Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Sounds like it's going to be a real task to get it open in time. Just hope that don't start testing when I'm on vacation in mid November. That might complicate crowds and I'd rather have the more manageable, slow to moderate, crowds that it looks like this land will attract up until RotR opens.

I’m sure some in the company are moving heaven and earth to prevent having to postpone it. Hence not announcing a delay. They’re probably relying on hope at this point.

Anybody heard about this being delayed? Some talk over on Magic and this about sums it up.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Still Dead; Rise of The Resistance Huge Disaster | Cosmic Book News

Interesting read. I'm not sure that queue times are a good indication of anything since Smugglers isn't on FP+. Thus, the line moves. I'm not saying that the land isn't as crowded as expected but just that the comparison isn't wholly accurate. Better guage would be number of riders per day or, if they could get people to scan Magic Bands at the start, they could determine number of first-time or repeat riders. Maybe one other thing to consider is, as others have suggested, that you can't keep raising your prices and arrogantly assume that people will pay just because it's Star Wars.

IF this is going to be delayed again, they better let those guests know ASAP and not at the last minute when there’s no going back. That will really hurt Disney in the long run and will truly show how shady they are.

They’re either being shady, hopeful or just plain ignorant.

I’m sure some in the company are moving heaven and earth to prevent having to postpone it. Hence not announcing a delay. They’re probably relying on hope at this point.

We’re still talking about an opening 3 months from now. If it’s only a week, you’d think they’d be able to get it done on time by working 24/7.

Interesting read. I'm not sure that queue times are a good indication of anything since Smugglers isn't on FP+. Thus, the line moves. I'm not saying that the land isn't as crowded as expected but just that the comparison isn't wholly accurate. Better guage would be number of riders per day or, if they could get people to scan Magic Bands at the start, they could determine number of first-time or repeat riders. Maybe one other thing to consider is, as others have suggested, that you can't keep raising your prices and arrogantly assume that people will pay just because it's Star Wars.

We can discuss it to death and will never get a definitive answer. It’s always going to be a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Priced too high, poor executed, poorly planned, botched opening, bad weather. The list goes on.

They sourced WDWmagic as where they got that info.
Just looked at the two posts they quoted. Neither person is an insider and has no credibility for a story like this to be run imo.

An ACTUAL insider actually said they didn't know about the RotR issues being so deep so as to cause a further delay (MansionButler). If it came from him or Martin, i'd believe it more. This person it came from? Nope.

I think where they’re smoke there is fire, but yeah writing an article based on two posts on a forum make me think they’re looking to fill a narrative and is just poor reporting. *Waves to Ken Storey*

This has become a really bad trend in the media. Even major news outlet's reporters are becoming lazy and basing stories off of twitter posts instead of doing real research. And twitter is mostly a bastion for both the radical left & radical right, and is a troll factory, so it's very unreliable and not really indicative of anything substantial.......except for Bio's air photos.