A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Like I said, I love the idea of new games and interactive stuff at the Disney parks when everything thing major in the parks are in good working order. But they aren't. Well many are, but some aren't. And those "some" need attention more than anyone needs interactive games. I have to give props to Disney thought for these games. This new crop of little tikes are more interested in playing Angry Birds on their iphones or Pokemon Jean and Khaki on the 3DS then they are most anything else. It's "hip" for kids and Disney is smart to lure them in this way.

Nope, never ate there. Knew it was bad and ate somewhere else. Actually most all of the places on their meal deal plan are not the best. I probably still won't eat in the new area as I have other places I go. But it is just a place to eat and a place to buy stuff. Which I also avoid. Basically they are adding a bunch of money makers.

Yes they are adding money makers to a location that formerly exsisted as money makers but were ugly.

T2/3D is FALLING apart and I don't see them doing anything to that ATTRACTION.

Actually yes they are doing something with Terminator. It is going down for a huge referbisment soon. It will be getting brand new 4K projectors and an overall fix up. There is no need to change it since it is still popular, plus not to meant the huge cost involved in make the video in the first place (it is the most expensive movie per minute ever made)

I am not saying what Uni is doing is bad. I think you missed my point where I said I love all 7 parks in Orlando. What I was saying is sometimes people are extra harsh where they don't need to be. Uni works in an area and adds moneymakers instead of spending the money to fix rides and it is OK, but Disney does the same and it is not OK. Perspective.

As I started I love what is coming to Uni and I do think Disney is lagging behind and need to get their crap together. But I don't think adding a Pirate interactive game is a bad step. I think it will target a certain market and will be a huge success in that market. Therefore I have no issues with it.

Disney is not doing the same thing as Universal they are expanding into one demographic, while Universal is spreading out into demographics they once had very little for (simpsons area an example of this). The few rides Disney have added to the mk in the last decade have been targeted at kids and just kids not families, kids. While there other park basically sit there with no new rides for any demo. There is a big difference between the two and who is actually running their parks correctly and who is falling behind. Universal also isn't building tiny attractions and making them sound like their latest E-ticket attraction.

Also the many people saying that they love it because their kids love it is exactly like saying. My kids love throwing food around the house, hence I love it too.

When Universal unveils their Magiquest-style, interactive wand game, though, it will instantly be called a success, a perfect fit for the parks and aimed at all audiences. It will clearly be meant to drive up guest value, not drive up profits by selling more wands.
Pay no attention to the 3 e-tickets and new family coaster behind the curtain..

I personally can't imagine why anyone would not want to play a game instead of ride new attractions..That's why Universal is so unpopular right now

Wasn`t the latest news from the insiders here that Terminator is going to get an extensive refurb soon (including a 4K conversion)

Yep, new audio system, new 4K projectors, a new HD transfer of the original film, total refurb of the effects and a rumored rewrite to the pre show.

And the Simpson's is a vast improvement over the IFFF food court, 2 new bars and a ride for the little ones.

And let's not forget Transformers, and a $500+ million expansion to the cash cow known as Potter.

And if the thing HTF has been hinting at comes through, that is HUGE too.

Then over at IOA, there is a Lagoon Show for 2013 and JP for 2014. And in 2015 the Hogwarts Express comes to town

And Disney has Princess M&Gs and a new Pirate game for 2013. A well themed kiddie coaster in 2014, and Avatar (sometime around 2025). TDO better hope that the Disney Pixie Dusters can shout down the juggernaut that Uni is about to unleash. Oh, I forgot, WDW has a $2+ Billion LPS Tracking Device/Kiddie Datamining/ Vacation Micromanaging Program (Who the F*** thought this was a good investment?) that is being investigated by the US Congress coming.

I see a rough 6-7 years ahead for WDW. Resting on reputation while the competition blows the roof off the joint probably isn't a good business model.

But I am glad your ankle biters LOVE it......for now. Hahahahahaha!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cwoolboy
So what, this is 2 interactive games announced in the past week? Even for WDW, that's pretty over-the-top.

I think what I said was taken the wrong way. I have said I do believe Disney needs to get their crap together and Uni is doing more than Disney. I just think when Disney does add something it shouldn't be met with such harsh criticism.

I also want to say Uni is NOT for all age groups. I can take my 2 year old kids to Disney (MK, AK, & Epcot) and do a TON of stuff. At Uni I am very limited as to what I can do. Especially based on their rules that kids can't ride on your lap. Which I think is dumb, because the same style ride at Disney I can do that. So to say Uni targets all groups is misleading. They target 10+ and Disney targets more on the below 15 and then the parents and grandparents of kids. I don't think it is bad that Uni doesn't have as many kiddie rides as Disney, nor do I think it is bad that Disney does not have as many thrilling rides. But I do think they target different audiences.

