Andor | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Andor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
@Nick
Thinking the next batch of episodes will be going further into what the Manifesto signifies; and how Saw and the Rebellion begin to be shaped by the Manifesto (I'd also imagine the political ramifications of the heist comes to place).

Highly agree that Andor's quality feels like the gold standard of what D+'s shows should strive for going forward. With rumors that Marvel Studios is transitioning to Special Presentations for Introductions, I am hoping shows going forward strive for what Tony Gilroy and the entire group of directors and crew have done.

Yeah, that was basically a perfect episode. Tense, great acting, the beautiful event.

I doubt it but this planet/star event would be amazing in Star Tours as well

Reactions: LieutLaww
Yeah, that was basically a perfect episode. Tense, great acting, the beautiful event.

I doubt it but this planet/star event would be amazing in Star Tours as well
I was thinking that the launch/escape would be perfect for Star Tours as well, but the latest rumor for an update was for them to focus on a Mandalorian version for Season 3. Maybe Andor could get a version before Season 2 in 2024?

@Nick
With rumors that Marvel Studios is transitioning to Special Presentations for Introductions, I am hoping shows going forward strive for what Tony Gilroy and the entire group of directors and crew have done.
That would be a game changer if true. Focus on higher quality, less filler. Also, if Werewolf By Night is anything to go by, i'm sure the budget for a a Special Presentation is minuscule compared to how much a single episode of a series costs. Most shows are costing Disney $150M each to make.

If you can trim introductory character story's down to just 50-60 minutes, make it higher quality and give a budget maximum of $20M, you're saving an incredible amount of money on what otherwise would probably be an elongated series and probably feel like it had too much filler.

As to Andor, the only odd thing i'll note is that there's a weird inconsistency in their normal three episode block schedule with the show this coming week Benjamin Caron direct the first of his three episodes next week and then directs the penultimae episode and season finale. Stephen Schiff is writing his only episode of the season next week as well before we then get three from Toby Haynes directing and Beau Willimon writing.

Last edited:
Seriously, This show is the biggest surprise of the year for me.

I was not excited /at all/ about the prospect of this show. For me, Rogue One being largely "alright', and by default being basically the best Disney Star Wars film, Andor , I had no interest in.

Now, I find myself dreading the end of each episode because I simply want more.

Reactions: Nick
Seriously, This show is the biggest surprise of the year for me.

I was not excited /at all/ about the prospect of this show. For me, Rogue One being largely "alright', and by default being basically the best Disney Star Wars film, Andor , I had no interest in.

Now, I find myself dreading the end of each episode because I simply want more.
Yup, and everything is really starting to come together now, especially the stuff regarding Syril Karn and the ISB officers looking for Andor, and what seems to be another big episode next week where i'm expecting we'll see a prison break along with the death of Andor's adoptive mother while Vel and Cinta continue to look for Andor on Ferrix and his mother's health continues to decline (along with the increased amount of rebel activity on Ferrix).

I'm glad we have a second season since we're still 5 years out from Rogue One so that this series will take us right up to where Andor's story begins in Rogue One (and the state that the galaxy is in during Rogue One) since i'm loving this show so much. I was always way more pumped for this than most as I saw a lot of hope just in the set pictures and knowing they weren't going to use the volume. Glad it turned out so well.

Yup, and everything is really starting to come together now, especially the stuff regarding Syril Karn and the ISB officers looking for Andor, and what seems to be another big episode next week where i'm expecting we'll see a prison break along with the death of Andor's adoptive mother while Vel and Cinta continue to look for Andor on Ferrix and his mother's health continues to decline (along with the increased amount of rebel activity on Ferrix).

I'm glad we have a second season since we're still 5 years out from Rogue One so that this series will take us right up to where Andor's story begins in Rogue One (and the state that the galaxy is in during Rogue One) since i'm loving this show so much. I was always way more pumped for this than most as I saw a lot of hope just in the set pictures and knowing they weren't going to use the volume. Glad it turned out so well.

After this string of episodes I'm a bit bummed about their planned 2 season approach.

It should still be a limited series, but another season or 2 before Rogue One might be a great thing. I don't think another 4 episodes and one more season of a "highlight reel" of the 5 years before Rogue One can fill out Andor's story. There's much more development we can see this character through, if they wanted to. I'm also digging the "behind the scenes" world building with the empire, That kind of story could get old, but I think they could easily pull another season out of it.

