Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's a new trailer. Nothing about the adventure we are ging to experience during the ride.
However, it does give us a good overview how we are going to encounter the penguins during the ride and show us the transition from the ride vehicle into the penguin exhibit.

[video=youtube_share;kIi-2Udax-0]http://youtu.be/kIi-2Udax-0[/video]

I also took the liberty to make some screen grabs.
antarctica1.jpg

antarctica2.jpg

antarctica3.jpg

They are going to need some industrialized sized air filtration since penguins generally stink.

The most complicated part of this attraction in my mind is how do they mask the smell of those birds?

Orlando Theme Park News has posted a new photo update of the construction. Part One and Part Two. It appears that they are well underway with the framing for the attraction building that expands off of the previous exhibit.

i2HCAXDd3709P.JPG

ibasE31U92P5QJ.JPG

iRotHhu0thdXf.JPG

iCIQJ37hhMWAU.JPG

Just can't get over the fact this is opening in 9 months!

Is it my imagination, or that show building rather small for a full blown dark ride. I hope it doesn't end up being short like Nemo at The Living seas.

Is it my imagination, or that show building rather small for a full blown dark ride. I hope it doesn't end up being short like Nemo at The Living seas.

Yeah, I'm kinda feeling that way too...when you consider that the queue and the ride are going to fit in that space...I can't see the ride being all that long.

Don't know how I missed that first pic from the 8/15 update, but those sets are from their media day. Saw it back around March/April and received confirmation on what they were.

Screamscape posted some photos of the Antarctica ride building. They appear to have been taken within the new building currently under construction, or just with a really good zoom....

ibkhrqMgUt7Ej1.jpg

iIvsBeCEMo7m8.jpg