Again, I agree Uni is doing WAY more than Disney, I just get frustrated with the negative comments about something that a certain audience will love. Not all audiences will like Transformers. My kids can't ride and neither can my parents. So that leaves people in the middle. And if you have kids, sometimes you are not able to ride these major e-ticket rides because your kids want to do other things and don't want to wait in line for the parents to ride. So I am sure there are some people saying about transformers, sigh.... another ride my family can't enjoy while others are loving it. It is the same with the Pirates interactive game. Some people are saying, wow, my son or daughter is going to really love that Pirate interactive game. That will be something new for them.

I missed the news about T2, glad to hear that because that ride has been sad for a long time now. I remember before I moved down here (moved down here 7 years ago) we were vacationing down here and I went in and half the robots were not working and it was starting to look pretty lame. We don't even really go in unless we have people with us who want to see it and there is never a line.

I think what I said was taken the wrong way. I have said I do believe Disney needs to get their crap together and Uni is doing more than Disney. I just think when Disney does add something it shouldn't be met with such harsh criticism.

I don't think you get the point we are trying to make. The reason Disney gets paid out on is because they have had a lack of attraction for the last decade, then what they seem to be constantly doing to keep interest is building mini games. They then build a new land that is heavily targeted. (Disney's market was never under 15's, it was to be a place for everyone to have fun together). These rides are some of the only rides build in the decade and they will both be far from what Disney needs.

No one has said Universal caters to every market, what we are saying is they have built a larger range of attractions across demographics. Where as Disney have all build attractions that are just in knifes edge of demographics.

So in short
Disney is losing its traditions, adding attraction to only a tiny demographic when the park has been starved of rides, adding constant tiny games to hope to keep attention while spending almost nothing. Investing more money then the amount need to build a fully themed park, on a system that is tracking you and your kids.

Universal. They may not cater for every market 100% but they are at least adding something that every demographic can enjoy.

Also in terms of the lap sitting the rides may seem the same but Universals ride are a bit more extreme (not the best word to use) they either are spinning, or have high speed movements. Disney's rides are more slow paced and very little changes in speed. Its all about safety. Plus kids have been thrown out of the Cat in the Hat. Its the reason they stopped the spinning for a time.

Reactions: Felipe

I also want to say Uni is NOT for all age groups. I can take my 2 year old kids to Disney (MK, AK, & Epcot) and do a TON of stuff. At Uni I am very limited as to what I can do. Especially based on their rules that kids can't ride on your lap. Which I think is dumb, because the same style ride at Disney I can do that. So to say Uni targets all groups is misleading. They target 10+ and Disney targets more on the below 15 and then the parents and grandparents of kids. I don't think it is bad that Uni doesn't have as many kiddie rides as Disney, nor do I think it is bad that Disney does not have as many thrilling rides. But I do think they target different audiences.

Again, I agree Uni is doing WAY more than Disney, I just get frustrated with the negative comments about something that a certain audience will love. Not all audiences will like Transformers. My kids can't ride and neither can my parents. So that leaves people in the middle. And if you have kids, sometimes you are not able to ride these major e-ticket rides because your kids want to do other things and don't want to wait in line for the parents to ride. So I am sure there are some people saying about transformers, sigh.... another ride my family can't enjoy while others are loving it. It is the same with the Pirates interactive game. Some people are saying, wow, my son or daughter is going to really love that Pirate interactive game. That will be something new for them.

I missed the news about T2, glad to hear that because that ride has been sad for a long time now. I remember before I moved down here (moved down here 7 years ago) we were vacationing down here and I went in and half the robots were not working and it was starting to look pretty lame. We don't even really go in unless we have people with us who want to see it and there is never a line.

I am glad your 2 year old will love it. I'm not 2 and I'm not a little girl (Queen maybe, Princess ...um..no!). Why should I be thrilled or excited about ANYTHING WDW has done to the Magic Kingdom in the past 20 years? Just name ONE thing. When I was in college the MK was my favorite park on the planet. Now at 50, I don't even go for free, much less at $87 a day.

I am glad your 2 year old will love it. I'm not 2 and I'm not a little girl (Queen maybe, Princess ...um..no!). Why should I be thrilled or excited about ANYTHING WDW has done to the Magic Kingdom in the past 20 years? Just name ONE thing. When I was in college the MK was my favorite park on the planet. Now at 50, I don't even go for free, much less at $87 a day.

Sorcerers is so cool though! ...I know that sounds sarcastic but I actually like that game.

Be Our Guest is worthwhile.

Sorcerers is so cool though! ...I know that sounds sarcastic but I actually like that game.
I haven't done Sorcerers. I did Kim Possible twice. I haven't been to the MK except for Cast Previews of the New Fantasyland since Sorcerers debuted but I am really not interested in holding up a card to a TV. And it certainly wouldn't entice me to spend $85 to get in to try it. Heck, I bought the new WiiU for my kids for Christmas and I haven't turned it on once.

