1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Attendance Tracker

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Galaxy Defender, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

I think 80% seems relatively low for all tickets being park hoppers or do you mean 80% of people now park hop?

I still do a day at USF, a day at IOA and then a 3rd day at both to fill the gaps.

The UOR and Disneyland model of having two parks next door with an entertainment district is by far the best model for a resort and I hope this is what Universal does with the new land.

natespf likes this.
  2. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Universal Executives have publicly stated that 80% of all tickets sold are now park hoppers, since HE came on board....I would guess WDW Disney's percentages are much much lower.

Scott W., natespf and SeventyOne like this.
  3. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

Anecdotal from resort bars, most Disney on-site guests who do UOR do 1 day at each WDW park, then 1 day for both UOR parks. Or "the two Harry Potter parks" as they usually put it.

RevFreako, natespf, Mad Dog and 2 others like this.
  4. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

I genuinely thought the percentage would be much higher. I’d be interested to see what the numbers were like before the HE opened.

Like you said above, it’s a genius attraction.

On my next trip to Orlando, depending on when I go, I will probably be aiming towards a single day tickets for two parks at Disney.

OhHaiInternet95 likes this.
  5. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Looking at the stand by line times (not actual attendance, but a good indicator of how crowded a park feels) , it appears this has been a really busy President's Day weekend for WDW & Universal Orlando thus far, even significantly busier than Touring Plans predictions for the holiday weekend. Parks sound like they're packed.

6. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Bio's Epcot pics at rope drop looked pretty full. Glad I'm not going up til Friday.

Mad Dog and tankart150 like this.
  7. GAcoaster

GAcoaster Veteran Member

It's President's Day, apparently Canadians have some sort of holiday this week, and Osceola County kids had Thursday and Friday off for the rodeo. It's a busy week/weekend.

Joe, SeventyOne and JoeCamel like this.
  8. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Changing the title of this thread to "Attendance Tracker" as it better reflects what the thread has become.

MrBlonde, SeventyOne, UNIrd and 6 others like this.
  9. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Good idea for the thread title ....Looking at Monday's (President Day) stand by times (indicators of crowd feel but not actual attendance) Touring Plans lines app. shows mostly level 10 crowd levels on most of the WDW and Universal attractions. Even B ticket rides like Woody Woodpecker, Twirl & Hurl and Storm have lines over 30 minutes. Seems it's been a really good 4 day holiday period for both park systems, with crowds significantly above TP's holiday predictions. Good warm sunny weather is probably a contributor too.

10. sjago13

sjago13 Premium Member

Meanwhile I was at Volcano Bay Friday with everything ride now (everythimg but krakatoa walk on) the whole day. Very fun and relaxing time.

Joel, JoeCamel, MrBlonde and 2 others like this.
  11. Joe

12. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

I know the conspiracy nut in us all wants to believe this is to make the rides/parks more popular but I think Len is onto something saying it may overcompensating for expected technical delays and staffing shortages.

Coasted likes this.
  13. Joe

I think it’s not coincidental that DAK After Hours events have been selling out too....

SeventyOne likes this.
  14. bob albert

bob albert Veteran Member

Customer: Shucks the lines are so long for everything. Should we expect Disney to staff their parks as well as they can for $110 or more a ticket? Nahhh it's probably our fault for expecting that and not paying for an after hours event.