I think Andor's mom told us exactly how she's going out. Either that, or we know how hopefully, Bix escapes. Either way, I don't think she's lost the plot like they seem to imply, I think we're about to find out a lot more about that character, hopefully.

After this string of episodes I'm a bit bummed about their planned 2 season approach.

It should still be a limited series, but another season or 2 before Rogue One might be a great thing. I don't think another 4 episodes and one more season of a "highlight reel" of the 5 years before Rogue One can fill out Andor's story. There's much more development we can see this character through, if they wanted to. I'm also digging the "behind the scenes" world building with the empire, That kind of story could get old, but I think they could easily pull another season out of it.

I think Andor's mom told us exactly how she's going out. Either that, or we know how hopefully, Bix escapes. Either way, I don't think she's lost the plot like they seem to imply, I think we're about to find out a lot more about that character, hopefully.
Yeah, I'd actually prefer it if a Season 2 covered Years 4 and 3 BBY and then they did a third and final season that was 2 and 1 year BBY. Season 2 is gonna be rushed I feel.

I would be down for them to add more episodes and have a season 2....and then season 3 which leads into Rogue One

Also the prison he is in....just like hell on earth. Scary then any horror film I've seen this year...just a hopeless place you go to work yourself to death

I would be down for them to add more episodes and have a season 2....and then season 3 which leads into Rogue One

Also the prison he is in....just like hell on earth. Scary then any horror film I've seen this year...just a hopeless place you go to work yourself to death
It's too late now. They start filming Season 2 next month, so it's really far too late to change the Season 2 structure and scripts at this point.

It's too late now. They start filming Season 2 next month, so it's really far too late to change the Season 2 structure and scripts at this point.
I can only hope the writers get to do another show based on based on after a new hope and show how bad the empire gets when it’s cornered against a wall

I can only hope the writers get to do another show based on based on after a new hope and show how bad the empire gets when it’s cornered against a wall
What i'd like is a show prior to The Force Awakens that's sort of a Knights of Ren show tbh. Show Ben not only make the turn to be a villain, but put the forces together to form the First Order and rise to power.

It was a trilogy with a bad ending, but I do feel like it could make for an interesting show.

Reactions: MrBlonde
What i'd like is a show prior to The Force Awakens that's sort of a Knights of Ren show tbh. Show Ben not only make the turn to be a villain, but put the forces together to form the First Order and rise to power.

It was a trilogy with a bad ending, but I do feel like it could make for an interesting show.
I'd like that as well.....but not sure if this style of writing would work as well for that.

I'd want to see the tone of the Asoka show...because that would be better for the Knights of Ren....but would not mind seeing the first order rising and seeing Lando daughter story told with these writers

Just got caught up and... I *love* this.

So many thing have missed the mark after the first two movies, and this doesn't even try to hit a mark. Completely different.

I love deliberate, paced, direction. Breaking Bad, Saul, Mr. Robot. This is not as good writing as any of those, but that direction. Dare I reference The Shining.

I can watch slow, every day, Star Wars all day.

And how about those magnetic hand cuffs!

Just watched Episode 9 and I just can't say enough how great this show is and i'm just so happy we have one more season of it to enjoy after this. The way the show constantly keeps you feeling tense and is portraying the Empire with the most realistic sense of evil we've ever seen (or at least since ESB).

The Nazi Germany themes were very strong in this episode with the Empire side of the story and in many respects, especially with some things that happen in this episode, it's sort of surprising that Disney gave this a green light. I'm glad they did though and hopefully it will convince them that there's an appetite for more adult skewing content on Disney+ period, especially in the US where we don't have the Star brand.

Seeing Andy S just killing it....got the sequels wasted so many people's talents
7 & 8 were solid enough additions, but 9 took the whole thing down with it and it was all because they never had an overarching plan.

I hope once Andor is finished, Disney releases a Rogue One directors cut. Supposedly a lot got cut that was deemed “too dark” at the time. I like Rogue One a lot, but if there's a cut that could make the movie even better, i'd watch it.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
There is no way the star war’s YT channels can ignore this show

I don’t see any one hating on it besides some people who find it “slow”