I am kind of weird in that I like new attractions aimed at me for MY theme park budgeted money. I'll let others drop a couple a hundred on admission to watch their toddlers smile. That's fine. But don't expect me to be thrilled with this kind of thing.

I haven't done Sorcerers. I did Kim Possible twice. I haven't been to the MK except for Cast Previews of the New Fantasyland since Sorcerers debuted but I really am not interested in holding up a card to a TV. And it certainly wouldn't entice me to spend $85 to get in to try it. I am kind of weird in that I like new attractions aimed at me for MY theme park budgeted money. I'll let others drop a couple a hundred on admission to watch their toddlers smile. That's fine. But don't expect me to be thrilled with this kind of thing.

Well, I can't argue with you. If I had to pay for tickets to pretty much any park short of Cedar Point, I would never attend. And certainly not for a card game. Or some lamo Little Mermaid (my least favorite princess of all time) dark ride. That said, the artwork on the cards is worth the effort collecting them should you ever find yourself in the parks for free. That that said said, I can get you in if you want to get some :)

- - - Updated - - -

...cards, I mean.

Well, I can't argue with you. If I had to pay for tickets to pretty much any park short of Cedar Point, I would never attend. And certainly not for a card game. Or some lamo Little Mermaid (my least favorite princess of all time) dark ride. That said, the artwork on the cards is worth the effort collecting them should you ever find yourself in the parks for free. That that said said, I can get you in if you want to get some :)

- - - Updated - - -

...cards, I mean.
Yeah, We (My 12 year old daughter and myself. My 16 year old daughter declined the offer to go to the MK) got comped in for the cast member previews of New Fantasyland. We rode Mermaid twice (I couldn't convince my daughter into a 3rd trip "Under the Sea", I wanted to get some pics of the painfully obvious AC Ducts, Lighting Rigs, and Broken Effects), Tried a LaFrou's Brew and a Pork Shank, Walked through Be our Guest and waved off the 50 min. line for Belle's. Done in about an hour. Then we hit Space, HM, Splash, BTMRR, then hit PotC to check out the new Mermaid effect. The flashy underwater lights and mermaid skeleton were the highlight of the day. Then we left. 4 hours total and we were ready to leave.

I can't imagine that this Pirate Adventure would have extended our stay.

Last edited:
Yeah, We (My 12 year old daughter and myself) got comped in for the cast member previews of New Fantasyland. We rode Mermaid twice (I couldn't convince my daughter into a 3rd trip "Under the Sea", I wanted to get some pics of the painfully obvious AC Ducts, Lighting Rigs, and Broken Effects), Tried a LaFrou's Brew and a Pork Shank, Walked through Be our Guest and waved off the 50 min. line for Belle's. Done in about an hour. Then we hit Space, HM, Splash, BTMRR, then hit PotC to check out the new Mermaid effect. The flashy underwater lights and mermaid skeleton were the highlight of the day. Then we left. 4 hours total and we were ready to leave.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, We (My 12 year old daughter and myself) got comped in for the cast member previews of New Fantasyland. We rode Mermaid twice (I couldn't convince my daughter into a 3rd trip "Under the Sea", I wanted to get some pics of the painfully obvious AC Ducts, Lighting Rigs, and Broken Effects), Tried a LaFrou's Brew and a Pork Shank, Walked through Be our Guest and waved off the 50 min. line for Belle's. Done in about an hour. Then we hit Space, HM, Splash, BTMRR, then hit PotC to check out the new Mermaid effect. The flashy underwater lights and mermaid skeleton were the highlight of the day. Then we left. 4 hours total and we were ready to leave.

I only go to the parks when I'm getting people comped or have a specific mission. Or when I want a Dole Whip.

The only Park Admission Media I will actually pay money for these days is Uni APs and HHN passes. I got comped into DHS to see the Star Tours upgrade. I got comped into Epcot's F&W. And got comped in for the FLE Cast Previews. I haven't been to Sea World in 2 years. But I would consider it if they run one of those "buy a day get the rest of the year for free" deals they used to run.

The only Park Admission Media I will actually pay money for these days is Uni APs and HHN passes. I got comped into DHS to see the Star Tours upgrade. I got comped into Epcot's F&W. And got comped in for the FLE Cast Previews. I haven't been to Sea World in 2 years. But I would consider it if they run one of those "buy a day get the rest of the year for free" deals they used to run.

Seaworld is doing that deal right now, actually. I've never paid for APs buuut a friend just gave me a free AP for Universal so I'm pretty happy about that. After last years HHN though I'm not sure I'll do that again. Anyway, you have me in your pocket if you ever you need a comp. For whatever its worth.

The fun cards are back.

I will have to think about that fun card deal. I just checked it out and may consider the $149 SeaWorld/Busch Gardens version.

Never knew there was a Sea World and Busch Gardens Fun Card combined thing. Considering I haven't been to Sea World in 10 years(!) and have never been to Duff, I mean Busch Gardens I might get this.