Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas

If Simpsons was all Universal was doing right now I don't think anyone would be praising them like we are now. But the Simpsons is just icing to the cake, basically turning pathway into a highly themed zone. Not to mention all the other cool stuff :lol:.

And if you plan on going to Seaworld/Busch Gardens 3-4 times a year, then the pass has way more value than the Fun card.

I only go to the parks when I'm getting people comped or have a specific mission. Or when I want a Dole Whip.

Cast member trick: Park at the Polynesian, say you're going to Captain Cook's (you're not lying, so it's all good). Go into the resort, and go to Captain Cook's. Use your ID for a 20% discount on Dole Whips that you make yourself with bigger cups than they use in the MK. :thumbs:

Can't tell you how many times I've done that.

If Simpsons was all Universal was doing right now I don't think anyone would be praising them like we are now. But the Simpsons is just icing to the cake, basically turning pathway into a highly themed zone. Not to mention all the other cool stuff :lol:.

And if you plan on going to Seaworld/Busch Gardens 3-4 times a year, then the pass has way more value than the Fun card.

Get one pass and the rest fun cards, discounts and free parking with the pass in both parks will pay for the difference easily.

I am not saying what Uni is doing is bad. I think you missed my point where I said I love all 7 parks in Orlando. What I was saying is sometimes people are extra harsh where they don't need to be. Uni works in an area and adds moneymakers instead of spending the money to fix rides and it is OK, but Disney does the same and it is not OK. Perspective.

With Simpsons, Universal is improving its theming, and yes, adding money-makers which keep the resort thriving. Disney, with their interactive games, is ruining its theming and adding something that does not seem to be as profitable / impactful; Disney is not putting out a real improvement here.

I think what I said was taken the wrong way. I have said I do believe Disney needs to get their crap together and Uni is doing more than Disney. I just think when Disney does add something it shouldn't be met with such harsh criticism.

Crap should be criticized for being crap... if Universal does something craptastic, like replace the car on the Hard Rock with a stupid giant fugly guitar, they get crap too. The problem is that most of what TDO is putting out nowadays is crap. There's no bias either way… They're each just reaping what they sow.

I will have to think about that fun card deal. I just checked it out and may consider the $149 SeaWorld/Busch Gardens version.

I thought about that, then went with the dual AP ($199). The $50 difference is worth it, since what's saved with parking and discounts is more than $50 in the long run.

Interactive games are meant to be the time-killers of NexGen. While people aren't in line for regular stand-bys, FastPass+, and even regular FastPass, they will be playing this relatively affordable, scripted, big time killer, and line free games. I expect every park to have atleast two when it's said and done.

I think that is the long term plan. I don't think that will happen for a while, and I think there will be a transition period where physical FastPasses don't exist, but FastPasses on RFID cards will.
I honestly believe we'll still see physical FP's going into 2014. They can't seem to get this system working with relatively small test groups. Until they can get the system stable enough to work with everyone that enters, I highly doubt physical FP's will disappear.

what exactly is this though, i'm a bit confused, is it a big area with games where you're a pirate ship shooting or is it supposed to be like a Sorcerer's but generally in the Pirates area?

I think that is the long term plan. I don't think that will happen for a while, and I think there will be a transition period where physical FastPasses don't exist, but FastPasses on RFID cards will.

i agree, but it'll take years before Disney's there. people will think it's too expensive doing it digitally for a long time.

what exactly is this though, i'm a bit confused, is it a big area with games where you're a pirate ship shooting or is it supposed to be like a Sorcerer's but generally in the Pirates area?

No, it's more like the World Showcase game. Walk from one effect to another completely some sort of task.

I went there today and saw these new scenes over to the left of Pirates
I spoke to a very nice cast member who said they put them in over his day off.
See the black powder on the wooden plank? That has fiber optics that make it look like the powder is burning.
PLZLD5Q.jpg

1Z0BPgz.jpg

GEfvjzg.jpg

CdF8Io0.jpg

More and more clutter. More visual pollution. They kill and remove the effects that were designed-in like crafted fountains, open-air courtyards, cannons firing, to only backfill them with dollar store chintz. Hopefully they will find time to update their $34.99 imagineering guide with some real involved back-stories on this stuff. I am surprised all the FP+ equipment and signage doesn't have their own backstory too.

Good thing they have the money to fix all the broken speakers in the ride, ohh wait, yeah.........

you mean like this?
FPQgqV2.jpg

I took special notice today of how many fountains are now planters.
There are more than you might think.

it actually looks like it adds to the area around Pirates to me :shrug:

then again i haven't been to MK since last year. a lot has changed in the last several months, i don't actually know how it looks in person.