Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I could be wrong but my source led me to believe single rider will be available, or there is at least a set up for it. Could be wrong however.

I understand not wanting to do the pre shows but experience these pre shows first and see what you think. I think the rey/BB8 could get tedious but everything else is basically a ride, I wouldn't be too worried. There's also so much going on this ride people are going to want to ride it again at least a few times.

Honestly though, all the pre shows are very intricate and important to this experience, so why would they let you skip them? Not meant to be a diss at all but they're not making these rides for the locals who come and vlog every week.

Why is this such a controversial topic? People might want to skip the standing around hearing plot and just get on the ride.

I could be wrong but my source led me to believe single rider will be available, or there is at least a set up for it. Could be wrong however.

I understand not wanting to do the pre shows but experience these pre shows first and see what you think. I think the rey/BB8 could get tedious but everything else is basically a ride, I wouldn't be too worried. There's also so much going on this ride people are going to want to ride it again at least a few times.

Honestly though, all the pre shows are very intricate and important to this experience, so why would they let you skip them? Not meant to be a diss at all but they're not making these rides for the locals who come and vlog every week.

I think calling the shuttle preshow a ride is being very, very generous. It looks like a slightly fancier Gringotts elevator. Not that it's bad, but it's not something I need to experience more than once.

So, Domhnall Gleeson is becoming theme park attraction royalty. He's in this and Gringott's. That's 2 pretty major attractions.

And the POVs have reminded me how much I dislike Adam Driver as an actor.
Or maybe just Kylo as a character? Driver is a pretty good actor. Try and catch Marriage Story on Netflix this weekend. He’s great in it.

Why is this such a controversial topic? People might want to skip the standing around hearing plot and just get on the ride.
Yea, while I agree they may be important to the full experience, and it should exist and be experienced the first time... what does it matter if I want to skip it for re-rides?

Man, I would pay a premium to be able to skip the FoP preshows so I could get in re-rides faster. (I get that that one is helpful to sort guests, but still, it drags my day down.)

I think calling the shuttle preshow a ride is being very, very generous. It looks like a slightly fancier Gringotts elevator. Not that it's bad, but it's not something I need to experience more than once.
Oh yea totally. But I re-ride things dozens of times after the first few, just to see if I can learn how the ride system and effects work. Forbidden Journey's single rider line was a blessing when it first opened. Sure, the castle queue is super awesome, best queue around, but I need to see how those dome screens work and need more re-rides to figure this out!

Yes, those would be considered pre shows by most people. ....But I do like them....though I'm always dope to a good pre show and like re watching them. Heck, even when I'm in the Express line for Kong, I stop to watch the witch doctor show, my fav pre show anywhere.

I mean everyone wants these immersive high tech highly advanced attractions, then we complain about it being too long. Guess you just can’t please everybody. I get it, but I don’t understand why it’s so controversial lol.

That may be fair, with the AAs in there it’s going to make it more fun. I am admittedly a Star Wars geek so this is all wild to me. But in general, complaining about pre shows on re rides from locals is just an odd way to judge an attraction imo. Maybe that’s just me because I don’t get to Orlando often but still. I don’t see it as a major deal.

Isn't seeing all the cool animatronics and video effects inside the shuttle a huge part of the overall experience though? I mean, I get it, but it's not like this is "Pandora" bad pre-show. It looks really good.

I find it funny how several people complained the ride probably wouldn't be long enough, are the same people that want to skip all of the "pre-shows", which is obviously a large part of the experience.

Would you all prefer to skip the stretching room too? Crazy...I guess I don't visit the parks enough to ever be annoyed by this.

That may be fair, with the AAs in there it’s going to make it more fun. I am admittedly a Star Wars geek so this is all wild to me. But in general, complaining about pre shows on re rides from locals is just an odd way to judge an attraction imo. Maybe that’s just me because I don’t get to Orlando often but still. I don’t see it as a major deal.

I mean, I'm not a local.

I'm also not complaining. It's not a bad preshow. It's just something that I'd skip if I could.

I find it funny how several people complained the ride probably wouldn't be long enough, are the same people that want to skip all of the "pre-shows", which is obviously a large part of the experience.

Would you all prefer to skip the stretching room too? Crazy...I guess I don't visit the parks enough to ever be annoyed by this.

I legit have never complained about the ride "not being long enough", so please don't put words in my mouth.

And no, I wouldn't want to skip the stretch room. Because it's the only preshow. I have issues when a ride has preshow after preshow after preshow. It's not a huge deal. I don't think it makes a ride bad, because the ride is what counts. But it's why I prefer to do single rider for Gringotts.

Last edited:
Isn't seeing all the cool animatronics and video effects inside the shuttle a huge part of the overall experience though? I mean, I get it, but it's not like this is "Pandora" bad pre-show. It looks really good.

Yup, and I would do it like 10 times no doubt... and then for the next 90 re-rides I might prefer to skip all the preshows and just enjoy the main attraction. But, I ride things more than most people do, and in a short time span. So even the best preshows start to lose their magic.

Yup, and I would do it like 10 times no doubt... and then for the next 90 re-rides I might prefer to skip all the preshows and just enjoy the main attraction. But, I ride things more than most people do, and in a short time span. So even the best preshows start to lose their magic.

Agreed. Sometimes I don't even bother riding an attraction because I don't want to deal with the pre-show stuff.

As far as Rise - I couldn't help myself. It looks damn impressive.

Watched a few times and can't work out if there are any air effects for the final Kylo scene to make it feel like the room is decompressing, anyone else spot anything? A big woosh of air from behind the ride cars would be amazing!

Well, yeah if you ride anything 90 times I could see how it would get tiring. LOL.

I think the bottom line is the Pre-shows look amazing, and highly integral to the attraction story, so I don't see why anyone would choose to skip it. That's just my opinion though.

Reactions: Andysol
... that no one will write.

It's begun. :lol:

The ride is down at a Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance preview

Well, yeah if you ride anything 90 times I could see how it would get tiring. LOL.

I think the bottom line is the Pre-shows look amazing, and highly integral to the attraction story, so I don't see why anyone would choose to skip it. That's just my opinion though.

It does look amazing. Why would anyone choose to skip it? As you said, "If you ride anything 90 times I could see how it would get tiring". It's a local issue, but a simple, minor gripe nonetheless. No one's trashing the preshow. Simply people wishing they could ride the even more incredible attraction even faster on rerides months from now.

Preliminary it looks like a lot of fun, and that's always my main criteria. Looking at the Attractions POV, the actual ride (not counting the Total Experience with what most would consider pre shows) is apx. 4 1/2 minutes. So, it looks like the original actual ride and pre show times , discussed here previously, were pretty much right on.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I don't think Disney cares about the inconvenience of people who hit an attraction over 90 odd times complaining about preshow.

To me I'd prefer it pushes those people away so those only lucky enough to visit for maybe their only time in their life get a better chance at riding