Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ummmmmm....

Rotating Theater
Trackless RV
“Drop Chamber”
Simulator
It’s stuff we know. It’s all in how you count.

Here are my notes for my Galaxy’s Edge podcast episode in January. I have it listed as 5 ride systems, if you include the shuttle turntable preshow as one as well. Leaving 4 for the ride.

These notes were made before anyone was reporting on the drop sections, and most of the technical info came from my own sources and permits.

Massive spoilers I assume:

6F057297-5797-46E4-AC6A-197851A7F030.jpeg

That’s why I originally compared that segment to Flight of Passage instead of mini Tower of Terror like everyone else ended up doing.

Yeah, it comes across a bit like the drop track for Hagrid's, but a much larger drop then that, not a large drop like ToT.

Reactions: Davey
Here are my notes for my Galaxy’s Edge podcast episode in January. I have it listed as 5 ride systems, if you include the shuttle turntable preshow as one as well. Leaving 4 for the ride.

These notes were made before anyone was reporting on the drop sections, and most of the technical info came from my own sources and permits.

Massive spoilers I assume:

View attachment 10732
So, you're counting the RV (forward/backward) and its gimbal as two different systems? That's how I read this?

Hopefully they have alternative routes to get to things in cause elements break down because thats way too many ride systems and sounds like a complicated mess if one breaks down.

Reactions: faceleg
Hopefully they have alternative routes to get to things in cause elements break down because thats way too many ride systems and sounds like a complicated mess if one breaks down.
Rides like Earthquake, Skull Island, Tower of Terror, and lots more have been doing RVs that drive into other platforms or systems to add additional motion. Heck, Gringotts locks into a section of track that is itself literally a motion base, then continues on like it’s no big deal.

Of course, yea it’s more points of possible failure and could cause breakdowns, but so is having 7 coaster launches lol. Lots of things can go wrong on any ride.

Using Disney's definition then Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion has two ride system. Gringotts would have three.

I get what they're going for but they're making it sound more complex than it really is. It's really well done and advanced versions of things Disney and Universal has done before, all wrapped up into one package. It's more about the illusion than how its done, so if guests walk away wondering how it was all done then that's what matters.

Using Disney's definition then Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion has two ride system. Gringotts would have three.

I get what they're going for but they're making it sound more complex than it really is. It's really well done and advanced versions of things Disney and Universal has done before, all wrapped up into one package. It's more about the illusion than how its done, so if guests walk away wondering how it was all done then that's what matters.

Great point. This is exactly what I'm excited about. I feel the seamless transition between these different systems is where Disney is pushing the ceiling. If they can pull that off in parallel with the exciting action packed story. Damn, I'll be excited to see the results