendo/Platinum Games)
  • Link's Awakening
  • Super Mario Maker II
  • Sword/Shield (Game Freak)
  • Animal Crossing
  • Luigi's Masnion 3
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Intelligent Systems)
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Ninja Theory/Marvel Entertainment)
  • Daemon X Machina (Marvelous)
  • Town (Game Freak)
  • Cadence of Hyrule (Brace Yourself Games/Chunsoft)
And that's not counting other potential titles in the works, depending on how things play out.

And from Triple AAA in the big sense (both in rumors, and facts) as of now:
  • Cuphead (MDHR/XBOX Studios)
  • Ori (THQNordic/XBOX Studios)
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Machine Games)
  • Dragon Quest XIS (Square Enix)
  • Mortal Kombat XI (Netherrealm/Warner Bros)
  • Persona 5S (ATLUS/Sega)

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
They actually didn't do the Pyeongchang Olympics, as Ubisoft got the ability to use them for Steep when that came around.

Nothing as of yet for SEGAFes, but things could change in the next few days.

So for this fiscal year.. on exclusives:
  • Mario+Sonic Tokyo Olympics (Nintendo/SEGA)
  • Astral Chain (Nintendo/Platinum Games)
  • Link's Awakening
  • Super Mario Maker II
  • Sword/Shield (Game Freak)
  • Animal Crossing
  • Luigi's Masnion 3
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Intelligent Systems)
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Ninja Theory/Marvel Entertainment)
  • Daemon X Machina (Marvelous)
  • Town (Game Freak)
  • Cadence of Hyrule (Brace Yourself Games/Chunsoft)
And that's not counting other potential titles in the works, depending on how things play out.

And from Triple AAA in the big sense (both in rumors, and facts) as of now:
  • Cuphead (MDHR/XBOX Studios)
  • Ori (THQNordic/XBOX Studios)
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Machine Games)
  • Dragon Quest XIS (Square Enix)
  • Mortal Kombat XI (Netherrealm/Warner Bros)
  • Persona 5S (ATLUS/Sega)
That’s the 2018 Winter Olympics.