Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time would you suggest then?
I got to the da opening when they would let you on property about 5am. This is not that but I would be here at 6 with water and supplies with a friend to hold line for breaks. Probably three hours if they do it as they have before. Probably queue people somewhere further out and pulse them onto the ride. Intemin does not have the best reliability rep and they dont want to make the wrong headlines on opening day

Planning on going opening day... If i got there before 9 would i be able to get a ride in without waiting in a terribly long line?

The answer is no. If you are going opening day you will wait in a “terribly long line” no matter what time you go. 9am isn’t “early” by theme park standards. There will likely be a 2-3 hour line by that point.

It really depends just how much capacity this ride has, and how smoothly it’s running. Rides tend to go down more frequently when they first open as well.

As someone else said, you can either wait before the park opens or in the actual park. The only real difference is you’ll have more time to explore the rest of the park, the earlier you get there.

If you don’t want to wait in a long line, I suggest not going opening day.

Last edited:
So about the "uh-ohs"... Any of our esteemed insiders gonna share what happened post-opening? Part of me hopes it's not a big deal, but a much larger part of me wants it to be like the Gringotts mishap for comedic reasons.
I’m sure it will get out, but it really isn’t a big deal and (from what I’ve heard) never changed the schedule. Basically, softs and previews were never on the table for last week in the first place.

I’m sure it will get out, but it really isn’t a big deal and (from what I’ve heard) never changed the schedule. Basically, softs and previews were never on the table for last week in the first place.
Is there still a chance we may get softs before opening?

Oh yeah. Softs for Memorial Day Weekend was a pipe dream. If they were to do any I'd imagine it'd be next weekend, but it's sounding like we shouldn't hold our breath for anything except June 13th. AP previews would be nice though.

Since we probably won't know what the "uh-oh" was until after opening I'd like to put some guesses down in writing to see if any of them end up being accurate.
  1. One of the drop-tracks activated prematurely before a train was fully locked in place causing minor damage to one of the trains.
  2. The track-switch following the spike experienced a sensor failure and remained in its "forward" state resulting in a train zipping backwards through the fluffy portion of the ride track.
  3. A small electrical fire in the station caused minor damage to theming elements.
  4. The LSMs on the backwards launch after the spike failed to activate causing a train to valley in between the helix and the entrance to the showbuilding

Since we probably won't know what the "uh-oh" was until after opening I'd like to put some guesses down in writing to see if any of them end up being accurate.
  1. One of the drop-tracks activated prematurely before a train was fully locked in place causing minor damage to one of the trains.
  2. The track-switch following the spike experienced a sensor failure and remained in its "forward" state resulting in a train zipping backwards through the fluffy portion of the ride track.
  3. A small electrical fire in the station caused minor damage to theming elements.
  4. The LSMs on the backwards launch after the spike failed to activate causing a train to valley in between the helix and the entrance to the showbuilding

No

My guess.

giphy.gif

I’d almost just like to point out that any of those would be major issues and would have certainly delayed opening.

For the most part all of those are issues that are essentially impossible.

None are true and what is believed to be true is relatively minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.