Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Gotcha.

So WCR has yet to go vertical with Summer quickly approaching. In other news, the sky is still blue.

I know it's crazy. I never would have thought that working with Premier Rides again would have brought forth such a screw up. I know they're still pushing for a July opening, but part of me hopes it opens after school returns. That would be a disaster for the park, great for me!

I don't know why anyone would seriously expect to see WCR to be going vertical by now... Just because they have a few track pieces on property, the area itself is nowhere near ready yet. Yes, the park would most definitely want it open in time for their week long 4th of July celebration. Unless a miracle happens over the next 2 1/2 months, I wouldn't hold my breath.

In other news, the old ticket booths at the entrance are completely not in use anymore. Rumor is, they plan to rework the entrance/security checkpoint. I'll believe it, when I see it. For now, if guests want to purchase tickets & whatnot, they have to go to the Will Call Ticket booth or the Membership Pass Service building next to the maingate restrooms. They now have a kiosk booth outside the entrance plaza for guests that want to buy a membership pass. Basically.... the park decided to play musical venues right before the spring break crowds hit. This whole entrance/ticket/security area change should've happened after the holiday season.
3OB5Qmt.jpg

also ...Full Throttle is FINALLY back to operating with two trains...

Six Flags is debuting new wheel types that light up on their coasters, and did so with Tatsu

Just a heads up.... only one train of three on Tatsu has the light-up wheels. Also, the light-up wheels have been present since Fright Fest 2018. The lighting was orange-red.
During the holiday season, the wheels changed between red & green throughout the ride.
Currently, the wheels do the white/blue-multi color scheme seen in the video.

Since only 1 train has the lighted wheels, its been suspected that they're testing it for WCR or adding lighting packages to the severely dark park..

In other news, Jet Stream reopened this week... However, it was 91+ degrees outside & Tidal Wave was closed (again)

Here's a few pics though...
25cROII.jpg

This is the new "Membership Pass" booth outside the park in the old ticket booth plaza (as I mentioned, tickets are now purchased at Will Call/Old Membership Services building past security)

0XA0CQZ.jpg

So they FINALLY made the ugly baby blue construction walls a nice dark navy blue color & it really makes the area look so much cleaner. They've also added some WCR promo to the walls too. As you can see, the midway is severely cracked/broken.. Lets hope they actually close off this area by Jet Stream/Dive Devil and actually repave it. This ground looks terrible.

TwdXa09.jpg

hHUCtvf.jpg

tSphLv2.jpg

Here is a quick look at the construction site
b5aijq7.jpg

s9aRGZc.jpg

DPdTkNq.jpg

The area still looks pretty much the same for the most part... slowly progressing..

1H1zicp.jpg

Here's another look at those mini metal coaster models... They're very cool, but the cheap quality doesn't match the steep $35 price

Lastly... 3 shots of X2 just because....
FbOTvRT.jpg

Z3HiVLf.jpg

AvQdqAO.jpg

Hopefully they fix all that asphalt leading to WCR. But knowing MM, and how they handled the carnival games area, we are looking at patching and paint.

See what I mean that it feels like Tidal Wave is always closed? :grin:

If they're not using the ticket booths anymore, I don't see why the Membership Services can't use it. It's a bizarre choice to have perfectly functioning booths being unused, yet build a temporary booth off to their side. :?:

See what I mean that it feels like Tidal Wave is always closed? :grin:

If they're not using the ticket booths anymore, I don't see why the Membership Services can't use it. It's a bizarre choice to have perfectly functioning booths being unused, yet build a temporary booth off to their side. :?:
The park is trash... I literally have a severe love/hate relationship with it... lol

I honestly have no :x: clue what the hell the park is doing with the maingate entrance... I'd love to see those old ticket booths ripped out, move the security under the iconic white truss archway, put NEW ticket booths where security currently is (OR convert the passholder building (and will call) into a permanent ticketing center but with a proper non-barricade queue).

Another issue the park needs to address.... the tram queue area. People do leave at different times throughout the day, nut just when the park closes. So they have to endure the blazing hot sun. I'd love to see the queue area for the tram to the parking lot get a nice covered canopy similar to what the security checkpoint currently has. It would really be a good thing.

Also, the park really needs to have a permanent sidewalk for teammembers & guests that goes to the corner of X2 where the bus stop is. Once you pass the picnic area, there is no sidewalk for pedestrians to walk to get to the bus stop. You either have to walk in the street OR walk in the rock/dirt landscaping next to the exit road. Its even worse when the park is open past dusk because, just like the park itself... its dark AF!

I hope the park does what Cedar Point did which was rebuild their entrance plaza in 2013. That park’s entrance looks incredible and modern! SFMM being the flagship in its chain, sure does have a horrible entrance plaza.

I hope the park does what Cedar Point did which was rebuild their entrance plaza in 2013. That park’s entrance looks incredible and modern! SFMM being the flagship in its chain, sure does have a horrible entrance plaza.

Honestly, I am hoping (and guessing) that they might go forward with that, for the sake of the 50th coming up in 2 years. More of a guess, but it would make a lot of sense to make changes to areas like the front, that need it the most.

Hey for those of you that frequent this park what should I expect 2 Mondays from now. Would waits be minimum because there are little crowds or does the park tend to run 1 train on a bunch of rides which causes longer waits anyway? Anyone know how long apocalypse is down for?

There should be minimum waits. For the most part, they typically run 2 trains, but it's not a guarantee. Even so, crowds will likely be so low, it shouldn't be a problem. One possible exception: Superman, which can get a bit of a wait even on slow days.

Apocalypse is down until West Coast Racers is built... it's right in the middle of their construction zone. So it'll probably be a few more months at least. On the plus side, there are reports they're doing retracking, so it should hopefully be a pretty good ride when it does return.

Is this a real thing? Or is Parksbros trying to get views?

The entire Six Flags chain is valued at just under 5 billion. Why would a company buy just 3 parks for 5 billion?

Plus Herschend is a private company, they don't have 5 billion to spend without going into crippling debt.

Six Flags looking to buy Herschend theme parks and water parks on the other hand is far more believable.

Herschend has a better future making money running their own parks well and filling a huge gap in the market than selling to six flags.

I would actually be really excited if Herschend buys SFMM (Don't have time to watch the vid). They would care more about building better rides than SFMM's WoRlRd ReCoRd BrEaKiNG RiDeS! YOLO!!!!!!

Is this a real thing? Or is Parksbros trying to get views?

The entire Six Flags chain is valued at just under 5 billion. Why would a company buy just 3 parks for 5 billion?

Plus Herschend is a private company, they don't have 5 billion to spend without going into crippling debt.

Six Flags looking to buy Herschend theme parks and water parks on the other hand is far more believable.

Yeah, I'd see it be the other way around if I'm being completely honest. Either that, or Herschend is buying three of the smaller parks in the Six Flags chain, and ignoring everything else.