Avatar in Disneyland | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It probably will just be an experience of some sort. Probably a museum that will get shoved into launch bay. I could also see them using the Magic Eye Theater for this in some way.

Sounds like Tomorrowland will continue to be a dumping ground for IP promotion.

Reactions: Clive
It probably will just be an experience of some sort. Probably a museum that will get shoved into launch bay. I could also see them using the Magic Eye Theater for this in some way.

Sounds like Tomorrowland will continue to be a dumping ground for IP promotion.
I’m wondering if this is a test of sorts to see if Pandora or even just a clone of Flight of Passage on it’s own would potentially be popular with the Disneyland crowd?

Not sure where they would put it, but if Disney Forward happens, then I think Avatar probably has a really good chance of showing up in that.

I’m wondering if this is a test of sorts to see if Pandora or even just a clone of Flight of Passage on it’s own would potentially be popular with the Disneyland crowd?

Not sure where they would put it, but if Disney Forward happens, then I think Avatar probably has a really good chance of showing up in that.
While I do enjoy FoP and Pandora itself, I think bringing Pandora to the Disney Forward space would be kind of puzzling considering it would be many years old at that point. I'd rather have something different.

While I do enjoy FoP and Pandora itself, I think bringing Pandora to the Disney Forward space would be kind of puzzling considering it would be many years old at that point. I'd rather have something different.
Avatar is one of the most successful franchises of all time already and it still has three movies in the pipeline. Disney is for sure going to want to capitalize on it if the movies keep making insane bank.

I would love if Pandora got expansions across Disney parks similar to Universal's Wizarding World. Imagine if DLR got a Pandora expansion with the ocean village of the Metkayina and their cove from Way of Water. Could explore the reef in all kinds of water based attractions.

I would love if Pandora got expansions across Disney parks similar to Universal's Wizarding World. Imagine if DLR got a Pandora expansion with the ocean village of the Metkayina and their cove from Way of Water. Could explore the reef in all kinds of water based attractions.
And in Avatar 3 they’re going to a Fire tribe with volcanic aesthetics and such on Pandora.

It would be very easy to change up the landscape like you’re talking about. Although the Metkayina tribe mostly live on an ocean with cool houses over the water. There wasn’t anything as iconic as the floating mountains in that area imo.

Whatever it is they need a redo of the DAK stuff to make it engaging and interesting. Attractions just totally devoid of conflict.

Whatever it is they need a redo of the DAK stuff to make it engaging and interesting. Attractions just totally devoid of conflict.
Both are purposefully devoid of it to allow you to “experience Pandora”. It doesn’t work at all for NRJ imo, the land feels dead because of lack of entertainment, and Sautuli Canteen is just fire.

Flight of Passage imo works for most people the way it is. The ride captures the essence of why people love seeing those movies in 3D and it’s really popular with the casual guest, just like the movies are popular with the casual moviegoers.

Many of you probably haven't seen what's we've talked about in the Pandora thread regarding the Avatar Experience that's touring Asia, so here's a look at what it is in case this ends up being similar. This specific one below ends in Singapore on March 31st and i'm not sure what the plans are for it next, but theoretically I guess they could pack it up and send it to DL.

Exactly! Just like:

Test Track/Space Mountain (Primarily based on the thrill of the ride, but the fact remains conflict is not a central part of them.)
Living with the Land
Kilimanjaro Safaris
It's A Small World
Soarin' (Both Versions)
Spaceship Earth
Haunted Mansion/Mystic Manor (Tension/hijinks, but not conflict per se)
Tower of Terror (Highly debatable, but technically it's not conflict)
Jungle Cruise (Does the guide shooting the gun count as conflict?)
Pirates of the Caribbean (You're more a passive party to the conflict as such.)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (Perhaps you are the mayhem and conflict, though.)

While I'm sort of trolling and cherry picking, there's absolutely a case to be made that a ride doesn't inherently require conflict, even if I think many rides that do include conflict are good or better as a result. ;D

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Exactly! Just like:

Test Track/Space Mountain (Primarily based on the thrill of the ride, but the fact remains conflict is not a central part of them.)
Living with the Land
Kilimanjaro Safaris
It's A Small World
Soarin' (Both Versions)
Spaceship Earth
Haunted Mansion/Mystic Manor (Tension/hijinks, but not conflict per se)
Tower of Terror (Highly debatable, but technically it's not conflict)
Jungle Cruise (Does the guide shooting the gun count as conflict?)
Pirates of the Caribbean (You're more a passive party to the conflict as such.)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (Perhaps you are the mayhem and conflict, though.)

While I'm sort of trolling and cherry picking, there's absolutely a case to be made that a ride doesn't inherently require conflict, even if I think many rides that do include conflict are good or better as a result. ;D

None of those are based on a movie that’s clearly an Iraq war analogy. Avatar is a war movie

None of those are based on a movie that’s clearly an Iraq war analogy. Avatar is a war movie
Avatar made a bajillion dollars cause of the flying scene.

Avatar 2 is making a bajillion dollars cause of the swimming scenes.

They know their audience. FoP works because it’s transportive. And it captures the essence of why fans of the movie kept paying to go see it in 3D.

EDIT: To get into it deeper, Cameron did a good job at making us fall in love with Pandora, so we root for it to win when it becomes under attack. And he did such a good job people fell in love with it enough to want to really visit it. In the second film he wanted us to fall in love with the space whales, so when they’re hunted we feel their pain. Audiences don’t love the films for the conflict, they love how well the director got us to care enough to want to protect these things from conflict.

Avatar made a bajillion dollars cause of the flying scene.

Avatar 2 is making a bajillion dollars cause of the swimming scenes.

They know their audience. FoP works because it’s transportive. And it captures the essence of why fans of the movie kept paying to go see it in 3D.

EDIT: To get into it deeper, Cameron did a good job at making us fall in love with Pandora, so we root for it to win when it becomes under attack. And he did such a good job people fell in love with it enough to want to really visit it. In the second film he wanted us to fall in love with the space whales, so when they’re hunted we feel their pain. Audiences don’t love the films for the conflict, they love how well the director got us to care enough to want to protect these things from conflict.

I did not fall in love back in 2010 so for me FoP is just another pretty simulator and River Journey is a rare new boat ride.

Reactions: Legacy