Andor | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Andor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Genuinely sucks that we now have to wait about two years from today's episode to Season 2.

Gimme more now.
I agree but can also wait for this kinda quality.

I just hope Disney can give us more from this team....love to see Shadows of the Empire time done in a series from these guys and also the rise of the First Order.

As for the Finale it was great, one of the most realistic kinda fight for this ending episode, reminds me of many similar situations that have happened in the past 5 years world wide here on earth

Absolutely loved it - best Star Wars 'thing' Disney have done since buying the franchise.

Absolutely loved it - best Star Wars 'thing' Disney have done since buying the franchise.
Mando, Rogue One and Clone Wars Finale season.....well excuse us

(I do think Andor is amazing but think Mando is still the perfect mix of drama, action, adventure and characters that I'd love to see more again in the Star Wars films)

This needs a season 3, perhaps if season 2 is supposed to feature several time jumps, they can fill in the blanks a bit more and delay the later half of season 2. Wishful thinking, but really, 2 seasons of this show is not enough.

This needs a season 3, perhaps if season 2 is supposed to feature several time jumps, they can fill in the blanks a bit more and delay the later half of season 2. Wishful thinking, but really, 2 seasons of this show is not enough.
I’m pretty sure season 3 is Rogue One.

Yes season 2 covers around 3 or 4 years i think they said with the end of season 2 directly leading into Rogue One which then leads into A New Hope

Season 2 is supposed to have Four time jumps.

Three episodes per jump. The first three episodes will be one year post the Season Finale; with the final episode apparently on Yavin 4 before Rogue One begins.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Season 2 is supposed to have Four time jumps.

Three episodes per jump. The first three episodes will be one year post the Season Finale; with the final episode apparently on Yavin 4 before Rogue One begins.

Yeah, I'm hoping with each of those time jumps perhaps we can get some expanded story in the future. Again, wishful thinking but really, I don't know if I'll personally be satiated by 2 seasons. Either way, I hope we see more star wars like this.

It wont happen....but would love a special or something where Andor helps set up Hera and Kanon for their journey on Lothal

I was slow on finishing the last few episodes as the time just wasn't there too often the past few weeks. Episode 11 was fine although I have to admit it certainly wasn't my favorite of the series by far and for a penultimate episode, I did come away slightly underwhelmed.

However. Holy crap did that finale deliver literally everything. The worst part is as @AlexanderMBush said is that we have to wait two years to see Season 2 and now all the pieces are in motion and i'm expecting everything to really speed up with Season 2 sort of fast tracking things a bit with every three episode arc representing one year BBY all the way up until we catch up to Rogue One.

I know the viewing numbers weren't the best for this show, but I hope it gets nominated for a bunch of awards and that sparks new interest and viewers to the show that otherwise may not have checked it out. This is no joke one of the best shows of the year imo and I hope it is recognized as such.

Honestly it's kind of why I really hope Kathleen, Tony, and Iger are considering continuing the "Rebellion" storyline past Season two. Even if it'd be a different show altogether, I really would not mind a Mon Mothma storyline leading her and a recasted Leia tackling Post-War Rebellion as they begin to change to the New Republic we get to see in Mandalorian. Even if it'd be a more "Limited" series; I would not mind seeing more from the political dogma of the Rebellion forces going forward in a way treated like this.

I'd also not mind them setting up a Rogue 2 film (i know it wont be called that) but we know they had to steal plans during episode 5 time. So a show leading up to a movie about the heist would be very welcome

I'd also not mind them setting up a Rogue 2 film (i know it wont be called that) but we know they had to steal plans during episode 5 time. So a show leading up to a movie about the heist would be very welcome
There's limited ways where you can go after Andor since Andor literally leads straight up to Rogue One, but exploring Rogue Two is interesting if they did want to continue things in the "Rogue" universe. I don't really think it's fully necessary because Andor/Rogue One will have completed what should be a political thriller trilogy of sorts.

Of course, if Gilroy wants to make another new Star Wars political thriller with another set of basically completely original characters, then that would be another chance.

There's limited ways where you can go after Andor since Andor literally leads straight up to Rogue One, but exploring Rogue Two is interesting if they did want to continue things in the "Rogue" universe. I don't really think it's fully necessary because Andor/Rogue One will have completed what should be a political thriller trilogy of sorts.

Of course, if Gilroy wants to make another new Star Wars political thriller with another set of basically completely original characters, then that would be another chance.
It doesn’t have to be sequel show

just showing the politics of the Death Star being destroyed and the fall out. Along with the second one being built and a movie about the team that died getting the location of the second Death Star

Reactions: youhow2
It doesn’t have to be sequel show

just showing the politics of the Death Star being destroyed and the fall out. Along with the second one being built and a movie about the team that died getting the location of the second Death Star
Well it obviously can't be a sequel to Rogue One since everyone died :lol:

But following Rogue Two isn't the worst idea I guess.

Well it obviously can't be a sequel to Rogue One since everyone died :lol:

But following Rogue Two isn't the worst idea I guess.
Or a New hope...lol

What I'd like to see if a sequel in terms of where Mon and the Rebels are after the Death Star, along with the Empire like the ISB lead that into a new Rogue 2 movie or whatever they call it, then do another series showing the fall out of the Empire slowly dying and the New Republic becoming the new government.

Hopefully by then (6-8 years from now) we have new time periods to cover

Or a New hope...lol

What I'd like to see if a sequel in terms of where Mon and the Rebels are after the Death Star, along with the Empire like the ISB lead that into a new Rogue 2 movie or whatever they call it, then do another series showing the fall out of the Empire slowly dying and the New Republic becoming the new government.

Hopefully by then (6-8 years from now) we have new time periods to cover
Yeah. Something to that effect. She’s a recognizable and known character too so you could center a show around her.

Obviously The Mandalorian and other Star Wars outings that have these really high profile characters, lightsaber fights, etc is more classic Star Wars and they obviously will continue those types of shows.

I just hope they leave room in their slate for one intense drama that’s more maturely written on their slate, too.

Willow seems to be a case of them trying to capture the high fantasy audience (think LOTR and GOT), but from what I’ve heard, while the visuals and acting are great, it’s not insanely well written. I’ll be checking those out soon.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I’m really worried about Season 2’s quality with the strike. They are fairly deep into production by now, but Disney deciding to continue production despite Tony Gilroy (who serves as showrunner) not being on set anymore.

Would be a shame if this season suffers in any way due to the ongoing situation.

I’m really worried about Season 2’s quality with the strike. They are fairly deep into production by now, but Disney deciding to continue production despite Tony Gilroy (who serves as showrunner) not being on set anymore.

Would be a shame if this season suffers in any way due to the ongoing situation.
I could’ve sworn Gilroy suspended Post production until further notice, no? Or atleast, what he was doing then.