Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2018 Rumor Thread

I believe Universal will be very active in 2021. That is Disney's 50th anniversary. Universal is something not going to be quiet and let Disney get all of the attention that year.

Unless it is a really big land project Universal doesn't have to make a final decisions on 2021 until next year.

One thing I am curious about is if Universal will continue to build attractions in each park the same year as the new dry park opens.
If they are trying to open the new park in late 2022/2023 then my guess is that the north site gets 1 substantial or huge project in 2021, 1 substantial but not huge project in 2022, and nothing in 2023. I don't see how they can do more than that and still have the resources to get the new park built.

If they are trying to open the new park in late 2022/2023 then my guess is that the north site gets 1 substantial or huge project in 2021, 1 substantial but not huge project in 2022, and nothing in 2023. I don't see how they can do more than that and still have the resources to get the new park built.
Something they can promote without much effort might be a good idea for year without new attractions. Like an update to The Mummy with new effects and replace cup of coffee at the end to freshen it up, just as an example. Revenge of the Mummy 2: More Curse

I won't believe Fear Factor is going away until the entire site is a big empty dirt lot.
Yup. At this point it's a waiting game until something gets demolished until we really know what's coming after the Potter coaster.

Personally, I'm willing to bet this is the lineup:
-2019: Potter Coaster/Bourne
-2020: JPRA redo/New JP Ride
-2021: MoM

My timeline.
-2019: Potter Coaster/Bourne/ Volcano Bay Expansion
-2020: Ministry of Magic/Jurassic Park Revamp and Ride
-2021: Super Nintendo World: Pokemon Phase One
-2022: Shrek 4-D replacement
-2023: Super Nintendo World: Zelda & Pokemon Phase Two, 4th Park and Resort

Isn't Bourne supposed to be open by October 2018 according to a Universal blog post?

If that's not happening, are we convinced that the lagoon show will open in 2018 either?

Isn't Bourne supposed to be open by October 2018 according to a Universal blog post?

If that's not happening, are we convinced that the lagoon show will open in 2018 either?
Not sure where you get 2018? It was always just 2019. No month. Again here is the official press release from when T2 closed:

Terminator 2: 3-D at Universal Studios Florida will run its last shows on Sunday, October 8 to make way for an all-new live action experience based on a high-energy Universal franchise. It will open in 2019. This is one of many exciting new experiences coming to Universal Orlando Resort as we continue our epic growth. Stay tuned – more details will be released soon.

Something they can promote without much effort might be a good idea for year without new attractions. Like an update to The Mummy with new effects and replace cup of coffee at the end to freshen it up, just as an example. Revenge of the Mummy 2: More Curse
Noooo. :freak::rant::enrage: the cup of coffee line is the best line ever. I sometimes ride Mummy just for the ending. :flex:

The plot of that ride is essentially an evil force murdering stage hands just to keep an actor from getting his coffee. Gotta respect his commitment to the gag.
One of the many days I skipped the Express line, since I love experiencing the great Mummy queue, I took my time to read & listen to the entire story of the curse and the ride plot. It's actually very good & worth taking the long time, and it is long, to get the entire backstory.

One of the many days I skipped the Express line, since I love experiencing the great Mummy queue, I took my time to read & listen to the entire story of the curse and the ride plot. It's actually very good & worth taking the long time, and it is long, to get the entire backstory.
On a slow day, ask the greeter for a Mummy production tour. If they have time, they'll spend an hour showing off every single tiny detail in the queue and even on the ride with you. Amazing stuff.

Not sure where you get 2018? It was always just 2019. No month. Again here is the official press release from when T2 closed:

Terminator 2: 3-D at Universal Studios Florida will run its last shows on Sunday, October 8 to make way for an all-new live action experience based on a high-energy Universal franchise. It will open in 2019. This is one of many exciting new experiences coming to Universal Orlando Resort as we continue our epic growth. Stay tuned – more details will be released soon.
Thanks for the quote. Not sure where I got 2018 from!