Andor | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Andor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With everything going on with preparing for this hurricane I totally forgot that a new episode came out today. Will have to watch later.

Reactions: belloq87
Finally watched this week’s episode and just another great piece of content. I do wish that these were dropped in batches of three because I want to get to the heist, but, the writing is so top notch, the costume design, the directorial choices, etc.

If you’re a Star Wars fan and are watching shows like BoBF and Obi-Wan and skipping out on this, you’re doing it wrong. Honestly, you don’t even need to be a Star Wars fan to enjoy this show which is its greatest strength.

Finally watched this week’s episode and just another great piece of content. I do wish that these were dropped in batches of three because I want to get to the heist, but, the writing is so top notch, the costume design, the directorial choices, etc.

If you’re a Star Wars fan and are watching shows like BoBF and Obi-Wan and skipping out on this, you’re doing it wrong. Honestly, you don’t even need to be a Star Wars fan to enjoy this show which is its greatest strength.

That's where I am at. Watched the first episode and I think I'm done. The show is fine but I'm just bored of Star Wars.

Reactions: tielo
That's where I am at. Watched the first episode and I think I'm done. The show is fine but I'm just bored of Star Wars.
See to me, this doesn’t quite feel like Star Wars as we’ve normally seen it and I mean that in a good way. It feels like a show like House Of Cards, The Americans, The West Wing, or the Bourne Trilogy.

This is a Political Spy Thriller over everything. I’d say maybe just let the series release and then binge it? So far it’s definitely worth it imo. Feels nothing like what we’ve seen outside of Rogue One from Star Wars and they really go the extra mile with the writing to make each character interesting and nuanced, no matter what side they are on.

And because this is a prequel to a movie where everyone dies, you know that there’s gonna be a big body count from actual main characters in this show, which gives it real stakes and as a viewer you sort of neverknow what’s going to happen, which actually makes one of these Disney+ shows truly interesting.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Another very solid episode, but again, this is why i'd prefer they drop the show in batches of threes. It seems clear to me that the first two episodes of each batch of three are going to be slow burns and very character focused and then build up to a big action filled episode in the final episode of each batch of three (Episode three had a lot of action and episode six is set up to be an action packed episode now, too).

I really love that we're getting to see a lot of the stuff that we're seeing in this show and it really is making you think not just about the pew pew and laser swords of it all, but the every day people. The character development is so needed for a show like this because we already know Cassian (and Mon Mothma, Saw Gerrera, etc) survive.

It's important to really feel a connection with the newer characters and feel invested in their stories. Characters like Luthan, Syril, the whole heist team, and the female imperial officer that they keep focusing on. We know how this will all end for select characters, but getting you invested in these other stories is something that takes skill as a writer when working on a prequel story.

I'm glad to see this getting some love. It's a darker take vs. most of the movies' tone. I'm only 2 episodes in (we watch our shows slowly), but I'm loving every bit of it. The show does so much for the world building and shows that you can have interesting content beyond easter eggs and references.

Last edited:
If you are going to watch them slowly i suggest watching them in blocks of 3 at a time as supposedly thats how the series is designed with 3 eps being their own mini arc of sorts.

Reactions: Nick
Yeah, last episode was fine. Like acting wise its great but story wise, it was slow
It's how this show is paced. Four mini arcs of three episodes that fit together. First two episodes in the mini-arc are slower and build toward a climactic episode which ends the mini-arc. Just like Episode three was action packed, I expect Episode six, nine and twelve to be the same.

The writing is so on point and has completely made this series great imo (on top of the performances). Maybe it's just me, but I like watching some of this more mundane stuff in the Star Wars universe rather than it always being about the pew pew.

It's how this show is paced. Four mini arcs of three episodes that fit together. First two episodes in the mini-arc are slower and build toward a climactic episode which ends the mini-arc. Just like Episode three was action packed, I expect Episode six, nine and twelve to be the same.

The writing is so on point and has completely made this series great imo (on top of the performances). Maybe it's just me, but I like watching some of this more mundane stuff in the Star Wars universe rather than it always being about the pew pew.
Agreed but also....Disney could then literally just have them come out in pods if they cared about that (I know they dont)

Not complaining but just being fair, while I love the acting and writing this last episode felt slow to me, and I agree I'd take this slow over Obi Wan any day of the the week

Agreed but also....Disney could then literally just have them come out in pods if they cared about that (I know they dont)

Not complaining but just being fair, while I love the acting and writing this last episode felt slow to me, and I agree I'd take this slow over Obi Wan any day of the the week
Oh yeah, 100%. I’ve said it every week that this feels like it should come out in four batches. That’s on Disney though, I’m not gonna knock the show itself for Disney messing up the ideal way to release this show.

Each mini arc is basically like a 1.5-2 hour movie each with what should feel like a satisfying climactic episode at the end of each episode.

Honestly, I’d just recommend letting episodes build up each time if you are finding it hard to get into some of these slower episodes. I think we’re gonna see a decent amount of deaths next week.

Oh yeah, 100%. I’ve said it every week that this feels like it should come out in four batches. That’s on Disney though, I’m not gonna knock the show itself for Disney messing up the ideal way to release this show.

Each mini arc is basically like a 1.5-2 hour movie each with what should feel like a satisfying climactic episode at the end of each episode.

Honestly, I’d just recommend letting episodes build up each time if you are finding it hard to get into some of these slower episodes. I think we’re gonna see a decent amount of deaths next week.
I mean my thoughts are this...I can think an episode is slow but the overall story is amazing.

This show reminds me of Wanda Vision. I think it will be a better show when its all over

Reactions: Nick
I mean my thoughts are this...I can think an episode is slow but the overall story is amazing.

This show reminds me of Wanda Vision. I think it will be a better show when its all over
Oh yeah totally. I love each episode so far. This is a show made by adults and for adults.

This show wouldn’t feel out of place at all on HBO, which is probably the highest praise you can give the show, especially given how piss poor BoBF and Obi-Wan were.

This episode was fantastic. This show is putting the WAR back in Star Wars in a triumphant way. It does kinda bum me out that less people are probably watching this show than BoBF and Obi-Wan though. People are missing out on a great show.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
I've seen nothing but praise for this episode.

Disney needs to put ads out NOW for this show. Every Star Wars/Geeky Youtube Channel needs trailers for this show with the reviews its getting from fans/reviewers

The Star Wars/Geeky youtube channels wont do that, means they cant bitch and complain about how Disney are ruining Star Wars, how the story is weak and the CGI and effects are sub par. I swear some of them are blind or have really crappy screens when they complain about the effects or just do it cos it makes them sound cool and clever (it does not)

The Star Wars/Geeky youtube channels wont do that, means they cant bitch and complain about how Disney are ruining Star Wars, how the story is weak and the CGI and effects are sub par. I swear some of them are blind or have really crappy screens when they complain about the effects or just do it cos it makes them sound cool and clever (it does not)
Could be wrong but I'm taking about Auto Ads and Disney could easily get Youtube to add those to all geeky YT channels and also on their own movie ads for stuff like BP2 and Avatar 2.

I've seen nothing but praise for this episode.

Disney needs to put ads out NOW for this show. Every Star Wars/Geeky Youtube Channel needs trailers for this show with the reviews its getting from fans/reviewers
The problem is that Star Wars channels aren't covering Andor. Why? The "main characters" aren't in this show (as one youtuber put it) and there's little to no easter eggs for them to break down. I also get that this is a slower paced show so after every episode, sometimes there simply isn't going to be a whole ton to talk about because a lot of it is the set up.

But to me who cares. If you are a full grown adult covering Star Wars and find this too boring because there's no C-3P0, Skywalkers, animated characters (which actually isn't fully true as Saw Gerrera will be in the show eventually), or Easter Eggs.

If that stuff is your reason for not liking it, I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding of what Star Wars is within the fan base. I hate the notion of "Luke IS Star Wars" because while the movies have revolved around the Skywalkers so far, they've only done that by choice. We're talking about an absolutely massive galaxy.

We could go years with new Star Wars content and never hear the word "Skywalker" again. Wouldn't it be fun to have a more diverse character set and more fleshed out Universe that doesn't center around them? I loved the Luke cameo at the end of Season 2 of Mando at the time. It felt like a fun one off. I'm not as fond on it now that they brought him back in BoBF as now that people know it's possible to have him as a recurring character, I feel it may become a bit like a Snyderverse situation where Disney just starts giving an angry mob of fans want, thinking that it'll make them shut up.

The way Andor oozes with risk and ambition, with some of the best shot compositions and character preformances in the entire Disney run (not even talking just D+) feels so positively fantastic.

Requires people to be in the mindset to watch events unfold over time, but it reminds you why the slow and methodical approach allows them to go nuts on just how much can be done.

Also love just how non-wanting it is to have legacy characters outside of Mon, Andor, and eventually Saw. He'll, K2SO got pushed to Season 2 as Gilroy didn't see sense for him to show. It feels like we're able to see events as it can, and to not be held onto by a hand by a parent.

So I watched this episode a second time tonight and had a thought...
I wonder if Cassian is going to go off with a new group again during this next story arc? We completely left behind his former group from the first arc so it just makes me wonder.
The way Andor oozes with risk and ambition, with some of the best shot compositions and character preformances in the entire Disney run (not even talking just D+) feels so positively fantastic.

Requires people to be in the mindset to watch events unfold over time, but it reminds you why the slow and methodical approach allows them to go nuts on just how much can be done.

Also love just how non-wanting it is to have legacy characters outside of Mon, Andor, and eventually Saw. He'll, K2SO got pushed to Season 2 as Gilroy didn't see sense for him to show. It feels like we're able to see events as it can, and to not be held onto by a hand by a parent.
Yup, this is not just Disney+'s best shows of the year, but best shows of the year for Disney in general (including all networks, Hulu, etc.) and i'd go as far as to say this is one of the most thrilling and captivating shows of the year period. Name whatever you think the best drama's of the year are be it HBO's Succession, Barry, and House of the Dragon, Apple TV's Severance, Hulu's The Old Man and The Bear, and Ozark and Stranger Things from Netflix. Andor can hold its own next to all of them.

Also quickly, this has been a great year for Ebon Moss-Bachrach, who portrayed Skeen. He was great as a supporting lead in The Bear and commanded the screen every time time he spoke in Andor.